Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

TRD Sticker "new" and where to place it.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 06:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRD Sticker "new" and where to place it.

This is just an idea for those who like to sport their TRD affiliation.

Go to: http://www.trdsales.com/shop/product.asp?catcode=275

Scroll down to just about the bottom where you will see a new silver TRD emblem, PN 08231-SP079 for $18.00. I have not touched this emblem but I have ordered one.

Where to place it? The obvious place is on the rear hatch, but I thought it could be cool to put one on *each* one of the rear black mudflaps? JM2C
Old 04-08-2004, 06:47 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would they stick nicely on the mudflaps plus deal with road grime well are some questions you might ask yourself. IMO they wouldn't look bad there but I like it up higher like on the rear hatch even if it is a bit cliche.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:51 AM
Contributing Member

I do not understand the whole TRD thing.. I mean they do not have a TRD 4runner and even the guys with the TRD tacos change out the parts that make it TRD ( save the e-locker).... Don't get me wrong, I think the sticker looks cool on the back panel.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:59 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Herkengineer
I do not understand the whole TRD thing.. I mean they do not have a TRD 4runner and even the guys with the TRD tacos change out the parts that make it TRD ( save the e-locker).... Don't get me wrong, I think the sticker looks cool on the back panel.
I've wondered this myself.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:17 AM
Contributing Member

Its called a supercharger boys... And if I spend all that money on something for my truck I'd sport it. This way isn't so LOOK I HAVE A SUPERCHARGER either. Its a small touch of I might have something under the hood or I'm a ricer. I don't mind a little hint here and there if you actually have the stuff. Hell, I plan on putting an arb decal on my truck when I get lockers.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:32 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by turboale
Its called a supercharger boys... And if I spend all that money on something for my truck I'd sport it. This way isn't so LOOK I HAVE A SUPERCHARGER either. Its a small touch of I might have something under the hood or I'm a ricer. I don't mind a little hint here and there if you actually have the stuff. Hell, I plan on putting an arb decal on my truck when I get lockers.
I think we meant more the people that don't have superchargers, or lockers, or TRD suspension or anything like that.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:33 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by turboale
You can't tell me that all or even most of the people with the TRD sticker have the TRD SC...

again, I am not knocking people with the sticker...I was toying with the idea when I thought...I do not have anything TRD ( besides an oil cap )

an ARB decal is ok too..why because you have an ARB locker or bumper...but I do not think that many people will plaster an ARB sticker with no ARB products.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:46 AM
Contributing Member

I like to think that I am supporting the Toyota Racing establishment. Let's face it...Toyota does not get the same attention or respect on the racing circuit that they deserve. So it is not so much you are sporting or bragging...but you are exposing more people to the fact that Toyota is a developer of high performance racing parts and a racing team. That's how I justify my stickers....I just love Toyota's.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:39 AM
Contributing Member

I personally like the emblem. Peter when you get it let me know the dimensions on it. I might be interested in getting one myself, if it's not too big.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:33 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by bobzemuda
I think we meant more the people that don't have superchargers, or lockers, or TRD suspension or anything like that.
In the import car world that's called a "ricer" and that's one of the very first definitions of it. You see Mustangs with Nissan "GTR" badges on them or HKS logos on cars that are bone stock and such but at least the TRD on a Toyota is the same brand.
I justify my TRD stickers (silver/charcoal) since I sort of duplicated the TRD suspension package plus I like 'em and they draw the looks.

The stickers I hate are the "Powered by Toyota" (or insert any make) on Toyotas;isn't this such a "DUH" sticker. Of course it's powered by Toyota.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:36 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking TRD Stickers

They are so "ghey"

Old 04-08-2004, 10:12 AM
Contributing Member

Wabbit,mine are exactly as yours and I mean to a "T" (RD).

I lined mine up with the taillight's backup light section at the bottom of it and then used a level to make sure it was straight,gee I hope my truck was level.
The tricky part was the gas tank cover and cutting it nicely but I got lucky and they came out near perfect.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:19 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by X-AWDriver
Wabbit,mine are exactly as yours and I mean to a "T" (RD).

I lined mine up with the taillight's backup light section at the bottom of it and then used a level to make sure it was straight,gee I hope my truck was level.
The tricky part was the gas tank cover and cutting it nicely but I got lucky and they came out near perfect.

Yep, perfect!

Old 04-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit

Yep, perfect!

Dude! I am not calling people with them Ghey, I think they look nice on there..I was just asking what TRD parts are people useing? I was going to put some on mine and desided against it because I have no TRD parts...

Now, I am not slamming people with them because you all have your trucks looking a hell of a lot better then mine.

now if I had the E-locker.. I would slap a sticker on

all I have is the silly looking TRD oil cap LOL
Old 04-08-2004, 12:38 PM
Contributing Member

I figure that I have spent enough money on TRD stuff, that I am "justified" to put a sticker on.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:39 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ManyMods

Where to place it? The obvious place is on the rear hatch, but I thought it could be cool to put one on *each* one of the rear black mudflaps? JM2C
Those are sweet looking stickers!
I think they will look good on the mudflaps or on the rear hatch.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by SLC Punk
I figure that I have spent enough money on TRD stuff, that I am "justified" to put a sticker on.
Jeaususs!!
I'll shut up now

I was not trying to slam anyone at all.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:53 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Herkengineer
Jeaususs!!
I'll shut up now

I was not trying to slam anyone at all.
just messing with ya!!
Old 04-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Contributing Member

I did it for the "BLING BLING" there are 0 TRD parts on my rig....... unless you consider the E-Locker TRD...... even the sticker isn't TRD.......
Old 04-09-2004, 05:40 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by BruceTS
I did it for the "BLING BLING" there are 0 TRD parts on my rig....... unless you consider the E-Locker TRD...... even the sticker isn't TRD.......
Heck you got any more?? I think I'll slap some on too..

btw Bruce, How much did you get your fenders from? Island Trucks?

Quick Reply: TRD Sticker "new" and where to place it.