Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thoughts on pp coils and ome shocks

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thoughts on pp coils and ome shocks

has anybody out there tried ome shocks with 1" lift pp coils???
Right now, i'm happy with the ride and lift height that i have with the pp coils, but I would like to put on the longer travel ome shocks to maximize travel and articulation.
Does this sound like a good or terrible idea to anyone, or should i just break down and also put on some tundra/ome coils??
Old 05-24-2005, 08:45 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by mtxride
has anybody out there tried ome shocks with 1" lift pp coils???
Right now, i'm happy with the ride and lift height that i have with the pp coils, but I would like to put on the longer travel ome shocks to maximize travel and articulation.
Does this sound like a good or terrible idea to anyone, or should i just break down and also put on some tundra/ome coils??
i am not even sure if the OME shock wold fit inside the narrow PP srping??
Old 05-24-2005, 09:01 PM

hmm, maybe thats why i've never heard of anybody using the two together...
how much bigger is the diameter of an ome shock compared to the stock shock??
Old 05-26-2005, 05:31 PM

buy the OME coils, i have 882's and i love them, pretty reasonable price too

IMHO, if you want to maximize travel/articulation, you should go SAS or TC long travel, my junk is IFS and i still think puttin money into it is a waste, ive put a total of $450 into my front susp. (OME coils, new CV boots, hubs) and i would hate to have to put anymore into it, it works just fine for me, and your def on the right track w/ replacing the coils instead of runnin a crappy IFS lift, it makes for a much more functional susp and costs less.....im sure you've heard all this before so ill shut up now.....
Old 05-26-2005, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by TURNER
buy the OME coils, i have 882's and i love them, pretty reasonable price too

IMHO, if you want to maximize travel/articulation, you should go SAS or TC long travel, my junk is IFS and i still think puttin money into it is a waste, ive put a total of $450 into my front susp. (OME coils, new CV boots, hubs) and i would hate to have to put anymore into it, it works just fine for me, and your def on the right track w/ replacing the coils instead of runnin a crappy IFS lift, it makes for a much more functional susp and costs less.....im sure you've heard all this before so ill shut up now.....
yeah, i hear ya on the SAS, that would be nice!! but i meant that I want to maximize travel/articulation without any major modifications. so good coils and shocks will be enough for me.

so i think i'm gonna take off the pp's and put on the tundra/ome setup, everbody seems to be really happy with it.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:21 PM

yeah man i think you'll like it, like i said ive had mine for 2 years now and no probs

the only thing i will say is that since i put 882's on a reg cab 4cyl, they were really stiff and the ride was horrible at first, after about 6 months it softened up and they rode really nice, now they are sagging and ive lost about 1" of lift, but they still ride great on the road and perform well off road, i also have no sway bar and cant even tell the difference with these springs installed