The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

1992 22re flat bed buildggle

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 08:07 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
480 lbs? Wow so half the normal carrying capacity went to the bed.. nice job on it.
I have had firestone air bags on my old dodge 2500 megacab and a Tahoe, they were great on both trucks, made towing/carrying a load much better.
I think they are available for older Toyotas
http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index....771BoCld3w_wcB
Old 04-06-2017, 04:49 AM
Wyo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dropzone
480 lbs? Wow so half the normal carrying capacity went to the bed.. nice job on it.
I have had firestone air bags on my old dodge 2500 megacab and a Tahoe, they were great on both trucks, made towing/carrying a load much better.
I think they are available for older Toyotas
http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index....771BoCld3w_wcB
I believe the bed wait for a 92 Toyota pick up was originally about a 200 pounds, so it's actually like having 280 pounds in the original bed. Driving around I notice a lot more traction, and I don't notice the extra weight too much.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:26 PM
Wyo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by flg8r22
Also, with the side frame mount it distributed the weight across a larger section of frame rather than being pinned to the bottom which could cause stress to the small contact point there
Did those take the place of the original, Rubber bumper stops? I can't tell if the top bracket replaces, or is beside the "bumper stop bracket"
Did you have to remove these, to mount your airbags?