Notices
Vendor Group Buys Vendor's, PLEASE use this section to advertise your group buys

3vze Intake Pipe ISR Mod

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 04:20 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Their is one hose that connects to the silencer which you will relocate onto the pipe. Other than that it serves no purpose except to silence the intake.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alright cool.

is there anyway you can tell me if you got my payment via paypal?
Old 01-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Contributing Member

yes, I recieved your paypal payment.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:20 PM

Thats good news. Can't wait to install it, once I get it on, let me know if you need any quotes for your site, or a review or what not.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Lebniis
Thats good news. Can't wait to install it, once I get it on, let me know if you need any quotes for your site, or a review or what not.
Reviews on my products are always welcome. I am currently in the works on a 3.4L and a 2.7L intake as well.

Some other updated news. I have gotten with Jason Burtman(burtmanindustries.com) and I am glad to say that the pipes will be coming with a much better quality coupling then the one shown in the picture. This will delay the shipment on the current orders for about a week until the new couplings arrive. If that is a problem please PM me and let me know.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:40 PM

Cool

He was referring to make the pipe. AFM= Air Fuel Meter. The adapter he is referring to will allow you to use a cone style filter onto it...
No. What I was talking about was to couple the AFM closer to the throttlebody. Via silicon couplers, and a short piece of pipe. Instead of being a foot+ away, make it 4" away.

Looks like a mandrel bent 45* angle pipe with two brass hose barbs JB welded, or brazed from the inside (Doesn't really matter either way), with Lowes/Home Depot rubber couplers on the end of it. (American General type stuff). What did he coat it the pipe with? What is that guy making it out of? Describe the construction.

It looks good. Any dynos? Even a few gtech pro runs using firmware 2.0+ would be great. better than nothing.

Last edited by Toysrme; 01-11-2006 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Toysrme
No. What I said was couple the AFM closer to the throttlebody. Via silicon couplers, and a short piece of pipe. Instead of being a foot+ away, make it 4" away.
Interesteing concept. I may give it a try sometime.

Originally Posted by Toysrme
Looks like a mandrel bent 45* angle pipe with two brass hose barbs JB welded, or brazed from the inside (Doesn't really matter either way), with Lowes/Home Depot couplers on the end of it.

What did he coat it with? What is that guy making it out of? Describe the construction.
Yes, it is a mandrel 45* with a 4" centerline radius. Two brass hose barbs but they are not jb welded nor brazed. Held in with grommets (as mentioned in an earlier post) which is also making it airtight. The couplers I was getting them from a supplier.. not sure where he was getting them from but they were silicone. However those are not the couplers I am using anymore.(also stated in another a previous post) I am now using aem transition couplers that are 2.75" X 3" x 3" Long.

The coating is enamel. It was either paint them flat black or leave them unfinished and they look a lot better painted flat black. The piping is Aluminum.

Last edited by cootees; 01-11-2006 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:32 PM

Good job on this replacement mod/fix. I just ordered! Looks great! can't wait to install!

Thanks Cootees
Old 01-12-2006, 08:06 AM

Cool

Ya, I like painted black, or painted silver. Looks good!
Old 01-13-2006, 11:38 AM
Contributing Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Just ordered mine, looking forward to getting it.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Well, I have wanted one for a very loooooooong time, but as quite a few know here, my 3.0 engine is running on five plugs right now.

I am getting it rediagnosed again at a local shop to see how much to fix.
If to much, I am going for a 3.4 in a new rig

I will then be in the market for the 3.4 one.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:09 AM

Cool

You know you can buy a cheap powdercoating kit for less than $100. That pipe would easily fit in a standard oven on a throw away cookie sheet.
It'll be a lot mroe durable than high-temp paint 2. If you sold just a few pipes, you could pay for it outright.

Just a thought.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:43 PM
Contributing Member

Excellent point! You could charge extra for powdercoating and still sell the normal one for cheap people like me-I like it the way it is actually. Everything under my hood tends to get muddy all the time so there's no point in trying to make it look nice.
Another option for buyers is that they could do their own powdercoating. This is a good choice when they want to powdercoat more than one item the same color.

Just my .02

BTW Cootees- I plugged your item a few times on 4x4wire. I hope you don't mind. In fact, quite a few people were interested and I was just replying in someone's thread about it. You may want to consider bringing your idea there as well. Just a thought.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:28 AM
Contributing Member

Excellent idea about the powdercoating. I have it in the works. Callmej75 used to do powdercoating profesionally and is going into business for himself so before too long I will be able to offer it in a wide range of colors, powdercoated.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:56 PM

When will these babies ship? Thanks
Old 01-20-2006, 07:09 PM
Contributing Member

I just recieved the couplers in today. Some were shipped out today and the rest will be shipped out on monday. Everyone in the U.S. that ordered should have them by friday at the latest. Thanks for the patience with me on getting the new couplers in(you won't be dissapointed with them).

On another note. Today was the last day of the group buy so the price is back up to $75 shipped.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by cootees
I just recieved the couplers in today. Some were shipped out today and the rest will be shipped out on monday. Everyone in the U.S. that ordered should have them by friday at the latest. Thanks for the patience with me on getting the new couplers in(you won't be dissapointed with them).

On another note. Today was the last day of the group buy so the price is back up to $75 shipped.

YAY! I hope mine was in the batch that went out, I am really excited to get it.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
me too. i'll do a full write up when i install it.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by cootees

ok Great News!
Old 01-27-2006, 07:52 AM

Can you tell me if mine shipped?

Quick Reply: 3vze Intake Pipe ISR Mod