Notices
Vendor Advertising Vendor's, use this area to alert members to your OEM & Aftermarket Toyota parts
Old 03-29-2016, 01:00 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:
Browse all: Toyota 4Runner Specifications & General Maintenance

Print Wikipost

The most complete 3rd Gen 4Runner lift kit ever offered: Featuring Tundra TRD coils

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 05:18 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's 1" to 1'5" higher in the rear. It you want to see what your truck would look like use a floor jack and jack the rear up 1" to 1.5". I don't have any driveway pics, but I do have lots of trail shots.

Old 05-25-2006, 07:58 PM
Contributing Member

No. They are 315/75/16.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:35 AM
Contributing Member

Awesome work Steve! Glad to see you're making it easier for people to get the right stuff the first time!

This is the ONLY way I would go about lifting a 3rd gen, it is the most solid, stable and capable configuration.

Fink
Old 05-26-2006, 03:34 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
now he just needs to offer a tundra big brake kit to go with it!
Old 05-26-2006, 05:02 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by spaugh
so running 315's with this lift kit is no problem? Rubbing etc is not an issue? I realize regearing might be necessary, but physically, the 35 inch tires will be ok? That would be really nice although I wonder if this is pushing the limits of the IFS??? anyhow, thanks for providing info in such a timely manner, I plan to build up the runner this summer for use when the temps cool down in fall.
315's fit, shade tree mechanic triming required. Nothing hard to do. You have to run 3.5" back spaced rims.

You will have to re-gear.

Pushing the limits of IFS? Probably not as 95% of all breakage is due to the cage getting ripped out from too much droop. That is breakage from stupidity, not a weak drivetrain. Cryo Treat your CV shafts.

This is a nice, simple, solid complete lift it. If you really want to open it up, use the Rubicon Express Joint Links.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:23 AM
Contributing Member

All orders placed after 6-1-2006 will include the Tokico Trek > Master R/T front shock, the Tokico Tacoma Double Cab TRD Blue shock will no longer be used.

This is purely a "cost" issue, If I can get the same or equivalent shock that is made by the exact same company aftermarket, that is what we are going to do. As you cut out the TRD/Toyota markup.

Instead of a price increase, as these Toyota parts do continually go up in cost over time, I have switched to the aftermarket Tokico Trek > Master R/T shock. Not the one sold through TRD & Toyota. I have a set of each here and there will be no issues. Any order placed before 6-1-2006 will still include the Blue TRD shocks.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:13 PM

I'm kind of a noob to this kind of a lift idea. Two questions. First regarding the drive shaft. With the LC coils, I'll need to relocate the drive shaft under the tank instead of through it? Is this a major operation?

Second, I've recently purchased new Rancho shocks all around. Extended, they're about 22". Will I need new longer shocks? I've read that if you use shocks similar to what I have, there's no need for longer brake lines because the shocks will limit travel. Is that true?

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by emptypockets
I'm kind of a noob to this kind of a lift idea. Two questions. First regarding the drive shaft. With the LC coils, I'll need to relocate the drive shaft under the tank instead of through it? Is this a major operation?

Second, I've recently purchased new Rancho shocks all around. Extended, they're about 22". Will I need new longer shocks? I've read that if you use shocks similar to what I have, there's no need for longer brake lines because the shocks will limit travel. Is that true?

Thanks!
Do you have a 2WD or a 4WD?
Old 06-04-2006, 04:23 AM
Banned

I'm kind of a noob to this kind of a lift idea. Two questions. First regarding the drive shaft. With the LC coils, I'll need to relocate the drive shaft under the tank instead of through it? Is this a major operation?...
Ok, you REALLY need to get under your runner and just look around and learn what is what. relocating drive shaft under a tank instead of THRU it??? :pat:

at least you found the right forum to learn from...
Old 06-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by sschaefer3
All orders placed after 6-1-2006 will include the Tokico Trek > Master R/T front shock, the Tokico Tacoma Double Cab TRD Blue shock will no longer be used.

This is purely a "cost" issue, If I can get the same or equivalent shock that is made by the exact same company aftermarket, that is what we are going to do. As you cut out the TRD/Toyota markup.

Instead of a price increase, as these Toyota parts do continually go up in cost over time, I have switched to the aftermarket Tokico Trek > Master R/T shock. Not the one sold through TRD & Toyota. I have a set of each here and there will be no issues. Any order placed before 6-1-2006 will still include the Blue TRD shocks.

Well after spending a week testing and measuring the following:

1. Tokico TRD Blue
2. Tokico Trek Master Green
3. Bilstein TRD Yellow (Toyota Stock, not aftermarket)
4. Old Man Emu N91S

Here is the deal:

1. Old Man Emu is the longest. Too Long. It's also even in the Heavy Duty version, absurdly soft.

2. TRD Tokico Blue shocks ARE without a doubt quite different. They are the longest of the stock shocks and have very clear dual dampening as well as full extension dampeners. Although they look the same, they certainly are not.

3. The Green Trek Master is a plain jane no thrills shock and it appears to be basically the same in length and valving as the TRD Tacoma (Stock) Bilstein.

So I am going to bring the TRD Blue shocks back to the kits. The standard shock is still going to be the Tokico Green Trek Master, but if you want to pay more and upgrade to the dual valved TRD Blue Tokico, you can.

Basically it's a normal shock for the first 1/2 of the way down and then the last 1/2 is considerably stiffer, it also has full extension dampening or some sort of bump stop in it as it is not fully extended until a coil is installed on it.

It's clear to me now why it is a more expensive shock.

If you ordered before June 1 you have the blue shocks by default, don't worry.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:49 AM

Thanks!
Ok, I realize a drive shaft doesn't go thru the gas tank...but someone else in a previous post maybe in another thread said you needed to relocate the drive shaft? I did do the Daystar spacer lift myself after all!

BTW...Mine is a 4wd. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Contributing Member

Ok, I realize a drive shaft doesn't go thru the gas tank...but someone else in a previous post maybe in another thread said you needed to relocate the drive shaft? I did do the Daystar spacer lift myself after all!

BTW...Mine is a 4wd. Thanks for the help.

No relocating the driveshaft, just that with the lift the driveshaft may hit the gas tank skid under full flex, so some pounding of the gas tank skid may or may not be necessary.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:01 AM
Contributing Member

Updated first post to reflect what is on my site.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:36 AM
Contributing Member

Whats the best lift for 33s? I really wanted a 4-5" lift, do you have those?
Old 06-08-2006, 07:48 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by RTdawgs
Whats the best lift for 33s? I really wanted a 4-5" lift, do you have those?
Yes that would require a Dana 44 retro-fit. Minor welding and some very minor cutting.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:57 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by sschaefer3
Yes that would require a Dana 44 retro-fit. Minor welding and some very minor cutting.
Okay awesome. I am going to buy the kit from you and have 4Wheel Parts install it along with some 33x12.50R18s on some bling bling
Old 06-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Banned

Old 06-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Contributing Member

Steve what exactly is a Sonoran Steel Fabrication L.L.C. FJZ-80 to 4Runner rear shock discs (Four) and what do they do?
Old 06-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Lone4runner
Steve what exactly is a Sonoran Steel Fabrication L.L.C. FJZ-80 to 4Runner rear shock discs (Four) and what do they do?
They make up for the parts missing from the 80 rear shocks. The lift lits are complete, you will need nothing else.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Contributing Member

i am sorry that i am asking a stupid question i just dont know how they would benefit me in your kit. everything else seems to make sense i just dont know of any discs that go anywhere near the coil springs. any chance you could eleborate. I would very much appreciate it. Thanks

Quick Reply: The most complete 3rd Gen 4Runner lift kit ever offered: Featuring Tundra TRD coils