Notices
Vendor Advertising Vendor's, use this area to alert members to your OEM & Aftermarket Toyota parts

LED Tail Lights for 3rd Gen!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 09:52 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys, I can get these for you. I'm testing them out, and will report back with info, and pricing. I will confirm the quality, as they are more than a few copies of these lights out.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's great news, I'd rather order them from you than I would off Ebay.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:09 AM

I bought a pair and I can assure you that they are bright(dimness will not be an issue with these). The contrast between parking light and brake lights is awesome. A cool little detail is the sidemarker light built into the side of the reflective lens. They also come with a factory style wiring harness that could almost be mistaken for a Toyota product.

A little background. I always wanted to update the look of my 4Runner so I bought the Led bulbs for my upgraded 2002 tails. I tried almost every 7443 bulb that AutoIllumiation sold. Although most were bright with running lights, the immediate issue was the brightness level when the brakes were applied. The brightness level seemed to be only slightly brighter with the brakes applied(in other words, not contrasting enough).

With the old Led bulbs, you could apply the brake lights, and unless you were close behind, it was hard to notice when you applied the brakes. Thankfully I had the Jaos spolier that had an Led third brake light so I wasn't too concerned.

Well, with these Led tail lights, the contrast is there, and just to perform my own unofficial brightness test, I looked in my rearview mirrow to see how far I could see the brake lights. Now(just like a filament bulb), you can see road signs lit up behind you nearly a block away.

I'm impressed(seriously), and I'm rather picky about Mods I do to my 4runner. Considering the cost of a custom Led job(that is a very expensive option), the cost of these lights was reasonable.

On a sidenote, I recently totaled my White SR-5(shown in my avatar) which had my first pair of these lights installed. Well, even after the accident(several impacts, enough to deploy the airbags), the Led lights(every single one of them) were still lit, even with one of the red lens torn off. So I think that says something about the durability of these. Photos to follow related to that.

I'll do my best to post up some photos of my 2002 with the second set installed to document the level of light they put out.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:43 AM

Niiice

Thanks for the re-assurance.. I too bought it off Ebay.. according to the ups tracking, its already delivered... going to try and take some pics over the weekend.. daytime + night time

GO SOX!!!!
Old 10-26-2007, 11:47 AM

Sweet! I just bought a pair of tail lights for my 4Runner, but LED brake lights are quite tempting... Anyway, I have some White LED lights for my reverse lights and they are very bright, much better than stock. The only lights you would have problems replacing are the turn signals, and like was said above, all you need is to wire in a resistor so that it doesn't think a bulb is burnt out.

I've replaced pretty much everything but my turn signals with LEDs, including the lights in the dash and the map lights and such, and I like the look and feel soo much better. Just be wary of the cheaper LEDs, as most of the time they aren't very bright. Good rule of thumb, the more LEDs the brighter.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Fo_SheeZy
That's great news, I'd rather order them from you than I would off Ebay.
The one things I do is stand behind what I sell 100%. So if you have an issue, you will be taken care of. Should have them on the site soon I hope. This is a very sweet mod and does update the truck.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
anything for the 3rd brake light in an LED flavor? would be nice to match them all in the back if you go with these new tails with LEDs. i'm kind of suprised that there aren't any options for the 3rd brake light, no clear or LED, just those metal covers that say "toyota" or "4runner" on ebay. do you have any info on something like this Jason? sorry if this is off topic for this thread, just got me thinking of that poor brake light that everyone has forgotten.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Contributing Member

You aren't the only one asking about the brakelight. Nothing avail yet. If I sell enough of the led tails, I may be able to have something done.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:38 PM

Jason the second you get the LED tails on your site, I'll be buying a pair! I've bought a lot of products from your site, fast shipping and great customer service!

Originally Posted by 4RUN-GT
I bought a pair and I can assure you that they are bright(dimness will not be an issue with these). The contrast between parking light and brake lights is awesome. A cool little detail is the sidemarker light built into the side of the reflective lens. They also come with a factory style wiring harness that could almost be mistaken for a Toyota product.

A little background. I always wanted to update the look of my 4Runner so I bought the Led bulbs for my upgraded 2002 tails. I tried almost every 7443 bulb that AutoIllumiation sold. Although most were bright with running lights, the immediate issue was the brightness level when the brakes were applied. The brightness level seemed to be only slightly brighter with the brakes applied(in other words, not contrasting enough).

With the old Led bulbs, you could apply the brake lights, and unless you were close behind, it was hard to notice when you applied the brakes. Thankfully I had the Jaos spolier that had an Led third brake light so I wasn't too concerned.

Well, with these Led tail lights, the contrast is there, and just to perform my own unofficial brightness test, I looked in my rearview mirrow to see how far I could see the brake lights. Now(just like a filament bulb), you can see road signs lit up behind you nearly a block away.

I'm impressed(seriously), and I'm rather picky about Mods I do to my 4runner. Considering the cost of a custom Led job(that is a very expensive option), the cost of these lights was reasonable.

On a sidenote, I recently totaled my White SR-5(shown in my avatar) which had my first pair of these lights installed. Well, even after the accident(several impacts, enough to deploy the airbags), the Led lights(every single one of them) were still lit, even with one of the red lens torn off. So I think that says something about the durability of these. Photos to follow related to that.

I'll do my best to post up some photos of my 2002 with the second set installed to document the level of light they put out.
Your 4Runner is badass, it's sad that you totalled it. I know what you mean about the LED brake bulbs, I went with these right here:

They are $25 a piece! When I first got them I had a friend hitting the brake so I could look at the difference, it was horrible, I could barely tell that the brake were even being pumped... I only went with LED because regular bulbs looked pink with my clear tail lights.

Last edited by Fo_SheeZy; 10-26-2007 at 02:43 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Fo_SheeZy
Jason the second you get the LED tails on your site, I'll be buying a pair! I've bought a lot of products from your site, fast shipping and great customer service!
They are now on the site! I've matched the ebay price, which is already too low to begin with. I try to help out when I can, and I don't know how long I can keep this price going. I stand behind what i sell, so if you order, you will have peace of mind.

96-98 LED TAILS

99-00 LED TAILS

01-02 LED TAILS

This picture does not do these tails justice. These are super bright in person, look awesome, and are high quality.

Last edited by Jason B; 10-26-2007 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That was quick Jason...can't wait to see them on a 3rd gen
Old 10-26-2007, 04:52 PM

Questions:

1. What size are the LED's? 194? 74? If one LED goes out, do they all go out? Where do we order replacement bulbs?
2. How do you change the LEDs if they do go out?
3. If you have the 02 lights with the 02 harness is installation a matter of pulling out the old housing and installing the new housing? Or do you have to pull up the interior panels and unbolt the harness?

Thanks Jason.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by QSVeilside
Questions:

1. What size are the LED's? 194? 74? If one LED goes out, do they all go out? Where do we order replacement bulbs?
2. How do you change the LEDs if they do go out?
3. If you have the 02 lights with the 02 harness is installation a matter of pulling out the old housing and installing the new housing? Or do you have to pull up the interior panels and unbolt the harness?

Thanks Jason.
Not sure on the size. No, if one goes out, just one goes out. You shouldn't need to order any replacement bulbs. These should last forever, since ther eis no filament in there to blow. The led bulbs are all together on a circuit board. If something would go wrong, I send you a new light. If you have 02 lights now, then it's all plug and play, you don't have to do anything.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:17 PM

Jason:

Are the only differences with the years posted just the harness? Who makes these? Eagle Eyes like the ones offered on Ebay?

Thanks,
Paul
Old 10-26-2007, 09:40 PM

in 6 months they'll be 75 bucks or less. I'll wait.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:30 PM

So do they come with a wiring harness, on Ebay it says they do..?

Originally Posted by MARSHALLMAY
in 6 months they'll be 75 bucks or less. I'll wait.
Haha I really doubt that!
Old 10-27-2007, 11:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jason B
They are now on the site! I've matched the ebay price, which is already too low to begin with. I try to help out when I can, and I don't know how long I can keep this price going. I stand behind what i sell, so if you order, you will have peace of mind.

96-98 LED TAILS

99-00 LED TAILS

01-02 LED TAILS

This picture does not do these tails justice. These are super bright in person, look awesome, and are high quality.
Do the 01-02 runner lights fit a 02 Taco?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:48 AM

Hi Everyone.. I'm bout to load up the pics now.. i'm not a photographer, hopefully the picture can show y'all what you want.. All I can say is.. These LED's are badaZZ.. i mean I thought I was happy scoring skid plate for 70 bucks before and changing the look of my front.. now, w/ the new LED tailights.. Not sure if I'm more happy at the fact Red Sox won or I put on the tail lights!!!
Old 10-29-2007, 08:14 AM

I really do like that they look OEM and not ricer. I agree on waiting, I am sure as with everything else they will get cheaper.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:14 AM

Here's the pics

Hi,
My first time posting pics..hope they work.. Believe me when I tell you.. its bright.. the picture don't do it justice..... no need for instructions, just plug and play style.. just had to unscrew a few and adjust the trunk plastic panel a bit to install the clip.. be sure to ground it.. or else the light will get funky.. I'll add a couple more pics.. daytime and one pic of my front w/ skidz
Attached Thumbnails LED Tail Lights for 3rd Gen!!!-picture-052.jpg   LED Tail Lights for 3rd Gen!!!-picture-058.jpg   LED Tail Lights for 3rd Gen!!!-picture-065.jpg  

Last edited by MotaPsycho; 10-29-2007 at 08:30 AM.

Quick Reply: LED Tail Lights for 3rd Gen!!!