Looking For A Mechanic/Fabricator/Shop Put your location in your thread title when making an inquiry

Mechanic/DIY enthusiast needed in Seattle WA

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mechanic/DIY enthusiast needed near Seattle WA

Good morning,

New member here. I’ve been on T4RdotOrg for several months now but have recently realized the differences in communities and believe this site suits a thread like this one better. That being said this is a total shot in the dark but it can’t hurt to put it out there.

With th an unexpected baby on the way, I recently purchased a non-running 3G 4Runner (mid-life-crisis) project to keep my mind off of things. After getting the truck running/rolling (groaning) last week I quickly realized how badly she needed new wheel bearings/rear seals. I’ve read/watched most DIY procedures and although I am capable of doing the work, I just can’t bring myself to or afford to buy the bearing adapter/tool/flanged pipe necessary to press off/on the components (abs skid wheel, retainers, etc). Is there anyone out there that is willing to lend a hand/rent this press tool to me?

Although I can’t express it enough, I know gratitude only goes so far in the eye of the partaker, and would be willing to pay/compensate you for your time or rental. I have access to a small shop including a 20ton press and everything else I’ll need so if you can’t accommodate me in your shop, it’s no issue.

If you or or anyone you know might be able to help, please shoot me me a PM.

Thanks in advance and for reading.

Happy trails,

-Charlie

Last edited by SEAslugs; 05-19-2019 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-20-2019, 12:41 PM

Received 192 Likes on 134 Posts
I bought one off ebay, it looks identical to this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Axle-Bearin...UAAOSwlKlbs88-

If I were closer to you, I'd let you borrow mine for free.