Post Your Tests Here Use this sectin for testing your signature files, and for testing pictures/avatars

82 pickup 22r no spark / spark sometimes

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 82 pickup 22r no spark / spark sometimes

Hey guys i have an 1982 pickup 4x4 that only gets spark sometimes. the truck ran 5 years ago then it sat till i bought it

i know for sure My coil and dis.good. i replaced spark plugs and wires, pickup coil, and rotor, new battery/ starter, and all fluids. no blown fuses.i got it to start for about 3 seconds then the next day it didn't want to turn over i beat the (3 month old) starter and it turned over but no spark. i replaced the starter 3 months ago (truck still hasn't ran long then 5 seconds so i don't think it's bad) maybe there's a short / bad connections but i can't find anything. Maybe i burned out the solenoid on the starter. but now it only get spark 1/5 times i try to start it up.

i need help i've been stuck on this problem for 3 months took it to a shop they told me they couldn't find the problem. Anyone have any suggestions?

and also could a battery starter cause no spark? and how about battery wires being exposed at the end before the terminals? none of fuses look to be blown should i just replace them to be safe?

Last edited by 1982 Yota; 02-06-2017 at 08:43 PM.