Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

WabFab Offroad Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WabFab Offroad Review

Just thought I would post up an experience ordering from WabFab.

Decided to go with the Wabbit since I have gleaned more than my fair share's worth of information from him on this site in the time I have been here. Ordered up an SAS kit from him. Immediately received an email saying the order was placed and pending. Nine days after that the order was confirmed and six days later it was shipped for a total of about 15 days, should be here in 3 days (for a grand total of 18 days for those mathematically challenged types).

Why the long wait? Well after a few emails/calls I got in contact with Brian and found out he was waiting on shocks before he could ship out the IFS Eliminator Kits.

"Ah me says, in that case i have time to fix the rest of my truck... (if you own a 2nd gen 4runner and aren't constantly fixing something, you are lying )

Am I satisfied with WabFab? Very. The parts are on there way and in a generally timely fashion. Will I order from him again? Yes (Those damn sales are always so tempting).

Some observations I would make about the Wabs, things to know before ordering.

1) The ship times on his website aren't accurate, at least in my experience. CALL AND TALK TO A HUMAN BEING BEFORE YOU ORDER. Or just read his ordering policies, they will tell you to do the same thing (I know, weird right?). 3rd party vendors are at the mercy of their parent suppliers. And this isn't Wab specific, it ranges across the 4x4 parts company spectrum, they seem to generally be sluggish in getting product out the door (so don't expect Amazon Prime shipping speeds)

2) Email him. I had much better communication success with via email, and he was very forward about why the order was taking longer than expected.

Critiques:

If I were to change something about the Wab experience it would be accurate (or as accurate as possible, which is probably not the easiest thing to do) ship times on the product info page, OR have a direct link to shipping specific policies very visible and right next to the estimated ship times. It would probably cut down on some of the nasty reviews floating around with pissed off people having to wait much longer than expected for the stuff. I would imagine that people didn't realize you had a policy page until they were already angry 2 weeks down the road and by than it's too late.

All in all? Another satisfied WabFab customer and will be ordering from him again. His prices are competitive the free UPS Ground shipping is an epic deal maker for larger orders, plus the amount of good technical information he has supplied for this website for free makes it an easy decision for me to make.

Overall: 4/5 stars

Thanks Wab!:wabbit2:
Old 07-01-2013, 04:15 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Well...good for you.

All I want to know is...why is that stupid welding rabbit smilie still around. Like he needs his own smilie. We should kill that one, and the stupid Jessica Rabbit smilie he forced on us too. AS IF there's so many WabFab related threads/posts that it's in any way justified that either should exist on this site. Just dumb...that's all they are...all they ever were. Kinda like you-know-who...
Old 07-01-2013, 05:04 PM

What's w/ the hostility?

Last edited by noble; 07-04-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Contributing Member

Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts
I got my IFS ELIMINATOR kit within 5 days.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:53 PM

Maybe I just got lucky and ordered one at the wrong time of the month... It happened last November with Marlin Crawler also on a rebuilt IFS differential, was quoted 12 days to my door and 5 weeks later it showed up. So when you have that as a baseline how can I complain w/ this being under 3 weeks... especially if it is a one time shipping/processing mishap. I'd order from Wab again, despite the vitriol from MudHippy, especially since the positive outnumber the negative reviews about 7 to 1 around these here interwebs.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:55 PM

Plus I'm just happy that the SAS can continue now... Once the MC gussets went on there were only so many parts to wire wheel/paint/sand on that axle... At least it looks good!!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:14 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
There's been a lot going on with wabfab the last 12 months. A simple search should bring up more than enough reading material. I would hold off on any more accolades until you have all the parts in hand. Then, make a post...because right now I see you doing nothing more than putting the cart before the horse...or grandstanding.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:31 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Originally Posted by noble
iI'd order from Wab again, despite the vitriol from MudHippy, especially since the positive outnumber the negative reviews about 7 to 1 around these here interwebs.
Is that number based on the last few years or based on the last 18 months? Google his BBB rating.
I dumped a ton of cash with WF...never again.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:10 PM

There's a couple of both pros and cons in the last 18 months... Both here and on pirate... and as far as the BBB goes Marlin Crawler has a D and Trail Gear an F. Both reputable companies I also do business with.

Last edited by noble; 07-05-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I did bidness with WabFab last January, overall was satisfied with the OME lift kit I ordered (Toytec). I've seen/heard extremes both ways, I'll not be the judge based on one experience alone, but there's my dos centavos. Email traffic was the method of back and forth concerning the order and I was pleased overall.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:30 PM

Parts arrived as ordered and in good condition on July 5th, 13 business days (19 total days) after order was placed... Like I said, slow to ship but good communication and the shipping being free made up for it, at least for myself.