Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

1996 4wd tacoma first truck project

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 06:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crazyj7012
That's exactly where that was. I live in fair plane right across from grasslick. Here is a picture from by staats mill lake the other day. I actually bought this truck off a guy that lives on grasslick too.
Yeah I could of bought that truck. The guy that owned it lives up on that hill. If you ever remove that front bumper you better have some torches as it's welded solid to the truck lol.

A few years back I got stuck up down by the ole bridge there on grasslike. I set there for hours and couldn't get out. I walked from that bridge to that guys house and he jerked me out with that little Tacoma. I may still have pics of it.

You can't play down there no more due to the state but that second mud hole is DEEP.....
Old 02-03-2014, 07:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Toyota~Boy
Yeah I could of bought that truck. The guy that owned it lives up on that hill. If you ever remove that front bumper you better have some torches as it's welded solid to the truck lol.

A few years back I got stuck up down by the ole bridge there on grasslike. I set there for hours and couldn't get out. I walked from that bridge to that guys house and he jerked me out with that little Tacoma. I may still have pics of it.

You can't play down there no more due to the state but that second mud hole is DEEP.....
That's the guy. I actually have had the front bumper off already. It is even more solid now than it was.
And I used to play down there all the time. I loved that place. I actually made it through both of those holes one time on my yamaha kodiak. I had to get pulled out a couple of times though before I made it through. You've probably seen me before on my red 4 wheeler if your in that area very often. But my favorite part was playing in the creek. I heard they shut it down cause somebody rode back in there and was "mooning" the intestate.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:42 AM

That's the guy. I actually have had the front bumper off already. It is even more solid now than it was. And I used to play down there all the time. I loved that place. I actually made it through both of those holes one time on my yamaha kodiak. I had to get pulled out a couple of times though before I made it through. You've probably seen me before on my red 4 wheeler if your in that area very often. But my favorite part was playing in the creek. I heard they shut it down cause somebody rode back in there and was "mooning" the intestate.
Lmao.... I don't know if I know you or not. I know you've seen me around. Here's a pic if my old truck.
Name:  null_zps6a883e47.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  278.5 KB
I sold that truck a few months back and now drive a T100 that's a build in process. My FaceBook is Mike Harper.. Look me up on there.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:51 AM

Lmao.... I don't know if I know you or not. I know you've seen me around. Here's a pic if my old truck.

I sold that truck a few months back and now drive a T100 that's a build in process. My FaceBook is Mike Harper.. Look me up on there.
I saw some pictures of your t100 on here a couple of weeks ago I think. And I'm pretty sure I saw you go past hardmans while I was leaving. It looked like you was hauling some coal or something. I couldn't really tell. But It may have not been you.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:01 AM

It's hard to tell! I haul alittle but of everything from time to time.

But hey man good job so far on the taco. Keep up the work and post a lot of pics
Old 02-07-2014, 07:32 PM

Got her in the garage doin a couple small things to her. Does anyone know where the best place to get touch up paint (rattlecans or in a jug) is that isnt absolutly outrageous on price? I think the color is like " dark forest green"
Attached Thumbnails 1996 4wd tacoma first truck project-forumrunner_20140207_233028.png  
Old 02-07-2014, 07:44 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Is there any reason why you painted the bumper and headache rack orange over a traditional black or grey? Looks neat
Old 02-07-2014, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by jaretstuff
Is there any reason why you painted the bumper and headache rack orange over a traditional black or grey? Looks neat

I just wanted it to be different and stand out. And I had a project come through the shop that I had to restore for someone and its color was kubota orange so after I did it I got the idea to paint these orange, and I had left over paint so I did it. I think it turned out great and it looks pretty good in person. (Minus the dented and miscolored hood. ) but im actually working on it right now.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:59 PM

The things we do to be different lol. Any plans for the truck concerning offroading
Old 02-07-2014, 08:14 PM

The things we do to be different lol. Any plans for the truck concerning offroading

I am going to do the zuk mod real soon. (12" 150#? Anyone have any objections to that?) I tow and haul alot is why I want them so stiff. I cant really afford any lift or anything. And it has ridiculous but sag. I would love to have a rear locker, but welding it would be my only option as a broke high school sophmore. I still have to drive it everyday to school and work and occasionally on little trips. It goes great offroad for everything I need. I think im gonna get rid of my front mount hella lights and put some led spotlights on there cause I love my led reverse/ work flood lights. Any suggestions?
Old 02-07-2014, 08:22 PM

I hate being broke too luckily I got most of my stuff done before I ran out. If you are hauling a ZUK or an AAL should work for you, then you can crank your t bars a bit to level it out after the ZUK. Down the road bj spacers are a very cheap way to lift a truck you can get a 2in for like 65 bucks on ebay but you need new shocks unless you drop down the shock bracket
Old 02-07-2014, 09:35 PM

Trucks looks good. Great work. Paint wise check the dupli color home shop, I think that the name. They got it at the parts stores. A quart is like $25, and there are mix charts how to get a color you want. But if you've got the compressor and spray gun, may cost less then a $100 and can respray your rig. There bed liner kit is great too. If your using your bed alot Id suggest it. I did just 2 coats on mine, Might do a 3rd this spring. My truck is mostly a hunting/camp and trail rig. do use it to haul some when it is road worthy. Have my 97 F150 for hauling and DD.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by dsal_86Yota
Trucks looks good. Great work. Paint wise check the dupli color home shop, I think that the name. They got it at the parts stores. A quart is like $25, and there are mix charts how to get a color you want. But if you've got the compressor and spray gun, may cost less then a $100 and can respray your rig. There bed liner kit is great too. If your using your bed alot Id suggest it. I did just 2 coats on mine, Might do a 3rd this spring. My truck is mostly a hunting/camp and trail rig. do use it to haul some when it is road worthy. Have my 97 F150 for hauling and DD.

I looked at dupli color at advanced auto. They didnt carry it. I will have to see if they can get it. I do have a spray gun and compresser and everything. That is actually how I painted the bumpers. I dont need the spray in bed liner because I bought a plastic drop in bedliner and I am just using it. I dont really like plastic bedliners, but I had to have something cause my bed was beat up bad, so after I reinforced it I put the bedliner in.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:37 AM

Got her in the garage doin a couple small things to her. Does anyone know where the best place to get touch up paint (rattlecans or in a jug) is that isnt absolutly outrageous on price? I think the color is like " dark forest green"
Dave's Auto sales it there at ripley
Old 02-08-2014, 08:41 AM

I hate being broke too luckily I got most of my stuff done before I ran out. If you are hauling a ZUK or an AAL should work for you, then you can crank your t bars a bit to level it out after the ZUK. Down the road bj spacers are a very cheap way to lift a truck you can get a 2in for like 65 bucks on ebay but you need new shocks unless you drop down the shock bracket
Did you forget this is a Tacoma... It's not a Pickup
Old 02-08-2014, 08:47 AM

Did you forget this is a Tacoma... It's not a Pickup

Yeah I dont have Torsion bars.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:54 AM

Yeah I dont have Torsion bars.
Hey dude hit me up with a text sometime. I'd like to meet you and possibly help ya on your build. My number is in my FB profile.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:58 AM

Hey dude hit me up with a text sometime. I'd like to meet you and possibly help ya on your build. My number is in my FB profile.
Okay, thanks! Right now I just came I out of a trail out cedar lakes road. The yota did great.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:18 AM

Okay, thanks! Right now I just came I out of a trail out cedar lakes road. The yota did great.
awesome.. We should get together an go out foster!!! I haven't really wheeled my t yet
Old 02-08-2014, 10:28 AM

awesome.. We should get together an go out foster!!! I haven't really wheeled my t yet
We definitely should! I havent took this thing threw anything very extreme yet as all of my friends are scared to take there vehicles. I have rode 4 wheeler out there, and took this thing out bull run, (next to foster with the rope swing swimming hole), but I dont know to many foster trails.

Quick Reply: 1996 4wd tacoma first truck project