Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HELP..ANYONE...LOST 1,3,5 all dead , no fuel to right bank at all

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 08:20 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP..ANYONE...LOST 1,3,5 all dead , no fuel to right bank at all

angry now, just typed out a long discription of my prob and then when I submitted it it said i needed to log in again and now I have to start over
I have no fuel at right bank at all (I assume)
I changed the valve cover gaskets a couple weeks agao (3vze) and upon reinstallation of upper intake and all reassembled she cranked and fired up, large valve noises and chattering, but smooth idle and throttle.... and a chirping of sorts.
well I have been driving like that for a couple weeks now and she is a bit more piggish than usual, as a matter of fact very shy under 3500r's... so wed I replaced the plugs, no diff... I went by 1st rock they had no clue (by sight and sound alone). got home and putting the stethoscope in my ear says normal sounds in head, valve cover, intake, normal machinery sounds (smooth purr, as smooth as expected anyway at 233k)but then on the fuel rail "bang bang bang pop chirp" through the lead... changed FPR... no diff.
long story short... I pulled plug wires one at a ti8me to see what cyl may be having probs. left bank eaxch wire caused a rough idle and change in operation, as expected.
right bank 1, 3 and 5 . pulled no. 1, no change. no. 2, no change, no. 3 no changhe...pulled ALL 3 at once no change...hmmm.... plenty of fire I can get an ark to the boot at over an inch from the cap. pulled no. 3 plug, DRY, light brown, not burnt, very small score on the electrode where it is recieving spark in a dry cyl.... I am not getting any fuel to 1 3 and 5 is what seems obvious to me....
what did I miss upon reassembly of Upper int. that could cause this?
or did something happen that might have this prob?...crack something?...
Im at a loss guys...anyone any suggestions? keep in mind that I have been able to drive her, she doesnt miss bad at all and idles.. on 3 cyl. no less... I am impressed but (never thought i would say this) need my 3.0 power back (yes i said power back from a 3vz) sad but true.

Last edited by DIRT CLOD; 04-23-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Banned

is it possible to have this problem from a vacumm line mix up or something? I mean there are hardly any vac. lines to mix up you know (cough cough).....
Old 04-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Banned

is there a filter or check valve between the intake and firewall that goes between the rails?...I am at a stump, doesnt the fuel feed come through the right fuel rail?...
no smoke at exhaust, no fuel smell...a carbon smell sometimes, but its not like its getting dumped and not burned, the valves must be opening its not popping or ...ugghhh....I am getting another long block 3vze but it wont be done building for months...arrggghhh
Old 04-23-2011, 08:52 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Have you rechecked ALL of your electrical connectors? The fuel injectors fire in two groups of three. 1, 3, 5 are one group and 2,4,6 for the other. Otherwise perhaps you have a clogged or pinched fuel rail inlet on that side?
Old 04-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Banned

I thought I had checked them all... I have taken off the upper 2 times now. throught hte stethoscope it sounds like they are firing (rapid click click click) ... hmmmm
Old 04-23-2011, 09:20 AM
Banned

how come the check engine light doesnt come on on any of this...even when I pull multiple vac. lines it doesnt come on, but ill be if the O2 sensor goes it comes on immediately....lol
Old 04-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Banned

If there is anyone in tucson that could lend me another pair of eyes or another brain to pic, msg me and get my #, maybe we could hook up and pick at it. go crazy figuring this out myuself
Old 04-23-2011, 11:45 AM

Check for power on each injector harness plug. Most vehicles power positive side of injectors constantly and regulate ground side individualy at ecm. You didn't bend any tabs over plugging in the injectors? Injector harness have any connector plug under intake? 3 dead holes must make a serious pig. All three injectors going bad at once not likely. ?.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Banned

i agree on the all three very unlikely at same time... my worst fear is a cam problem. but since the plugs are dry and there is no smoke I assume it is injection. I just hate pullling it off a 3rd time to troubleshoot. I took it off the second time because of the noise and removed the valve covers hoping I didnt leave accidentally something in there (dropped socket, screwdriver who knows) but no, it was all correct. unfortunately , of course according to murphy, the problem bank would HAVE to be the right side under the intake...go figure, right.
going out to check all accessable connections and plugs. Is there a vacuum line that creates the pressure on each side . I was thinking maybe a check valve or filtr as I said earlier, that maybe a vac line might create the uni direction at the check valve....????... just guessing at any possibility at this point... but def will see if I can get a lead in to at least no.1 injector and check as you said 83.
Update in a couple hours
Old 04-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Banned

update
followed harness from eco to inner fender to harness at back of timing front of intake. followed to seperations for right then left bank. Broke the darn cover off the plastic harness cover. all wiring looked great, no dry cracking, no kinky stuff, unaltered, not hard either.
AND THEN, under the attached metal vacuum tubes under nad next to the egr diaghram (of course it would have to be on the right) i saw what looked like taped wires. I figured the tape from the harness melted or PO musta used liquid tape or smthn. any way upong investigation it looks like melted smthn. from scraping away a bit i found what looks to be exposed wiring.....may be the culprit, needs to be addressed anyway if not.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Banned

https://www.yotatech.com/members/dir...t-100-0061.jpg
Old 04-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Banned

i dont know how to make pics big
Old 04-25-2011, 09:28 AM
Banned

Valves??? compression blowing back through intake

I have had a problem that I had described in another thread, (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...nk-all-234052/) unfortunately I have recieved little or no replys.
I had, after removing the intake and changing the valve covers, a noise like chirping and valve chatter....
thought it was vacuum, maybe?...then valve train problem... but fund it was running on 3 cylindwers only, yes 3 cylinders, and quite inpressively as it idled half decent and drove , more sluggishly than normal but drove.
Last night she puttered out and wont start.... I checked whatever I could and when I went to spray carb clean into inlet to see if it would try to start (hoping fuel problem) it was blowing back at me!.. i used a peice of thread and found that there is compression going into the intake and blowing back through the inlet....ugghhhh....
Valves?.... should I start at removing heads and replacing...any ideas or experience with this problem?
other thread....

pics of harness investigation and unusual interesting wiring prob... on link above to other thread
PLEASE>....ANYONE???

Last edited by DIRT CLOD; 04-25-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:30 AM
Banned

sure could use some input

I have had a problem that I had described in another thread, (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/help-an...nk-all-234052/) unfortunately I have recieved little or no replys.
I had, after removing the intake and changing the valve covers, a noise like chirping and valve chatter....
thought it was vacuum, maybe?...then valve train problem... but fund it was running on 3 cylindwers only, yes 3 cylinders, and quite inpressively as it idled half decent and drove , more sluggishly than normal but drove.
Last night she puttered out and wont start.... I checked whatever I could and when I went to spray carb clean into inlet to see if it would try to start (hoping fuel problem) it was blowing back at me!.. i used a peice of thread and found that there is compression going into the intake and blowing back through the inlet....ugghhhh....
Valves?.... should I start at removing heads and replacing...any ideas or experience with this problem?
other thread....

pics of harness investigation and unusual interesting wiring prob... on link above to other thread
PLEASE>....ANYONE???
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/help-an...nk-all-234052
Old 04-26-2011, 06:32 AM
Banned

I miss my baby already
was hoping to go wheelin this weekend, but prolly not/
Old 04-26-2011, 06:43 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Merged your threads.
With so many issues if they are all over the place no one can get the big picture and offer any advice that might help.

:wabbit2:
Old 04-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Banned

yeah I have been having differant things come up... now I am trying to figure out the blaowback problem. I am assuming valves... but before I go tearing it apart , is it possible to be a relay or vacuum problem ?... I would love to see it being a fuel or vac prob..but the blowback is concerning
Old 04-26-2011, 08:00 AM
Banned

Thank you Wabbit... I still have problems navigating the site, now that i am coming on more and meeting more people I have been on more and learning around...lol.. still haven't got the whole pic thiung down.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:17 AM

Good luck man. I'm having 3.slo problems too!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Banned

Ok, I found a complete 3.4, 191k runs perfect in a 2wheel drive 96 p/u....
complete with E.C.U, harness, ex. manifolds etc... for 1k. high miles but still worth it i assume.
the 3.4 2 wheel ECU I dont think will work with my 4x4. I am going to price plug and play kit but i am having a hard time finding the thread I saw the link in for that app.
????