Computer Talk Discussions here pertain to mods, troubleshooting, and PC/console gaming

"Borrowing" internet access

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only reason I keep posting is because I'm bored and I find this terribly amusing. This has absolutely nothing to do with me. I fully pay for everything that I use, so I'm just feeding the fire, so to speak.

I know it's wrong. By our standards today, it's wrong. But our "standards" happen to all just be a part of lining the pockets of the politically corrupt that seem to dominate our society. Just take a look at the news every day and tell me our standards aren't FUBAR'd. But then again, that's just my conspiracy theory.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm with churnd...I pay for my internet....

but using someone elses internet?...whats that? thats nothing who cares. I dont think that makes you an evil person with no character. Your saving a buck and your not hurting anyone in the process. Well your hurting the ISP which over charges you anyway. Since usually with cable you dont have more then one company to choose from.

I say go for it now heheh..Dont worry about other people passing judgment on you. I wouldnt abuse the free internet but for web surfing and checking mail...ahh who cares....
Old 06-21-2005, 07:03 PM
Contributing Member

I'm just fueling the fire too. The biggest issue I have with alot of these discussions on Yotatech is that civil discussions quickly degenerate into name calling. The reason I ignored PirateFins is that his post contained ignorant name calling, ie. "blah blah blah such a stupid question blah blah blah ashamed of myself blah blah blah" and I don't think Brian's is any better, again saying I must have a serious character flaw, etc. for even considering it. It must be wonderful to live in a world where everything appears to be so black and white, and I love how the simple question that started this thread quickly turned into the fact that my soul must need saving. Glad to know we're surrounded by such morally pure people on Yotatech, they set such a good example for the rest of us!

The last useful bit of information in this thread ended after the 3rd or 4th post, so I'm going to request that this thread be closed....

Last edited by Mad Chemist; 06-21-2005 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Mad Chemist
I'm just fueling the fire too. The biggest issue I have with alot of these discussions on Yotatech is that civil discussions quickly degenerate into name calling. The reason I ignored PirateFins is that his post contained ignorant name calling, ie. "blah blah blah such a stupid question blah blah blah ashamed of myself blah blah blah" and I don't think Brian's is any better, again saying I must have a serious character flaw, etc. for even considering it. It must be wonderful to live in a world where everything appears to be so black and white, and I love how the simple question that started this thread quickly turned into the fact that my soul must need saving. Glad to know we're surrounded by such morally pure people on Yotatech, they set such a good example for the rest of us!

The last useful bit of information in this thread ended after the 3rd or 4th post, so I'm going to request that this thread be closed....

request DENIED SINNER!!!! hahah
Old 06-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Contributing Member

Old 06-21-2005, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mad Chemist

At what point did I ever call you any names? Please highlite them for me. And if your going to quote me please quote it correctly, I'll do it for you
" All of you who said he should just do it and hide the fact should be ashamed of yourselfs and need to grow up!!". Go ahead and ignore me all you want, you asked I answered, don't like it fine. Don't listen. But there are 2 sides to everything.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by CynicX
i'm with churnd...I pay for my internet....

but using someone elses internet?...whats that? thats nothing who cares. I dont think that makes you an evil person with no character. Your saving a buck and your not hurting anyone in the process. Well your hurting the ISP which over charges you anyway. Since usually with cable you dont have more then one company to choose from.

I say go for it now heheh..Dont worry about other people passing judgment on you. I wouldnt abuse the free internet but for web surfing and checking mail...ahh who cares....
I can't wait for you to move back to MD. Wonder where I'll be getting my gas from now on. Wow gas who cares not like he can't drive on only an 1/8th tank and the oil company overcharges anyway.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:36 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Intrepid
True, it is wrong, everyone knows that, you didn't pay for it, so you shouldn't have it. But do I care in the least? Of course not, I am currently working it out with my landlord so that I share his cable and he shares my DSL. IS THIS WRONG? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I love watching everyone get all bent about this stuff.

Big difference between working something out with someone vs. just taking it outright without their knowledge.

As far as getting bent out of shape - I don't really think there are too many people that are taking this all that seriously. Personally, I'm just surprised at how many of you guys think that this is okay.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:53 PM

If a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it, does it make a sound?
If a neighbor borrows internet and no one sees it, does it make a difference?
Old 06-21-2005, 09:06 PM
Contributing Member

If someone kills someone else and nobody misses them, does it make a difference?
That kind of argument doesn't work.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:06 PM

So is it OK to allow your neighbor use your connection, or your house mate if you just rent a room, or your spouse?
Old 06-21-2005, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tacoma Dude
If someone kills someone else and nobody misses them, does it make a difference?
That kind of argument doesn't work.
No it doesnt matter. Like killing a hobo. Who cares?
Man I'm just ˟˟˟˟˟in around.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Contributing Member

this thread needs this:

Old 06-21-2005, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by superjoe83
this thread needs this:

Old 06-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Contributing Member

this thread needs this:

look how happy he is....probably goes home and uses his neighbors internet!! bastard!!!
Old 06-21-2005, 10:11 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by PirateFins
I can't wait for you to move back to MD. Wonder where I'll be getting my gas from now on. Wow gas who cares not like he can't drive on only an 1/8th tank and the oil company overcharges anyway.
hmm...i'm stumped...do i need a secret decoder ring or somethings?

if you mean i'll be stealing someones gas, dont worry like i mentioned a few times I would steal anything from anyone..

Like I said in the offtopic post about this. Per FBI there is no stealing involved unless you are REMOVING or copying files from the other person computer. If you are using there internet, while still a crime to be connected and transfering data knowingly, this is not considered stealing. Since you are just using someone else equipment to connect to a public service even if they are paying for the connection to this service.

Plus come on. I pay for my internet like I said. Matter of factly I was paying for internet at three house, 2 in MD and 1 in SC. I'm paying for it in 2 places now 1 in MD and 1 in SC.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:12 AM

this thread needs this:

You know whats not funny...killing strippers...cuz they're already dead on the inside...
Old 06-22-2005, 08:46 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Intrepid

You know whats not funny...killing strippers...cuz they're already dead on the inside...
lol family guy....

hmm i've downloaded every episode....heheh but I'm definately not gonna get into that....
Old 06-22-2005, 09:18 AM
Contributing Member

lol family guy....

hmm i've downloaded every episode....heheh but I'm definately not gonna get into that....
Sinner!
Old 06-22-2005, 10:06 AM

lol family guy....

I wondered if anyone would get it or if I would get flamed for being insensitive or something...

Quick Reply: "Borrowing" internet access