86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Does anybody know this dude

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anybody know this dude

I am coming over here from the Tundra side to see if anybody know who this guy may be. I was driving down PCH in Newport Beach today and this guy pulls up next to me driving a white 94 or maybe 95 4runner, he guns his engine, I'm in my 05 Tundra, thinking, I'm gonna show this guy what a real truck can do, I've done a more than a few mods already so my truck hauls freaken butt. Then I look over on the other side of me and there's a Porshce Cayenne, he looks at me, like I gunned my engine and wants to race. I'm thinking now I'm gonna have to test out my new mods on both of these guys. The light turns green and we take off, I'm just smoking the Porsche, but to my huge surprise this guy in the 4runner is just plain smoking both of us. Not by a little bit either, he was a good 15 car lengths ahead of me and just blowing the Porsche away and we had'nt even reached 100mph yet. I caught up to him a few lights up and asked him what the hell he's got under there. He said juiced and goosed 3.0, I'm thinking, there's no possible way that's a 3.0 under there. Does anybody know this guy, he's got brown hair and the last I saw of him was on PCH in huntington beach, the 4runner he was driving is a 94, maybe 95, with californa firefighter plates. I'm not writing this cuz I'm pissed I got beat, I wanna know who he is so I can find out what mods he did to make that 4runner so freaken fast.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:00 PM

engine swap?
Old 02-25-2005, 04:01 PM
Contributing Member

BusJack what mods you got?
Old 02-25-2005, 04:02 PM

Supra Swap?
Old 02-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Contributing Member

"He said juiced and goosed 3.0, I'm thinking, there's no possible way that's a 3.0 under there"

He did say he had nitrous
Old 02-25-2005, 04:22 PM
Contributing Member

Maybe a 7mgte, isn't that also 3L?
Old 02-25-2005, 04:32 PM

Could be

Could have been that he had nitrous, it did'nt sound like it though, it sounded more like a formula one engine. As for me, I have a cold air intake, supercharger and headers and mandrel bent exhaust. I guess I am going to have to buy the laptop plug-in that remaps the ECU.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:19 PM
AUJWE

Had to have been an engine swap in the 2nd gen. No way the 3.0 was doing that to you.

Have you dyno'd your Tundra yet with all of those mods? if so then post some #'s because I'm interested.

Old 02-25-2005, 06:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fs8459
well, a 3.0 cannot achieve so much power. The only way I can imagine is maybe he has installed Nitrous oxide system under the hood for a quick boost in acceleration.
Err...Supras are pushing 1000RWHP+, some without N2O...and guess what size the 2JZ-GTE is...
Old 02-25-2005, 06:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Vato Loco
Supra Swap?
Has someone actually done that?
Old 02-25-2005, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Busjack
... Does anybody know this guy, he's got brown hair and the last I saw of him was on PCH in huntington beach, the 4runner he was driving is a 94, maybe 95, with californa firefighter plates. I'm not writing this cuz I'm pissed I got beat, I wanna know who he is so I can find out what mods he did to make that 4runner so freaken fast.
I'd like to know who the f*<ing dick is because he's abusing the system and risking the public lives he's supposed to be saving by racing on city streets thinking he's gonna get away with it because he's a firefighter. We'll end up seeing him on the 10:00PM news after he kills a family of four in their Corolla. As for the Cayenne, what model? The base Cayenne has a V6 and is a dog (for a $60K ride).
Old 02-25-2005, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by RBLACAUSA
I'd like to know who the f*<ing dick is because he's abusing the system and risking the public lives he's supposed to be saving by racing on city streets thinking he's gonna get away with it because he's a firefighter.
Winner ^^^^

Street racing is absolutely irresponsible and stupid. Bragging about it on a BBS isn't any smarter...
Old 02-25-2005, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Gangus2006
Has someone actually done that?

a few/couple people.

check on 4x4wire...
Old 02-25-2005, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by rockota
Winner ^^^^

Street racing is absolutely irresponsible and stupid. Bragging about it on a BBS isn't any smarter...
I agree, but still, despite my dislike of streetracing and its inherent risk to public safety, I want to welcome BusJack to YotaTech. Its a great place with great and very informative people. I don't spend much time in the Tundra side of the forum, but I'm sure there are many people everywhere here in yotatech who would want to share ideas with you and hear more about your Tundra mods. Welcome!
Old 02-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Contributing Member

Chill out man...

Its not like they were at some big event... They were just at a light and both got on it a bit. Taking it up to 100mph is unsafe, but he said he they didn't go that fast. Try not to take it quite so much to heart.. As for the porsche, your so right. Its a turd and a half. One of my friends has one and it is SLOW. The interior is amazing, but thats about it. My runner with 33s was not that much slower. Now that I have the s/c there is no contest though. Now the S and turbo are another matter, but it is a Porsche. They start in the 40s range too, not 60 for the 6cyl. I thought the same thing, but I was proven wrong.

One swap...Click Here

Last edited by turboale; 02-26-2005 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:41 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by rockota
Winner ^^^^

Calm down...count to ten...it's gonna' be okay.

Come on guys, he wasn't jumping bridges while hitting the nos and launching over a Supra TT .I think most people, perhaps you included has romped it and done a light to light drag. No need to get 'holier than thou' over it. If you haven't then...damn...you are FREAKS!! (just kidding). Lets just break the guy in slowly guys. No need to trash him so soon. (I will now wait for the "you damn kids" posts now)
Old 02-26-2005, 10:41 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Busjack
Could have been that he had nitrous, it did'nt sound like it though, it sounded more like a formula one engine. As for me, I have a cold air intake, supercharger and headers and mandrel bent exhaust. I guess I am going to have to buy the laptop plug-in that remaps the ECU.
WoW and he ran off and left you!
Old 02-26-2005, 02:55 PM

I found the dude

I found the dude who owns the 94' 4runner, I found him through a friend who works for a local P.D. Being curious as I always am, I went to pay this guy a visit and here's the story, so hold your socks. He knew exactly who I was when I drove up, he said, people have followed him home a few times to find out what he has under the hood of his runner. I had to damn near beg him to get a look under the hood though. Under the hood is a 3.0(3VZE) alright, not just any 3.0 though, it's a thing of beauty, this thing is an engineering freaken marvel. I asked him where he got it, he said he picked it up from a friend who works for Toyota Production Development in Japan it was a concept project engine, that did'nt make it to market because Nissan had a similar concept. He said he bought it from his friend and had it shipped over here. And yes this 3.0 has 24 valve heads, it also has dual turbos with 18lbs. of boost each, the fender well are cut to fit everything in, it has digitally controlled nitrous with a freon shot cooler...?(never heard of one of those), one of the wildest dual cold air intakes I've ever seen. The exhaust is Downey Off Road headers, dual 2.5" mandrel bent stainless with a Flowmaster mufflers. Inside the truck, the glove box opens and a laptop computer folds out and over towards the driver, he says it controls a mappable ECU, diagnostics and nitrous and here's the real kicker, it puts out 490 rwhp. After looking at this Freaken Monster of a 3.0, it's no wonder he left me in the dust. Also, he said he knows all about Yotatech he's been on here more than a few times, trying to help others with tips and tricks, he would'nt give me his handle though, he said you can probably guess who he is right off, he said, he's the guy that's always getting bashed and flamed about his intake ideas. Well, for me, after seeing this guys runner, seeing is believing and this one is definitely unfreakenbelieveable.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:05 PM
Contributing Member

What no
I do remember some old threads that resemble this guy. Wish I could find them.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Banned

Thats nucking futs...

SOunds like Im gonna have to swap a built 2JZ-GTE into my3G now..

Quick Reply: Does anybody know this dude