Site Feedback Please use this forum to provide feedback, suggestions on the site

What would you like to see in YotaTechs future?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 for the awards thing.. we should all start coming up with achievements to reach..

it would most likely have to be based on a monthly thing, because updating every day, or even every week could turn into a pain unless you had it on an auto system.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CAN i say this--i would like to see an area (Besides the significant others page) of hot chicks slathered all over Toyotas. So maybe there could be a section for that or ?? Or what about pin-up girls and rigs??

Or more technical section--i tried to use the wiki but it didnt seem to work. Like a technical area showing folks the basics of wrenching and running down problems because those are asked all the time.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:57 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
The reason why I did not join YotaTech way back in 2004 when I first found it, is because I thought there was way too much Tech Talk.

I bought my truck to go head out, into the Outback to explore. Call it Overland Exploring if you like. I wanted to find local 4x4 Exploring Enthusiast's that I could head out with and make wonderful memories with!

For me, fixing my truck was secondary and just a means to an end.

I would like to see a good core group of YotaTech members/explorers help get some fun Overland Exploring trips going in their respective areas. Including trip reports with awesome Outback pics!

A good selection of "Local/Area Sections" may help get this going. How can we make it better?

Fun Pics and Trip reports Always help folks get excited about the Outback. Always Add Yours!

And yes I have seen that Corey has a good new section regarding this. So let's all pay attention and get going to the Outback, where all of the fun Really is!

Carry on with your Awesome Outback Selves's.....!

(This is not a slam against YotaTech! And just thinking out loud. This is a wonderful site! Just some idea's to help expand our horizons! That's all.)

Old 06-03-2010, 06:55 AM

i wanna see webisodes of awesome ass rigs bein' built. all kinds of rigs! low budget builds and the kind of projects that make u thnk that kid has more money than sense. kuz ill admit that i wish i could do either a low budget wrench or otherwise. plus it serves as inspiration for my truck if i ever get project car money.....
Old 06-03-2010, 08:51 AM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
There is a build up section here....
Old 07-16-2010, 04:17 AM
Banned

YotaTechs look was very very nice....

I am a spammer

Old 08-01-2010, 04:47 AM
Contributing Member

Would be sweet to browse YT on my phone...dunno how much is involved to make a site for mobile use, either way just a thought
Old 08-01-2010, 05:04 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
'Tis in the works.
It will not be TapaTalk, it will be a new URL for mobile phone users to use.
It is coming soon.
There is a thread in the Announcement section on it.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:42 PM

I browse yotatech on my phone almost everyday at work, it seems to work just fine... on the other hand I would like to see a mobile version as well because I browse on my phone(Droid!!! lol) ALOT and maybe it would be easier.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
We do have a mobile version, it should prompt you, it did on my Droid the other day.

Also there is a new app coming later that is being created by VB, the makers of the forum software.

Look in the Announcement section for the thread on the mobile app that is running here now.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't like that the mobile site doesn't have a "new posts" link. Other than that, it's much easier/quicker to load than the normal site.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:36 PM

Today was the first time I got prompted to the mobile version, its quicker which is nice but I agree with the missing "new posts" and also a user cp button on the home screen
Old 09-03-2010, 08:07 PM

i didnt read all 6 pages of posts. but i was wondering about creating a feature so that when you start a thread, the title that the user makes undergoes a search within YT and then suggests threads/posts to the user before submissions. i think that this would help eliminate MOST of the repeated threading!! instead of flaming the newb all the time that doesnt know about "search"

another idea would be to do something like how autoparts stores find parts for your toy: year/make/model. obviously the make will always be toyota but then drop down to model, motor, year and what not to narrow down your search to a more specific interest; ie: if i wanted to see "build threads" AND "tech" ONLY on my 1985 4runner 22re i could do so by entering the info of my vehicle and then using check boxes (or other form) to filter which posts will show on my search....
kind of confusing, hopefully you get the idea!

also, allow longer time for login/logout. i cant stand trying to post and then timing out and entering name/password over and over.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Your first 2 suggestions are good but the software running the forum isn't built for that so it would be hard to impossible to get it towork that way. As far as log in click the box that says remember me... I haven't had to enter my password in months.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gary_the_4runner

also, allow longer time for login/logout. i cant stand trying to post and then timing out and entering name/password over and over.
I agree, this happens to me alot.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:13 PM

Yeah hit the remember me button. that has never happened to me
Old 01-08-2011, 03:40 AM
YotaTech Milestone-Two Millionth Post

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by alex velly
Hey,
Hang in there. If life can be anything, it's unpredictable. So you never know who you may meet tomorrow, or the next day. 6 years is awhile to go without dating anyone, but my guess would be that the main reason it's been so long is because you haven't been putting yourself out there. If you want to meet someone, you're going to have to get out and mingle. Join a club, or sign up for an evening class, or dancing lessons... heck, put an ad up on an internet dating site and see what happens! If you're ready for a relationship, you need to take the first step in making it happen. good luck!

ya know Alex, you are right.

BAN for you spammer!
Old 02-05-2012, 09:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Register with the tapatalk iPhone app. Makes forum visitation eazier
The following users liked this post:
flartius (01-18-2022)
Old 02-05-2012, 09:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
polls the option to post them
Old 09-10-2015, 09:59 AM

Whaaaaa 2012 was the last post here?! I didn't expect that!

Have you guys ever considered doing like a quarterly magazine? It could be just web based, an e-zine per se, or anything like that? I just thought something like that would be fun, and we have a bunch of tech savvy people here. If you wanted to do that I would be happy to help out, same with any other graphically based things.