The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

Time for the chop... a-la- 4hummer

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 02:30 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup - so you know exactly what I mean... But Usually only 1 or 2 rigs have 35's. believe it or not the kids I roll with have 37's and up!! *zoiks*

But wait if you are rolling with heeps aren't they 6 lug while you are 5???

Last edited by Lysmachia; 08-06-2006 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:31 PM

4runner tailgates are heavy for the simple reason that they have a giant peice of glass in them and they have the motor and mechanism for moving that glass.

honestly, for a spare tire you can easily just carry a plug kit and an inner tube. (assuming you have OBA or a powertank)
Old 08-06-2006, 03:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How about a spare mount that uses the exocage and holds the tire at an angle with part of it in the tailgate "tub" area and the rest of it sticking up? (Think pre-runer spare tire)

Then you would be keeping the weight somewhat low and still have a lot of cargo area, rear visibility would suffer though.

Lamm
Old 08-06-2006, 04:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
dude good thinking that sounds good.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:16 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Napoleon047
honestly, for a spare tire you can easily just carry a plug kit and an inner tube. (assuming you have OBA or a powertank)
That is a good idea.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:21 PM

yay molls!!!! thats gonna be kick butt
Old 08-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by getitdone
That is a good idea.
Ok Chris, I do have 220 here at my lace (talked to maint guys and they love me) They also have a welder too. But I am trying to talk to action Jackson whohas a whole shoop in loveland to do it in. You still up for helping??? My friend Jason and Action have below wholeale access to steel so I am buying diamond plating and the tubing for the exo through them....

I'm gettin' serious about this guys... The CHop is gonna happen. I can;t believe this!
Old 08-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by OFRD_GRL
yay molls!!!! thats gonna be kick butt
Almsot as kick butt as your new runner. Ya know were gonna exo that lady some day (i mean after the high stear and crawler and 35's and......) LOL
Old 08-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Contributing Member

Has anybody measured the difference between 1rst gen and second gen 4runners to see if its possible to graft the fiberglass top from a first gen to a 2nd? That would be awesome. Just a thought....
Old 08-06-2006, 11:22 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4runnermt
Has anybody measured the difference between 1rst gen and second gen 4runners to see if its possible to graft the fiberglass top from a first gen to a 2nd? That would be awesome. Just a thought....
That would be nice if I wasn't gopnna do breadbasket on upper helderado. Gotta have that rear part clear because any SUV (NON TRUCK that has gone through there that I have seen) exo'd or not has broken that rear quarterpanel glass... and my ultimate goal is to run upper helderado maybe this moab trip in october...
Old 08-07-2006, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Lysmachia
You really thimk the bob is essential? I mean I have such a nice custom bumper, though when I bob/chop I am getting the exo done too so it won;t be that hard to change it. It's just that I like all that rear cargo room. I want to mount my 35' spare standing up and won't have room to do that (or lay it down) if I bob it. Plus I do cary a lot of spare stuff. (Axles, drivelines, birfs, hubs, blah blah blah). I will get rid of the 2nd gen tailgate because that thing is like 500 pounds and replace it with a taco (non window) tailgate.

4 Hummer did you canvas the back or what? I've got two months to do this before the MOAB TTORA takeover in October. This looks to be a reality as I am owed a bunch of overtime back pay...

SO Uh who in c-rado is available? What about the last weekend in August OR the 1st weekend after labor day?

Choppity Chop Chop!
Here is an option that will accomplish weight reduction, room enhancement so a spare in the back will not be as burdensome.
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...ad.php?t=42013
Old 08-14-2006, 02:32 PM

you tease... gets to choppin
Old 08-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Contributing Member

As I mentioned on TTORA, I just found out my job isn;t as safe as it should be, Project on hold till I can secure I am safe. While I will have the $$ to do this I can't risk chopping and spending about $1k when I could lose my Job in the next month....

Just lettin' you guys know
Old 08-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Banned

Hope you get stable soon, I want more info on this, Mine is cracking or has 2 2.5" cracks going up the top on both sides of the rearwing, I think this was from my safari rack before I got rid of it, I wish I had it back though.

I like 4Hummers job and would like to do that.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:59 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ^VooDoo^
Hope you get stable soon, I want more info on this, Mine is cracking or has 2 2.5" cracks going up the top on both sides of the rearwing, I think this was from my safari rack before I got rid of it, I wish I had it back though.

I like 4Hummers job and would like to do that.
I'm a working on it.... I hope to know in the next two weeks. GeoEye 1 launches in spring 2007 - everyone holds their breath as all our eggs are in one basket. (Satellites have a 30% chance of going into the drink) Well That and my boss is a B**** Godesss from Hell!

So till I work this job thing out the chop is on hold. Gotta be smart. But I think it will work out cuz If GeoEye farks up then Digital Globe will be beside themselves to take me.... *grin*

I should know in the next two weeks. Not to be a tease (really) but I gotta be finacilly stable ya know???

L, Mols Thanks guys!
Old 08-16-2006, 01:54 AM
Contributing Member

Molly, if you know what you want done, i'm still willing to help with or without your crazy job ...chop, cut, saw, and grind. It'd be fun.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:16 PM
Contributing Member

Awe thanks rocket. I hope to know in the next 2 weeks. This issue is boiling up to the execs becase my boss is so ICY (in a sales position??) that we are losing customers so it's not just the two of us butting heads. still I will stand up for decendy and my self esteem and any job that crrodes that is not worth having... so we'll seee

Oh and Rocket - glad to see yu are "FREE" I've done 140 in my Z3 but on aa staraghtaway after kremling where no one is... but now that I've read your ruckus, no more of that for me :-)
Old 08-24-2006, 07:28 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by rocket
Molly, if you know what you want done, i'm still willing to help with or without your crazy job ...chop, cut, saw, and grind. It'd be fun.
rOCKET LETS DO IT. i WAS FIRED ON MONDAY FOR STANFING UP TO MY BOSS, (Whistleblower) i HABE 2 WEKS SEVE3RANCE AND Am wirking on a new jov. i leabe the 32swt to move tc out to colorado byt he 5th. What's your shcedule. Iaheva about 300 bones to spend on the chop... After I get a new jon and I am enotonally stable i AM GONNA SUE THE ลลลล OUTTSA THAT COMPANY... AND THAT SHOULD PAY FOR THE REST (sorry about the caps)
Old 08-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Contributing Member

What are you, or something?

Seriously, I would understand if you were/are because I read your thread about your B*%# of a boss.

I guess I should ... so I'm looking forward to the chop!
Old 08-24-2006, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lysmachia
rOCKET LETS DO IT. i WAS FIRED ON MONDAY FOR STANFING UP TO MY BOSS, (Whistleblower) i HABE 2 WEKS SEVE3RANCE AND Am wirking on a new jov. i leabe the 32swt to move tc out to colorado byt he 5th. What's your shcedule. Iaheva about 300 bones to spend on the chop... After I get a new jon and I am enotonally stable i AM GONNA SUE THE ลลลล OUTTSA THAT COMPANY... AND THAT SHOULD PAY FOR THE REST (sorry about the caps)

Lamm

Quick Reply: Time for the chop... a-la- 4hummer