GPS & Communication Discussions here pertain to the use and troubleshooting of GPS, CB radio, and amateur radio

anyone use the cobra 75wxst?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone use the cobra 75wxst?

http://www.leeselect.com/shopping/pr...t.asp?prid=448

seems cool, how do you like it if you have it.

what are the downsides and upsides, besides size?
Old 11-01-2005, 03:28 PM
Contributing Member

search away... many users have this...

here's a quick search I did in 2 sec:
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...ghlight=75wxst

Other threads available... give it a try ("search") is available on the top of the header area.

Good luck!
Old 11-01-2005, 03:52 PM

ok i read all the threads, what features doesnt it have compared to the large unit kind?
Old 11-01-2005, 03:58 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Dare to use YOUR brain just a tad.

Welcome to Yotatech.

www.cobra.com

Old 11-01-2005, 04:16 PM

i guess all the "not hel;ping new guys" attitude got alittle old for me a few years ago on my other board.

im wanting realworld experience here, not a table of features, because i dont know what half of them mean.

i just got interested in a cb...
Old 11-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Banned

many people love that cb. heres a writeup for future install http://www.4runners.org/articles/cobra/index2.html

its a great cb, some people say the mic is too big. The cb itself is compact and virtually hidden. You wouldnt be disappointed in it.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by dfoxengr
i guess all the "not hel;ping new guys" attitude got alittle old for me a few years ago on my other board.

im wanting realworld experience here, not a table of features, because i dont know what half of them mean.

i just got interested in a cb...
It has nothing to do w/ not helping new guys, as that is what Yotatech is all about. I dare say you got it wrong bro. If we weren't trying to help the new guy, why did we bother to post in the first place?

I believe the Cobra site has plenty of information and in depth explanations of features and I think it will even allow you to compare different CBs, or if they won't, there are some sites that sell their products that do, as that is how I picked mine.

I have the Cobra 75 that you speak of and it works well. I like it because when you aren't wheeling you can stow it out of sight to prevent would be crack heads wanting to break into your rig to steal your CB so they can go hock it for a bag of crack. It has all the features of your basic CB, along w/ weather channel, has a speaker hookup and you can get more than one "box" and use the big CB mic part in any vehicle w/ a "box" in it.

Perhaps if you would ask more specific questions as to what features you do not understand folks could give you some specific answers??? There are many folks that will help if you'll narrow down the question to specifc features you don't understand, myself included.

You certainly won't get much help sportin' a tude. Have a beer.

Heck, I'll even list the features for you...what don't you understand?

Additional Features:
Four Memory Channels
Key Lock

Outstanding Features of the 75 WX ST:

SoundTracker® The first patented technology that dramatically improves the transmission and reception of CB radio signals. The result is a cleaner, clearer sounding CB with more "powerful" transmissions and less static or noise on reception.

40 CB & 10 Weather Channels 10 Weather Channels. Complete access to all 40 Citizen Band Radio channels. 10 National Weather Channels (7 NOAA and 3 International) provide full coverage to keep you informed of weather conditions anywhere you go.

Remote Mount System Remote installation box installs out of sight under your dash and the quick disconnect allows removal of the handpiece for security or use in other vehicles.

Dual Watch and Full Channel Scan Dual Watch allows simultaneous monitoring of any two preselected channels. Full Channel Scan allows you to scan all 40 channels.

Instant Channel 19 Instant access to information Channel 19 with a single switch of a button.

Full-Featured LCD Display Panel All the information you need is provided from this LCD display panel. Choose normal CB channel readout or five digit frequency display.

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 11-01-2005 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:02 PM
Contributing Member

just get a basic CB if you're just getting into the mix. trying to have all the bling bling features is only going to confuse you.

I've had 3 now and of the 3 I have the cheapest one running in my truck. Why you ask? it's because I don't need all of that extra crap plus I don't use it... waste of $ if you ask me unless you're a trucker and need all of that crazy stuff. All I need the cb to be able to communicate w/ others that are only about 50-150 feet away figure I can get that done w/ the cheapest one possible!

Now I do have the Uniden 78ltw for sale if you're interesting in a full sized cb.

Good luck!
Old 11-01-2005, 05:05 PM

what is the size of a DIN slot? anyone know...?
Old 11-01-2005, 05:11 PM
Contributing Member

most full sized cb's won't fit. Just try doing a real world size diff by looking at your radio. if you're really really lazy, just look at any aftermarket radio and get the din size from there.

I have the uniden 520xl that is about 3/4 the size of the din and fits under the radio. There's a few other models that are close to the din size but nothing that I know of that is an exact match.

FYI, most of the q you ask people won't have off hand (like the exact din size you ask). But I know google can definitely find all of your answers. If you do a quick search for specific models in yotatech, you'll find people either have had them or use them currently use em. I'm sure they'll have photos if they did a review.

Good luck!
Old 11-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Banned

cobra 18 seems to be a widely used CB in DIN slots
Old 11-01-2005, 05:20 PM

how does the 75 work for highway trucker talking use?
Old 11-01-2005, 05:26 PM
Contributing Member

ok rookie, a CB is a CB. all of them will be able to communicate w/ everyone else on a CB. The truckers aren't using anything more "special" than a simple one. Some prefer to get ones with extra features such as weatherband (ability to listen to weather channel) etc etc.

Any CB will do btw. I'd say get something cheap to chat w/ others on the trail. Outside of that, it's not really all that.

Good luck
Old 11-01-2005, 05:50 PM

thanks. like i said, i dont know anything about them
Old 11-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Contributing Member

Sounds like you really need to be searching on google first and getting the basics.

Try this link from a search of "CB radio citizen band help" that I did in google:

http://4wheeldrive.about.com/od/citizenbandradio/

Good luck
Old 11-01-2005, 06:07 PM

yeah ive been doing that.

do you have to have a stud mount for the firestik hood channel mount?

and can you use the quick disconnect, or a foldover adapter with a spring?

Last edited by dfoxengr; 11-01-2005 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
arrgghh....READ!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 06:13 PM

stop being pricks. at least this forum is finally moving.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
look pal, part of being a community is taking the time to do some homework and reading---you want to be spoon fed. there is plenty of info here that answers all your questions.

if you take the time to read, you'd have all your quesitons answered. if you have follow up questions that have some obvious signs that you've taken the time to do the most basic of research, trust me, people here will be more than helpful in answering those questions.

comprende?

bob
Old 11-01-2005, 06:16 PM
Banned

here is what you will need http://www.4runners.org/articles/rea...tik/index.html

Quick Reply: anyone use the cobra 75wxst?