Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Wrecked my 4Runner, what to do now?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lessons Learned

So, I have to ask, what lessons have you learned from this?

Don't even think about going after the school for your $1000 deductable. It isn't their fault the operator of the vehicle doesn't know how to drive. Those must have been some wicked big washboard bumps to make someone loose control in 4wd at 20mph....

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, I really am. Good luck with the repairs, (and the girl), and we all hope you can get back on the road soon.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i want your runner for a trail rig
Old 01-18-2005, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by dragr1
I'll take it for $501
Going once, Going twice...

JK! But seriously, If they dont take my claim im gonna put the Runner up for sale, and no, i cant part it out.

Thanks for the concerns, I will post whether insurance did or didnt cover it tommorow. Plus I will be in the market for another 4Runner, maybe a 5speed with e-Locker...
Old 01-19-2005, 12:53 PM

Update

Well, I got the call from State Farm. As yall have read, it was declared totalled yesterday but whether or not they would cover the cost was up in the air.

The gray area on my policy saved my ass! They admitted that as long as she is licensed (she had a permit) and I gave her consent to drive (I did) and it was on private property ( It was) that it would be paid for. They agreed to completely refund my money on the 4Runner, which I paid $10,800 two weeks ago. In short, I get a check for $9800 with the deductible taken out. The girl who wrecked the Runner has agreed to pay for the deductible, and I am stuck with the increased payments until who knows when.

In short, since the insurance payments are going to be so high, I will not only be 4Runnerless for a while but not have a car at all. I'm thinking that the payments are going to be around $500 a month for insurance, and thats just too high to justify for the 3000 miles I would put on it until August, since I don't drive in the summer.

I'm just pissed because that 4Runner was such an awesome deal and in great condition with everything but the e-locker. Oh well, at least no one is hurt!

Last edited by Georgia4Runner; 01-19-2005 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:24 AM
Contributing Member

Great news!

I am really happy that State Farm took care of you! This is one time where the "gray area" actually worked in someone's favor and not in the favor of the large corporation!

I, like the rest of us, wish this had never happened. Not only did it cost a lot of money (State Farm's in this case), but we have also lost what sounded like a really nice 4Runner. I sure hope you stick around the forums, but I would totally understand if you wanted to take a break from the forums for a while. When I moved away from Colorado I didn't want anything to do with the forums for the better part of a year - they just reminded me too much of what I had left!

Anyway, best of luck to you. Maybe you can start again with a 1st Gen this time, and build it up. The insurance certainly wouldn't be as high!

-Sherpa
Old 01-20-2005, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sherpa
I am really happy that State Farm took care of you! This is one time where the "gray area" actually worked in someone's favor and not in the favor of the large corporation!

I, like the rest of us, wish this had never happened. Not only did it cost a lot of money (State Farm's in this case), but we have also lost what sounded like a really nice 4Runner. I sure hope you stick around the forums, but I would totally understand if you wanted to take a break from the forums for a while. When I moved away from Colorado I didn't want anything to do with the forums for the better part of a year - they just reminded me too much of what I had left!

Anyway, best of luck to you. Maybe you can start again with a 1st Gen this time, and build it up. The insurance certainly wouldn't be as high!

-Sherpa
Thanks Sherpa!

First of all, State Farm is a great insurance company to deal with and are truly good people who aren't out there to screw you. They could have easily denied my claim with good reason.
It really does pain me when a great model like the 3rd gen loses a great example. However, there is a full Oak leather interior and many good panels and a 3.4 and auto waiting to be an organ donor for another one.
So that is what comforts me.

Right now, I'm still gonna browse these great and super-friendly forums and post when I can be of assistance. Coming from the JeepsUnlimited.com forums where there is tons of flaming and very little technical help, Yotatech is a godsend for the Toyota truck world.

Thanks all for the support, and when I'm looking for another 4Runner (1st gen, hmmm... ) I'll take a visit over here to give me another reminder of why 4Runners are so great...IT'S THE OWNERS!!!

Thanks again and happy trails!
Keep the shiny side up!

Last edited by Georgia4Runner; 01-20-2005 at 05:47 AM.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:13 PM
Contributing Member

give waskilly a shout, he may want to get rid of the one he has now. probably get it for a good price too!

jk brian!

lee