Notices
Vehicles - Trailers (Complete) Have a whole vehicle to sell? Put it here

FS[MidWest]: 1985 Toyota 4Runner SR5

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1985 Toyota 4Runner SR5

I have owned it for about a year and seven months and only put about 7,427 miles on it.

Engine: Rebuilt using all genuine Toyota parts by a Toyota tech. Has about 27,427 miles on it.
LG aftermarket cam, header with about 7,600 miles on it. New air filter, new AFM (air flow meter) that was adjusted for more fuel to match the higher timing for cam. New 255 lph walbro fuel pump. New spark plugs, new plug wires, ported throttle body and intake manifold. New battery, new single wire 120 amp alternator and brackets with new cables. Just changed the oil, new coolant. New silicone radiator hoses. New pvc valve and grommet. New Accel high output coil. New rotor and pickup coil in distributer. New belts, new tensioner pulley. New colder 180 degree thermostat. New TPS (throttle position sensor).

Exhaust: Pacesetter long tube header, magnaflow catalytic converter, magnaflow muffler, 2.5" exhaust piping with 3" exhaust tip. Exhaust coated with black 500 degree header paint.

Drivetrain: Stock Toyota axles, 5:29 ring and pinion. Rear has a detroit locker. Shoes and pads are still good. New wheel cylinders, new axle seals front and rear. Trail gear front axle truss, marlin crossover steering with newish ends. Transfer case mounted parking brake with new cable and good pads. Axles have breather tubes installed in them. New full synthetic gear oil in axles and transmission and transfer case. New shift boots.

Tires: 35 x 12.50 BFG Mud KM/T's with less than 20,000 miles on them. No cuts, scrapes, or uneven wear.

Wheels: Black steel wheels with 1.5" wheel spacers.

Suspension: Marlin longer rear springs and RUF fronts. Anti-death wobble shackles. Approximately a 5" lift with about a 2" boxy lift.

Pre-1982 front grill/headlight combination. All of the electronics work. Lights, signals, hazzards, horns, and the rear window rolls up and down.
New twin electric horns behind the front grill.
Aftermarket bumpers and rock sliders.
Doors can be removed by removing pins.
Top can be removed by removing bolts from the inside.
Newly painted roll bar inside.
GT steering wheel.
Horn converted to separate button on the dash as well as the starter.
No radio or speakers but radio mount included.
No carpet or side panels inside, all bare floor and sides.
Comes with front and rear floor mats.
Front and rear seat belts work.
Brakes are good, I'll throw in a new set of rear shoes and front pads with purchase.
New clutch master cylinder.
New clutch slave cylinder.
New brake master cylinder.
Brakes and clutch bled.
Everything is greased up and good.
No front or rear sway bars but drives and handles really well.
Quick, accelerates quick, drives great on the highway.
New inside door handles.
New inside window levers.
New clear front corner lights.
New rear tail lens with bright led reverse lights.
Clutch is good.
Brakes are good.
New EFI fuse separate from fuse box.
New bigger starter wire from switch.
Newish wipers.
Has a hole in the drivers side rear of the top that's taped off. Including new fiberglass repair kit with purchase.
Including extra shifter boots, factory plug wires, rear defroster switch that needs to be installed, Extra spark plugs, air filter pieces for different size intake tubing, extra intake short tube if you swap sides with battery and air filter, and newish factory 191 degree thermostat I used for winter.
This never over heats, cools really well since there is no condenser in the way of the radiator.
Does not have air conditioning.
Used some expanding foam to seal off areas throughout the 4runner from the front doors, along the sides to the back tailgate.
Headliner is peeling a little.
New bright led dome light bulb.
Original owners manual.
Including a Chiltons manual I bought and marked up with notes, information, and such.
Extra big fuses.
Heater works good.
Headlights adjusted correctly.

Lots of money into this 4runner as far as suspension parts, motor, axles, wheels and tires ect...
Selling because I don't use it as often as I thought I would and just don't have as much use for it anymore so I want to see it go to a good home. It's built for off road and moab ready. Wheels around really well. Great driving on and off road. I have gotten 20-22 mpg on the highway and 12-15 in the city driver style depending.

I have some front and rear differential armor plates available for and extra $50.00

Asking $3900.00 o.b.o.

More pictures located here:
https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/716061
Attached Thumbnails 1985 Toyota 4Runner SR5-0-7-.jpg   1985 Toyota 4Runner SR5-0-1-.jpg   1985 Toyota 4Runner SR5-0-4-.jpg  

Last edited by 3YLSYKR; 07-11-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4runner was sold.