Vehicle Audio & Home Entertainment Discussions here pertain to vehicle stereo systems and home entertainment systems

Question on lightning amps / speakers

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on lightning amps / speakers

Is this a good deal?

one never-used Lightning 10", 500 watt speaker in a carpeted enclosure; 450 watt, LP crossover, bass boost, never-used amp with H and L level inputs; and an amp install kit- all for $91.00. I'm not familiar with Lightning products. I already searched the Yotatech forums and read what little info was posted on Lighting products.

Thanks
Old 06-26-2005, 10:30 PM
Banned

LIGHTNING AUDIO is CRAP
Old 06-27-2005, 07:12 AM
Contributing Member

I have three Lightning Audio amps pushing four tens, some sixes, fours and tweets in my GMC Sonoma. They have been there for three years now no problems, ever. Great stuff.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:33 PM
Banned

ok befroe everyone jumps on and says i am wrong.... they suck quite frankly, very cheap construction... they are not expensive for that reason... they might be better than stock, but put them i nthe same category as legacy and pyramid... also garbage brands.... my sony head unit supposedly 45x4 blew a pair that were supposedly capable to 80 watts..... my headunit also blew a pair of kragen audiovox ramapge speakers...... but it took longer to blow those......
Old 06-28-2005, 04:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jimabena74
LIGHTNING AUDIO is CRAP
WRONG!!

Why do people think that Lightning Audio ONLY makes the ˟˟˟˟˟ stocked at walmart???? Hellooooo, they make a hell of a lot more stuff a hell of a lot better than what's at wallyworld!!

They actually make VERY VERY good products, however you CANNOT judge an ENTIRE company by the promotional crap stocked at walmart. By that reasoning MB QUART and Kicker sucks ass too because thier promotional lineup is about the same as LA's... (I sell and install kicker stuff as a job, have been for a while now...)

Unlike most here, I have used their products, from the VC2 through the Storms and they are damn good subs. My team has also extensively used the LA storm 15s in competition VERY successfully - the storms literally laughed at over 4kW going to each and in a walled off teg where we were doing high 150s legal (about 3 years ago at that - Neil Barber was on LA's team and had the storm prototypes so we got to play with them too!!)

However avoid the walmart stuff - that is their bottom of the barrell stuff, however the rest of the stuff I do recommend! But at the same time I tell people not to buy bottom of the line anything, be it FOCAL, MB QUART, KICKER, ZAPCO, MCINTOSH, RF, MTX, etc

Last edited by Bumpin' Yota; 06-28-2005 at 04:25 AM.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by wiseguymmiv
Is this a good deal?

one never-used Lightning 10", 500 watt speaker in a carpeted enclosure; 450 watt, LP crossover, bass boost, never-used amp with H and L level inputs; and an amp install kit- all for $91.00. I'm not familiar with Lightning products. I already searched the Yotatech forums and read what little info was posted on Lighting products.

Thanks
If it's the baseline LA stuff, I'd pass, however find out what model sub and amp they are first....
Old 06-28-2005, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by jimabena74
ok befroe everyone jumps on and says i am wrong.... they suck quite frankly, very cheap construction... they are not expensive for that reason... they might be better than stock, but put them i nthe same category as legacy and pyramid... also garbage brands.... my sony head unit supposedly 45x4 blew a pair that were supposedly capable to 80 watts..... my headunit also blew a pair of kragen audiovox ramapge speakers...... but it took longer to blow those......
So you judge a whole company based on the performance of their LOWEST product and never even try some of the decent stuff? YEAH, THAT'S logical....