Notices
Buying & Selling Advice - Feeler/Gauging Interest This general forum is for those seeking information about buying, model features/differences, pricing to sell, and related advice

Going to the Toyota junkyard tomorrow. Any parts requests?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 12:45 PM

Received 347 Likes on 216 Posts
Going to the Toyota junkyard tomorrow. Any parts requests?

I'm going to Bank's Toyota Salvage tomorrow in Fredericksburg, VA. They specialize in Toyota parts. They have 10-15 first gen Runners, even more second gens, and about the same number of Pickups. I'm grabbing some stuff for myself but if there's anything you want me to keep an eye out for, post it up.

Please don't post if you don't want to buy. I won't get it unless it's undamaged, and will clean up perfectly with only soap and water. So don't worry about me grabbing something that you wouldn't use. Please don't ask for something you don't want, because then I'm stuck with something I don't need. I can't get everything because I do have to pay for it and I'm out of that money until you buy it back from me. Anyway, not sure if there's any interest in this, but I'd like to help out if I can.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A drivers side tail light for a 92 pickup. And a dome light cover. The square style.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'd love a couple knobs for releasing the rear seats on a 4Runner. I've got an 88, and need both knobs.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish i was near this place, sounds like heaven to the Toyota builder. Dont need any parts but just a few moments of your time if you have it. Always looking for a nice 4 runner body to swap. If you see something that is fairly complete and nice shape and worth mentioning can you post up? Appreciated. Thanks for asking. Have fun.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:21 PM

Damn that place is almost 4 hours away, but I might have to take a trip. Always wanted to go to a Toyota junkyard
Old 07-24-2012, 02:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i need front and rear marker light assy's for my 80 longbed.the bedside red ones in rear and orange front fender side ones.lenses and housings whatever you can get would be awesome,thanx!!!!!

Last edited by cman1; 07-24-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:05 PM

I need a blower resistor motor for my 89 pickup PM me for fastest reply for money$$$$
Old 07-24-2012, 04:08 PM

Gray rear plastics panels. From roll bar back to tail gate
Old 07-24-2012, 05:09 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by vanduzerwilliam
I need a blower resistor motor for my 89 pickup PM me for fastest reply for money$$$$
William... Not telling you what to do...... but used? They VERY commonly go bad.... and are almost always missing at least one speed out of the 4 in nearly every Pick-Your-Part one I've brought home... And those were 5-6$! hahaha... Someone talk you out of using the www.rockauto.com one, new for 9$????

Even new OEM from online vendors you can get one pretty reasonably.

OP, ............ if you find an R151F, I'd love it.... but shipping? eeeek!
Old 07-24-2012, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by TylerH
A drivers side tail light for a 92 pickup. And a dome light cover. The square style.
Taillight is pretty easy. Do you have a picture of the style dome light cover you want? I'm not familiar with 3rd gen P/U's I've only owned 84-88/89 P/U's and 4Runners.

Originally Posted by Ocell
I'd love a couple knobs for releasing the rear seats on a 4Runner. I've got an 88, and need both knobs.
Will do.

Originally Posted by Hammerhead 7
I wish i was near this place, sounds like heaven to the Toyota builder. Dont need any parts but just a few moments of your time if you have it. Always looking for a nice 4 runner body to swap. If you see something that is fairly complete and nice shape and worth mentioning can you post up? Appreciated. Thanks for asking. Have fun.
I'm not sure what your standards are, but I can take pictures of the better ones. They all have reference numbers on the windshields so you can call them directly and ask about specific vehicles.

Originally Posted by cman1
i need front and rear marker light assy's for my 80 longbed.the bedside red ones in rear and orange front fender side ones.lenses and housings whatever you can get would be awesome,thanx!!!!!
They didn't have too many first gen P/U's but I'll keep an eye out.

Honestly you're better off buying new. I have never had a vehicle where all the positions worked. I actually managed to solder mine back together, but new replacements are cheap.

Originally Posted by Aznwolf118
Gray rear plastics panels. From roll bar back to tail gate
I know there was a pair there last time that was not cut or modified to fit speakers, but they are all faded. None are the nice gray color anymore, they are all faded and almost brown. Still interested? Paint fixes fade.

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
I don't know how I'm going to fit my transmission jack in my toolbag either. But if they have one with that trans, I'll give you the reference number and you can call and ask about removal and shipping.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:33 PM

Received 274 Likes on 185 Posts
79 - 83 talgate hinges ... I'll buy them all

problem is , they have to be cut out of the gate (NOT OFF of the gate)

PM me if you can help .. willing to pay for your time

Old 07-24-2012, 06:12 PM

Thank you.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:26 PM

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts
To all: Arlindsay1992 is honest and I've bought something from him and am happy with it.

I'd like to have a gray 1st gen 4Runner SR5 console that is not set up for rear heater. For a manual transmission. Grab the trim bezel that goes around the shifter too. I want VG-EX condition but worn foam and cover would be okay.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by slacker
79 - 83 talgate hinges ... I'll buy them all

problem is , they have to be cut out of the gate (NOT OFF of the gate)

PM me if you can help .. willing to pay for your time
I'll see what I can do. Like I said, they don't have too many of first gen Pickups.

Originally Posted by Nervo19
To all: Arlindsay1992 is honest and I've bought something from him and am happy with it.

I'd like to have a gray 1st gen 4Runner SR5 console that is not set up for rear heater. For a manual transmission. Grab the trim bezel that goes around the shifter too. I want VG-EX condition but worn foam and cover would be okay.
Thanks for the positive feedback. To be honest, I'm looking for the same type of center console for my first gen Runner. They didn't have one last time, but if they happen to have two now I'll grab them both.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:49 PM

Banks toyota? Is that the junker next to the yellow building "Pick-A-Part?" If it is, that place is expensive! He wanted $600 for a used (unknown mileage) r151f that had been sitting out in the weather last time I was there.

Van, honestly, it's best to just get a new one. I believe I paid $11-20 for one NEW from TOYOTA.

Wait, are you looking for the resistor or the blower motor?

arlindsay1992,
If you happen to see any w56b trannys with the 5-speed shifter still attached, I need the rubber isolator between the shifter base and the transmission case. It's basically a rectangular piece of rubber with a square hole cut in the middle for the shifter socket and cut outs for the six bolts that attach the shifter base to the tranny. There are also 6 small washers (1 per bolt) that sandwich between the two. I kinda lost the one from my trans and it tends to leak because it's missing this "spacer." Look for one that is not squished from being tightened too much/ or dryrotted. If you happen to find one in good shape, along with the six washers, i'd gladly buy it off you.

^That's all I can think of right now but I'll let you know if anything else comes to mind.

Last edited by streetlancer; 07-24-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:44 PM

I looked but I couldn't find that 9$ blower motor, I've ordered from rock auto and I've been happy with their services. The part on there was 40$ unless im wrong, which is very likely.. thanks for the help!

Pm me the link please?

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
William... Not telling you what to do...... but used? They VERY commonly go bad.... and are almost always missing at least one speed out of the 4 in nearly every Pick-Your-Part one I've brought home... And those were 5-6$! hahaha... Someone talk you out of using the www.rockauto.com one, new for 9$????

Even new OEM from online vendors you can get one pretty reasonably.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:47 PM

I believe the part is the resistor, I've lost all speeds except high setting, and I would like all the settings back

[/B][/B]
Originally Posted by streetlancer
Banks toyota? Is that the junker next to the yellow building "Pick-A-Part?" If it is, that place is expensive! He wanted $600 for a used (unknown mileage) r151f that had been sitting out in the weather last time I was there.

Van, honestly, it's best to just get a new one. I believe I paid $11-20 for one NEW from TOYOTA.

Wait, are you looking for the resistor or the blower motor?

arlindsay1992,
If you happen to see any w56b trannys with the 5-speed shifter still attached, I need the rubber isolator between the shifter base and the transmission case. It's basically a rectangular piece of rubber with a square hole cut in the middle for the shifter socket and cut outs for the six bolts that attach the shifter base to the tranny. There are also 6 small washers (1 per bolt) that sandwich between the two. I kinda lost the one from my trans and it tends to leak because it's missing this "spacer." Look for one that is not squished from being tightened too much/ or dryrotted. If you happen to find one in good shape, along with the six washers, i'd gladly buy it off you.

^That's all I can think of right now but I'll let you know if anything else comes to mind.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:08 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Oh, yeah, that's why I was telling that other dude to just hit the Catalog and take a peek on their year, etc....

If you're an 89 V6 like I thought you said(and from the badge on your grill<<<< hehehe)>>> .... YES, you're right, it's 35$ + Change... It must be a MUCH different set up than mine. Although, mine looks nearly IDENTICAL... and it was 11$, shipped.......

It SAYS;

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # RU246 More Information About this Part {#1468105730, 8713889105} Intermotor; Blade Terminals; Terminal Gender: Male; Direct OE Replacement; 12 Volt; Number of Terminals: 4; Connector Gender: Female

If he can't find you a WORKING OEM one at this yard(or you can't wait).... rockauto shipped mine to me in ONE DAY! lol... I also might have a coupon for ya......... Lemme look and shoot you a PM if I can find it, k? But THEN AGAIN, if you can get this part like Lancer did for 20$ at the dealer... GO FOR IT! haha... I think that's bcuz he's got an 87, like myself? And yours is DEFINITELY different, from what it seems?

Mine is #RU250, IIRC... look at both of them, they're very similar... But that DOES NOT mean they are? haha.

Last edited by ChefYota4x4; 07-24-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by streetlancer

arlindsay1992,

Yeah, that's the place. They certainly aren't the cheapest place. I think they realize that they have exactly what we want and lots of it, so they feel entitled to charge more. But I didn't feel they were totally unreasonable last time I went. I'm going to go to Pick-A-Part before Bank's and see if I can find anything there. Pick-A-Part rarely has 84-88/89 parts though.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Pricing reminds me, think those knobs for the rear seats will be more than about $15? If they want more, I'd pass.

Quick Reply: Going to the Toyota junkyard tomorrow. Any parts requests?