Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

ThePartsYouNeed.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThePartsYouNeed.com

Hi all. FYI, I ordered a keyless entry remote from ThePartsYouNeed.com on 2/9. Despite numerous emails and phone calls to them with no response, I had to contact Visa to dispute the charge. I just wanted everyone to be aware.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:33 AM

gotta post this in the Vender feedback forum for better results...
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f39/
Old 03-09-2006, 11:56 AM

Did you have a spamblocker on your email? I had an email update when I ordered, when payment was cleared, when they shipped, and an email after it was delivered. Did you get any emails from them?
Old 03-13-2006, 08:48 AM

Exclamation Not an isolated incident...

Originally Posted by 93Miata
Did you have a spamblocker on your email? I had an email update when I ordered, when payment was cleared, when they shipped, and an email after it was delivered. Did you get any emails from them?
Yeah- they emailed me and gave me a confirmation number. I looked up the number on USPS.com, which stated they "received notification to expect shipment". That did not confirm that USPS actually got the item to ship. I emailed ThePartsYouNeed.com after three weeks to see where my package was and they never would reply. I called and emailed about a dozen times, even a few to tell them I'd cancel payment on my Visa Card- no response.
It's funny because they send out emails every four or five days asking if you need to order anything. One of them accidentally had, what seemed like, hundreds of email addresses listed. We all started emailing each other and the company discussing how they took payment but, didn't send the package. If mine was an isolated incident it would be one thing. I was surprised at how many people they had shafted.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by forcleanh2o
Yeah- they emailed me and gave me a confirmation number. I looked up the number on USPS.com, which stated they "received notification to expect shipment"...
Not to stick up for them, but to define what that really means...

That tag will happen when the shipper uses USPS.com to generate a label for the item to be shipped and potentially schedule a pickup. PayPal (and a couple of other electronic postage sites) also has a frontend for printing labels and scheduling pickups.

The date that's associated with the message will be the date that the label was created. The information will shift to "item was received..." once the USPS scans the barcode on the label.

I hope you get your stuff...
Old 03-13-2006, 11:28 AM

I figured that was the case. A lot of companies will print a label in-house, then ship. That's why I waited to see updates on the USPS.com website. When I didn't see/hear anything after three weeks I tried contacting the company...so the story goes.

I have since been credited by VISA and notified the Better Business Bureau. I just wanted to let everyone be forewarned.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:26 PM

"ForCleanH2O"...

You were never "stiffed". Your order was indeed misrouted, as the current status on USPS.com does show an update where the package was processed through Denver:

Label/Receipt Number: 9101 1480 0860 0087 7824 66

Your item was processed and left our DENVER, CO 80217 facility on March 14, 2006. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

This is the same original shipment:

Item: 7410
Print Date & Time: 02/13/2006 10:19 AM
Ship Date: 02/13/2006
Account: 518984
Device ID: 071V00518984

Address: John W. XXXX
PO Box XXXXX
XXXXXXXX, NC XXXXX-XXXX

Piece Count: 6904
Postage Class: First Class
Weight: 2 oz
Delivery Confirm: 9101148008600087782466
Old 03-17-2006, 02:16 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I usually do not get involved in threads like this, but I see the vendor joined in.

Just a word to vendors.
If you want to protect your reputation, companies should respond to phone calls or emails.

I know if I had bought something from you and I did not receive it, and I had tried to contact you and received zero contact, I would be posting in here also to let the "Internet community" know.

It helps to stay in contact with your customers.
Thousands upon thousands read YotaTech, and Google and other search engines archive these very words here.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:28 AM

The date that's associated with the message will be the date that the label was created. The information will shift to "item was received..." once the USPS scans the barcode on the label.
USPS - REFUSES - to scan labels in for "acceptance" on large volume shipments.

According to postmasters in AZ, IL, & MN - USPS is only supposed to scan the package if you purchase THEIR green Delivery Confirmation sticker label at the counter when you purchase postage for the package at that time.

Out of over 10k shipments through USPS - less than 10 ever received a scan at a stop along the way, as with this shipment in question.

The rest of the shipments receive only ONE update, which is delivery:

Label/Receipt Number: 9101 1480 0860 0095 1352 23
Detailed Results:

Delivered, March 13, 2006, 3:19 pm, FALLBROOK, CA 92028
Electronic Shipping Info Received *, March 10, 2006

This is in fact, why all "your item has been shipped" emails from our site state:

PLEASE NOTE: our package will show the same status until it is scanned at it's destination, which is the shipping address you have provided with payment USPS does not perform acceptance scans on bulk mailings or non-USPS counter purchased labels. Entering the number above prior to delivery will only show:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on (SHIPPING DATE) to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

We can both track the package's delivery through USPS.com.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:10 AM

Exclamation "stiffed" still stands

Thanks Administration!!! I'm glad to know that while I've had poor service from the company, I do have the support of both the users and administration of this site. Like you stated Corey, I wanted folks to be aware of what has taken place. I'm not the only one (per other customers on the company's email list).

The undisputable facts are: I ordered, I was billed, I never received the product, I inquired numerous times, I was ignored.
It's that simple.

The only reason I ever got a response from them was because they sent out an email asking if I "still needed a remote". They left the lengthy address list visible ! Many of us on the list "replied to all" asking where our items were. Those emails also went to the company. We all realized that this was not an isolated incident .

It took the company more time to find this site, establish usership, and post than it would have taken them to have replied to my original inquiries. It's a little late to try to save face.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:18 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ThePartsYouNeed
"ForCleanH2O"...

You were never "stiffed". Your order was indeed misrouted, as the current status on USPS.com does show an update where the package was processed through Denver:

Label/Receipt Number: 9101 1480 0860 0087 7824 66

Your item was processed and left our DENVER, CO 80217 facility on March 14, 2006. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

This is the same original shipment:

Item: 7410
Print Date & Time: 02/13/2006 10:19 AM
Ship Date: 02/13/2006
Account: 518984
Device ID: 071V00518984

Address: John W. XXXX
PO Box XXXXX
XXXXXXXX, NC XXXXX-XXXX

Piece Count: 6904
Postage Class: First Class
Weight: 2 oz
Delivery Confirm: 9101148008600087782466
that should be for you. you shipped an order in Feb that was lost. your customer tried to contact you over the order and you ignored them. posting here and sending another one over a MONTH later isn't good customer service, it's a feeble attempt at covering your ass and trying to save face. the only thing you could do to correct that would be to discipline the people in your company who ignored this and other customers and then give those customers the orders they requested for free - i.e. a full refund. that would be a start.

Last edited by bamachem; 03-17-2006 at 06:19 AM.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by bamachem
that should be for you. you shipped an order in Feb that was lost. your customer tried to contact you over the order and you ignored them. posting here and sending another one over a MONTH later isn't good customer service, it's a feeble attempt at covering your ass and trying to save face. the only thing you could do to correct that would be to discipline the people in your company who ignored this and other customers and then give those customers the orders they requested for free - i.e. a full refund. that would be a start.

Amen, my brother Bamachem!

ThePartsYouNeed.com-

You know you screwed up and everyone here knows you screwed up.

Look...things happen. Ignoring customers and then trying to cover it up is the wrong way to handle it. Insulting this communities' intelligence is just icing on the cake.

I just checked the package number. USPS shows it was delivered this morning. I already disputed this charge with Visa back on Feb 24th when I didn't get anywhere with your "company". They agreed and refunded the charge weeks ago. Who's paying for the "new" package, because it sure isn't me!

Last edited by forcleanh2o; 03-17-2006 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:36 PM

Bamachem,

I apologize for any confusion - however, there is no 2nd shipment.

The package received is the original order, which was shipped 2/13, and now shows confirmed delivery through USPS.

There is no insulting of anyone's intelligence here, nor was anything meant to come off that way.

The order DOES show delivered through USPS.

The order requires payment as you have received the product.

If you are not going to pay for the item, you must not open the package, and mark the package as RETURN TO SENDER and place it back in the mail.

If you have opened the package, you have accepted delivery of the item, and it needs to be repackaged and reshipped to us.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by ThePartsYouNeed
Bamachem,

The order DOES show delivered through USPS.

The order requires payment as you have received the product.

If you are not going to pay for the item, you must not open the package, and mark the package as RETURN TO SENDER and place it back in the mail.

If you have opened the package, you have accepted delivery of the item, and it needs to be repackaged and reshipped to us.
My apologies to all who are following this thread, as I know it sounds like a broken record. It looks like this is the only way the company will discuss the matter with me...

ThePartsYouNeed-
So which is it? Delivery by USPS is "accepted" or is opening the package "accepted"?

Also- you have never addressed why you ignored your customers' inquiries on their orders. Please enlighten us! In my instance, I waited the 21 days for the package before contacting you (as you request on your website). It was then that I attempted to contact you regarding the status. After not hearing anything from you I had to dispute the charge with Visa (who happily agreed to refund). That original charge is the only charge I have authorized. Any other charge(s) is(are) not.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:01 PM

Hi all, here's their response:

"
xxxx,

We have not charged you for anything but the original payment which you have disputed.

If you wish to keep the merchandise, you must notify us with permission to re-bill you for the total due.

If you no longer want the merchandise, please return to:

The Parts You Need
ATTN: xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx

Cottonwood, AZ 86326

Thank you.
"

The private message I received today from the company!

Last edited by forcleanh2o; 03-20-2006 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:08 PM

Please explain how this is worthy of "laughing smileys".

We have not received a response from you - you have the merchandise, which is not paid for. Payment is due, or the items must be returned.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Contributing Member

If I may chip in my own two cents here...

In my opinion, I believe that the vendor has made a big mistake in A) not shipping the item for a long time and B) not responding to e-mails as well. The group e-mail from the vendor asking "if you still need a remote" is weird as well. It is true that USPS doesn't track/scan items like UPS does, but if there is delivery confirmation on an item it will show WHICH IN THIS CASE IT DID.

So basically, no matter how much the vendor did wrong, THE ITEM WAS DELIVERED. Late nevertheless but it was.

Now, what I observe is that forcleanh2o has an item he has not paid for (desputed previous payment), USPS doesn't lie like this guys. So forcleanh2o, fess up. This forum has been behind you and dishing dirt to vendor and now it's your time to either pay up or return the item. Posting personal e-mails and "laughing" at it is very childish especially because the e-mail was valid and truthful.

So what's it gonna be?

Last edited by marko3xl3; 03-22-2006 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by marko3xl3
So basically, no matter how much the vendor did wrong, THE ITEM WAS DELIVERED. Late nevertheless but it was.

Now, what I observe is that forcleanh2o has an item he has not paid for (desputed previous payment), USPS doesn't lie like this guys. So forcleanh2o, fess up. This forum has been behind you and dishing dirt to vendor and now it's your time to either pay up or return the item.
Seconded.

It might also be noted that posting private email without both party's consent is a federal crime.

I've mediated these types of situations many times. Mud slinging won't get anyone anywhere.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:45 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
even i'll have to agree, mark. posting private communications is a

no matter how late you receive something, you still received it. either send it back or work out a discounted payment for your frustrations and delay with the seller and you keep it. either way, the seller owes you an apology (which i haven't seen yet) along with a discount if you decide to keep the remote. if you keep it, then you owe the seller what he righfully deserves and what you both agree to as "fair".
Old 03-22-2006, 04:53 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by bamachem
even i'll have to agree, mark. posting private communications is a

no matter how late you receive something, you still received it. either send it back or work out a discounted payment for your frustrations and delay with the seller and you keep it. either way, the seller owes you an apology (which i haven't seen yet) along with a discount if you decide to keep the remote. if you keep it, then you owe the seller what he righfully deserves and what you both agree to as "fair".

And until then, you should work it out amongst yourselves and stop posting private messages in this thread. Once you reach a resolution, come back and update us.