Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Well I got another deer last night at 50mph.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 08:29 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hahahehehehehahah

Originally Posted by ChickenLover
Psycho.
That’s a fact <-DEER an old friend of mine hit one on his CBR600 a few months back, broken hip, leg, shoulder and road rash....not cool at all. Wow, I too drive a Miata now and I can only imagine what that would be like mine is has Eighbach springs on it so its lower than stock which is already to low! I’ve heard of deer coming through the wind shield, that would SUCK, especially if its feet came through and it was trying to get out, not cool. You are right about the hunters and a lot of the ones around here are not hunters, they bait the damn things then shoot them from tree huts, what’s that all about. Kill them all that’s my theory!
Old 11-12-2004, 08:53 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This was sent to me a while back.

Old 11-12-2004, 09:33 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ChickenLover
Psycho.
Hilarious
Old 11-12-2004, 09:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you need this buddy, contact 4hummer

Old 11-12-2004, 09:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fiveofeen
you need this buddy, contact 4hummer

Ha Ha Ha. Buddy I'll give you all the specs so you can build one yourself.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jason B
This was sent to me a while back.

i wonder if they unloaded that before putting it on the tow truck
Old 11-12-2004, 11:07 AM

my friend hit one and totalled his truck and the deer ran off into the woods.

my wife had one jump out of the woods onto the side of her car. pontiac grand prix got the front fender, mirror, door, and rear quarter panel. I love deer

suasage, deer burgers, roasts.

My grandpa hit a horse in a dodge pick up 66 model hardly dented the hood. killed the horse.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by rngrchad
While we are on the topic might I add my latest deer incident. I was hammer'n down towards school this morning arond 5:15am, and over the cb I hear a driver chime in: "Hey east-bound watch the bridge before the 2-lane, I just hit 3 deer all at once.....(he cackles a bit and adds..) they didn't even slow me down a bit....gotta love this ol' Kenworth."
Yep. My brother drove an 18 wheeler for a while, and he told me the trainer told him to just plow through deer. Swerving would usually get you in worse trouble than blood on bumper of the Peterbilt.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:22 AM
Banned

back in 95 (or was it 96?) my family was traveling from our home in Oakdale, LA to Hot Springs, AR. On the way back, at like 3 int he morning, my dad was haulin ass in a 1988 Camry, going like 85, he hit a damn deer. I was asleep, but apparently it shook him up so much that he had to pull over and rest for a while...
Old 11-19-2004, 05:52 PM

big rigs/deer

Originally Posted by Glenn
Yep. My brother drove an 18 wheeler for a while, and he told me the trainer told him to just plow through deer. Swerving would usually get you in worse trouble than blood on bumper of the Peterbilt.
Tell me about it, I'm getting to know the local big rig drivers along my commute to school(they all call me the RC Control Truck), about once a month I'll hear a driver chime in over the cb and be laughing ridiculously about anhilating a deer....it's almost as if they enjoy it...I would be some drivers keep a tick list of how many deer they hit a year and wager bets on it at the local gravel yards
Old 11-19-2004, 07:31 PM

A couple friends in a dodge ram. Driver says "Did you see the deer standing back there"? Other guy says,"NO! But I see the one in the middle of the F@#%ing ROAD"! Big dent in the front grill. One dead deer. Lots of jerky. Never hit any my self. I have missed a few.
jim
Old 11-21-2004, 03:10 PM
Contributing Member

Driving lights on the roof rack come in handy with deer...the sooner they see the light the sooner they freeze so you have more time to stop. Thats saved me a few times...now I've just learned to go slow, every time I take my girlfriend home I see atleast 10 of them on the side of the road...let just say its a LOOONNGGG drive home.

Fink
Old 11-21-2004, 04:22 PM

only hit two

I have only hit two both of them in an 85-2wd 200$ yota. The first one I hit I swerved to hit it. I just barley hit it in the head at like 15-20mph. It was walking real slowly across the road. And it didn’t do anything to the truck. The second I hit from behind again at 15-20mph and I scoped it on to my hood and dumped it in the ditch. That was funny, neither did anything to the truck not that I would care as it is kind of beat and rusty.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by neil_P_smith
I have only hit two both of them in an 85-2wd 200$ yota. The first one I hit I swerved to hit it. I just barley hit it in the head at like 15-20mph. It was walking real slowly across the road. And it didn’t do anything to the truck. The second I hit from behind again at 15-20mph and I scoped it on to my hood and dumped it in the ditch. That was funny, neither did anything to the truck not that I would care as it is kind of beat and rusty.

Why on earth would you intentionally hit a deer? Were you deviod of all moral upbringing (church, mother, anything???), or have you no heart at all? I wish one of those deer had flown through your winsheild and taken you out....You are a sick individual.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:56 PM

i suddenly start thinking of the deer scene in tommy boy..."what do we do?" and then he wakes up and tears the car apart...lol "that was awesome!!"
Old 11-21-2004, 07:22 PM

A friend of mine came within millimeters of smackin' a big fluffy coyote this weekend.. If he was only going a little bit faster.

Man! I just hoping to see fur on his bumper!! LOL!

Last edited by Schuey2002; 11-21-2004 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:55 AM
Contributing Member

Thumbs up Hah, I would have to agree on that one!

Originally Posted by NMcruser
Why on earth would you intentionally hit a deer? Were you deviod of all moral upbringing (church, mother, anything???), or have you no heart at all? I wish one of those deer had flown through your winsheild and taken you out....You are a sick individual.
When I was 17 I got arrested and put in jail for a day. An old friend or should I acquaintance had just got his license. He had been in a severe accident as a child and his parents settled for a small fortune and each child involved had an account set up with like $25,000 in it for them when they got older. Well this guy was a good old boy and bought himself a Chevy Blazer . I went for a ride with him and a few miles from town he swerved and ran over some ones golden retriever, then made the mistake of stopping to see what he had done to the dog. We got out of the truck and before he could do anything my right fist connected to the side of his face! I had never really beaten any one up before in my life, but I beat him to the point that he could not get up. I carried the dog to its owner’s house and they rushed it to the vet, it had a collapsed lung and a broken leg. By the time I got back to the truck the police were there and I was in hand cuffs. He got arrested and got a HUGH fine and all I got was half a day in jail. He deserved more than that for hitting some ones dog, that’s just wrong.. I hate deer with a passion but wouldn’t take the chance of banging up my truck just for the sake of hitting one, WTF?

Last edited by Ilovemountains; 11-22-2004 at 04:56 AM.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
This is my first post, but I have a healthy respect for deer after hitting one, plus I think there are too many.
I have only hit one deer in my life, it was in a '87 Jeep Comanche. I was driving across country and hit this deer at straight up noon outside Lebanon MO. I was on the interstate and passing a big rig going about 80 mph. This deer jumped out of the median and nailed the driver front corner. The stock bumper was bent into the tire, the radiator was puntured and the power steering pump sheared off. It was interesting trying to get back to the breakdown lane, I couldn't see because of the coolant all over the windshield. I couldn't turn on the wipers because it took both hands on the steering wheel to keep it out of the ditch. The big rigs I had passed were not as helpful as I would have liked in letting me through to the breakdown lane but I made it. I am glad I had to walk 1/2 mile to the nearest house because I was pretty shakey after that. Day and a half later I was fixed and ready to go.

There was plenty of gore and stuff still embedded in the fender and grill after I got to AZ. I now live in the desert and don't worry about deer too much (or ice).

As an aside, I am looking for a 4Runner as a field truck (I'm a field geologist). I have been lurking and doing a lot of reading. Thank for all to the good info. I just hope that I have the patience to wait for what I want. I just need to sell my wife on the idea (95% done) and then sell the old pickup. The hardest part for me will be waiting and being patient looking for the right vehicle. Thanks for all the good info.

Ross
Old 11-22-2004, 09:34 AM
lee
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Ilovemountains
I went for a ride with him and a few miles from town he swerved and ran over some ones golden retriever, then made the mistake of stopping to see what he had done to the dog. We got out of the truck and before he could do anything my right fist connected to the side of his face! I had never really beaten any one up before in my life, but I beat him to the point that he could not get up.
wait, he intentionally hit the dog, then stopped to see if it was alive?

or did he accidentally hit it, and you just have a severe anger problem?

either way, odd story
Old 11-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Ilovemountains
one I hit head on in my Saab and it flew up onto the hood and was twitching, so I got out of the car and couldn’t help myself, I punched it so hard in the head that I fractured my wrist! Then I put the car in reverse, dumped the clutch and hit the brakes, it flew off and slid off the road.
needed a good laugh...thanks

Quick Reply: Well I got another deer last night at 50mph.