Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Motorworks

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Motorworks

Hopefully none of you will have the same experience I've had with a company called Motorworks in Westbury NY - www.enginereplacement.com.

In August I ordered a Nissan VG30 (V6) Engine from Motorworks. In September I installed the engine in a friend's 1995 Nissan Pathfinder. After the engine was installed I filled it with oil and cranked the engine with the coil wire disconnected until the oil pressure light had been out for several seconds. I also filled the oil filter with oil before I installed it. After start up, we soon discovered the engine was leaking oil and was making some knocking sounds.

I called motorworks to explain the problem to the person who sold me the engine. He stated that their warranty did not cover oil leaks, which is understandable. In regard to the engine knock, he told me to have the engine inspected my a certified mechanic, since I was only a "shadetree" mechanic.

So my friend made an appointment with a reputable certified mechanic. In mid-October he took it took their shop. The mechanic inspects the engine and says that it is damaged due to insufficient oil. At this point the engine has been run less than an hour by my friend, who has made sure it was full of oil. The mechanic also stated in his document that the vehicle arrived at the shop full of oil.

Since Motorworks has a six month warranty we figured they would replace it for us. So we called Motorworks back. We also faxed a document from the certified local mechanic. So far they have refuses to replace the engine.

Instead they claim we damaged the motor and therefore won't replace it. They also stated they had no memory of our previous call.

Anyway I just wanted to share my experience with this company. Do any of you have advice about what I should do next??
Old 11-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Contributing Member

I doubt this will be read since the original post deals with a Nissan (gasp!) product.

Call the Better Business Bureau and report the transaction. Then, contact an attorney for advice. You may have to take them to small claims court. If you do, be sure you have the receipt for the engine, receipt from the mechanic and any other pertinent info on the transaction. A warranty statement would be VERY helpful to your case.

Hope that helps and good luck!
Old 11-03-2004, 02:34 PM
Contributing Member

Agreed. Start a paper trail and be sure to dig up anything that will assist you in court. Bum deal man, hope it works out for you.