All Other Toyota Swaps I4, I6, Lexus V8

From 3.slow to V8 in my 93 P/U

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From 3.slow to V8 in my 93 P/U

Just this past week i had my starter go on my 93 pickup. While it wasn't much of a hassle besides a slow afternoon and small bill i was informed i was about to be under some hard times. My mechanic who didn't speak very much english (just recently moved to Miami) informed me i had an oil leak and that i should swing by his shop. He didn't let me know however he was going to be on vacation for a month so, i ended up going to the dealer ship ( i have to drive to louisiana in two days so i wanted to fix everything. They told me i have so many leaks they don't know where to start including head gasket and possible crack in oil pan and that the engine needs to be pulled for a full re-seal. I talked with my dad current owner of the truck. Couldn't part with it so i kept it in the family

We decided the correct route is an engine swap, i have been reading up here and on other forums and i think the V8 is the powerhouse we're looking for. I don't have many leads of where to find the engine and components so here's what i have so far. http://www.lexusv8conversions.co.za/...ta-gearbox-kit

how is that so far?
Any suggestions and help is welcome and appreciated.