Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Trail-Gear

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have made a few orders from trail gear them selves and then I found wab-fab.org and order everything through Brian now. Trail gear has been great to work with and has great customer service and know how to keep a customer happy. They have taken care of me with any issues that I have had.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
order from brian or LOWRANGEOFFROAD.com they have tg stuff cheaper than tg's website
Old 07-22-2011, 09:02 AM

Don't know about TG down in the states but, I ordered my rock-sliders from TG in British Columbia, they were nothing but helpful, excellent price even with shipping and I got them in 5 days, that's one of the country to the other! Still have to put their decal on my truck though.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:56 PM

I ordered front and rear spring hangers a week ago from Trail gear. Got a 12" box 3 business days later (not bad!), seemed a little small for a front spring hanger, but I thought maybe they sent the parts separately. Nope, they forgot to send it, remembered to charge me for it though. Anyway, I called up TG and the rep acknowledged that they had made a mistake, no BS story to shift blame, that's refreshing! He had the spring hanger overnighted to me and included a bunch of stickers. Every company is bound to screw up once in a while, but when they own it and try to make it right I'll let it slide. Next time I'll order through Wabbit though!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:56 AM

I have ordered thousands of dollars in parts from trail-gear and will continue doing buisness with them. I always order from Scotty at addicted offroad and have great luck with him his prices are always lower and if u have any problems he handles everything and is super knowledgable. Their products are the right price and hold up great. I have built two rigs using their parts my truck and my dads and were yet to see any real problems with them. Just my .02
Old 07-28-2011, 11:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
just a heads up to trail gear guys, you can order their stuff from low range offroad for cheaper than tg's site
Old 05-14-2012, 11:19 AM

Trail Gear rear bumper - not a 2" receiver!

So I have my new rear Trail Gear Rock Defense bumper painted, installed (requires removal of the tailgate), and it's looking sweet.

Ruh-roh, none of my 2" receiver toys fit?
http://www.trail-gear.com/bumpers

I can get one of my trailer hitch mounts (Reese) to go in a couple inches if I beat it in with an 8# hammer, but none of the others will even start. NOTE: This was just to prove a point, I won't be towing with this bumper.

Trail Gear tells me it's a "safety thing" so I don't tow and they sell a receiver which does fit for my shackle.

Uh, what about my NoMar motorcycle tire changer (tried), my step (tried), my shackle-receiver (tried), etc, etc.
http://www.nomartirechanger.com/products/2
I haven't tried my hitch-haul yet: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hitch-Haul...-Bars/16778176

In the Toyota Rear Bumper section, it doesn't mention the receiver at all. However, now, in retrospect, I find this little nugget in the general summary:
Bumper also features a shackle receiver that will make a great anchor point for winch or strap recoveries.
I guess I'm supposed to key off the words "shackle receiver" to mean "only Trail Gear shackle receivers"?

I've asked them to add the very critical detail that their receiver is smaller than standard 2" and many aftermarket 2" receiver-based accessories may not fit to their web site everywhere they have red text that the bumper is not to be used for towing.

I really dislike dealing with companies which try to slide by on marketing BS like this, so hope to see Trail Gear do the right thing.

Watch this space for any update...

Last edited by edeslaur; 05-14-2012 at 11:36 AM.