Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Atlas Foreign Used Auto Parts in Pasadena, TX

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 05:32 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Atlas Foreign Used Auto Parts in Pasadena, TX

When I first got my drive shaft there I dealt with a younger guy by the name of Fabian. He was somewhat helpful, but definitely willing to work with me. All the Hispanics there, which are all but one, seemed eager to screw me over but Fabian was moderately respectable with a high price. I was desperate and we all know what that leads to. Well, the drive shaft was out of balance as the slip yoke was removed and reinstalled without marking it. I brought that to their attention and they said they had some at another location that was still on the truck. I went there and they had none. I went back to Atlas and the said they still had one on the truck so I checked it out, but it was rusted together and in fact was sitting inside the vehicle, not "on the truck" meaning installed. Well, they claim they will find you any part you need, so I planned on speaking with Fabian about getting this part from somewhere else. I went up there and a fat ass white man (the only gringo in the place) told me he had been selling drive shafts for 20 years and has never heard of the drive shaft being out of balance due to the slip yoke being out of phase. He then proceeded to tell me that on chevy's (mind you this is a foreign auto yard) the slip yoke should either screw or lock in place. That is when I figured out I was dealing with the biggest idiot in the business. I asked how we can handle the return then (they have a 30 day money back guarantee) and he said he would only issue me store credit due to the part not failing. So I asked him if I'm going to have to, "bend over and take this up the ass with no vaseline?" He replied simply, "Yes." If I had not had my 7 year old son with me I would have been in jail now.

They have lots of 4Runners there, but please, lets not give them any business, there are plenty other yards out there with 4Runners and Tacomas.