Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Stuck at exit 45 I-90......HELP???

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, sounds like it was pretty narly.

Out of curiosity, did you let air out of the tires? That can help with getting more traction on the snow.

I would agree the phone-list is important...but it is in no way an alternative to wheeling responsibly. Wheel with another rig, or 2...and know your rig's limits.

Jim
Old 01-05-2004, 08:43 PM

Me and my buddies used to camp up exit 38 all the time...never been up 40, but ill have to check it out...

They say we are going to get dumped on (I think im around 5-800 ft ASL here on the plateau...) - I prefer to think we're going to get no snow, so that when we do get hit with the white @#$% im pleasantly suprised...

Hell nothing even touches what I had to live through in Montana for a year. I loved that damn state to death...it was the bermuda triangle of the NW...

As much as I love snow, its putting a damper on my car search
Old 01-05-2004, 08:44 PM
Contributing Member

Take a look here to see the storm rolling in. Radar Loop

It's already up to Tacoma...

A few of you have my number, feel free to call if you have a problem off road. Even if I can't come, I will make some calls on your behalf.

Last edited by WATRD; 01-05-2004 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:56 PM
Contributing Member

dude that's nuts. Looks like light rain is following it on the tail end.

Anybody remember that huge snow storm in Seatown about 6 or 7 years ago? I was downtown by DV8 (yeah I said it ) and my friend and I high-centered his AWD Talon. Once we got pushed out, we drove between the buildings downtown and I kid you not, 10 inches of snow between the buildings. I have never seen anything like it.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:59 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by <96 Runner>
dude that's nuts. Looks like light rain is following it on the tail end.

Anybody remember that huge snow storm in Seatown about 6 or 7 years ago? I was downtown by DV8 (yeah I said it ) and my friend and I high-centered his AWD Talon. Once we got pushed out, we drove between the buildings downtown and I kid you not, 10 inches of snow between the buildings. I have never seen anything like it.
On the local news they are all caught up in describing this as the largest snow event to hit the area since that very storm... We are supposed to get 3-8" of snow, then it's supposed to change over to rain and collapse all the roofs.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:00 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by WATRD
then it's supposed to change over to rain and collapse all the roofs.
Oh great!
Old 01-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Contributing Member

...and I have a virtually flat roof on much of my house... ;( I am standing by to go up and shovel it off if it starts making groaning noises like it did during the storm in '96.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:06 PM

LOL collapse roofs...our news people are, and always have been the most melodramatic news casters ive ever had the pain of watching.

Everythings always about the world coming to an end, go buy bottled water before it runs out, hide your children cause the kent gangsters are coming north, bull$*#. Sometimes I despise the species - that is if kathy goat-zen is even bred from the same stock as us sheeple
Old 01-05-2004, 09:08 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by DravisAR
hide your children cause the kent gangsters are coming north,
How did you know I was planning to move up that way? hehehehe
Old 01-05-2004, 09:12 PM

Damnit not another Kent-izen....im moving back to duvall!

Wait...my girlfriends from Kent...damn

Speaking of...what do you know about that central 4x4 place you guys have down there? Good or baaaaaad? I need a place to do some work on my 4runner...if I ever get the damn thing. I could do it, but im used to Mitsubishi's and Subaru's, not trucks
Old 01-05-2004, 09:16 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by DravisAR
Damnit not another Kent-izen....im moving back to duvall!

Wait...my girlfriends from Kent...damn

Speaking of...what do you know about that central 4x4 place you guys have down there? Good or baaaaaad? I need a place to do some work on my 4runner...if I ever get the damn thing. I could do it, but im used to Mitsubishi's and Subaru's, not trucks
hehehhe Duvall is where I am going... But it's okay, I grew up in Woodinville back before it was yuppyville, so I am coming home.

I know the guys at Central in Kent quite well. Mike in the shop is a good guy and will do the job right. Bill, the manager and I get along really well and finally, Adam, behind the counter, is good people. I can recommend Central in Kent, but would not send anyone I cared about to Central in Everett.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:18 PM

Yea, sounds like its gonna be narly Tues. and Wed. At least you westside guys get to warm up here pretty soon. I didnt know there were so many WA guys on here. Pretty cool.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:43 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Dave, glad you guy's got the rigs out and all got back safe.
At least the beans kept them warm

Dravis, I too can vouch for the gang at the Kent Central 4WD shop.
Back around spring of '99 they had a bad mechanic working there, but the guy they have now is great.

I think some on here know my Downey rear coil horror story from that time frame.

If we do get this blast tonight, I already informed my boss I am staying home tomorrow if it's bad since there are so many on the roads who don't know how to drive in it, and like to slide into you.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:11 PM

We need to get a phone tree for things like this...
I thought we did start something like that once... an email list or something, whatever happened to it?

Originally posted by RigRunner
I didnt know there were so many WA guys on here.
Sssh! You're gonna blow our cover, we're not quite ready to take over the board yet. muhahahaha
Old 01-05-2004, 10:21 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Shane
I thought we did start something like that once... an email list or something, whatever happened to it?
We *did*. But through complete lack of use on the mailing list, the host expired it. We only had something like six folks who actually put their money where their mouths were anyway.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:26 PM

We *did*. But through complete lack of use on the mailing list, the host expired it. We only had something like six folks who actually put their money where their mouths were anyway.
Ya, just found the old email, it was: http://www.topica.com/lists/wwtoysr
and yep, only about 6 responders to the question of where you'd be able to help
Old 01-06-2004, 01:51 AM

Weathermen are full of crap. Almost 3am, and according to radar, only light snow south of and around olympia.

Unless storms decide to start traveling in 747s, we arent gonna see a flake by 4am.....10" by morning my @$$!
Old 01-06-2004, 03:56 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Um..........air down the tires?............um...............We did talk about it after............

Dayam I am sore this morning. 15 deg F outside (yes this IS the Seattle area) Not a flake of that "winter storm 2004" they were talking about.

The snow was a lot like driving on sand. Best I figure, we were at about 3,000 feet. Wind was very strong and COLD.

I took film pics. Don't have a digital.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:50 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Snow

What the heck is snow? I've seen some pictures of it before!

I'm glad everyone got home okay! A can of refried beans...

It's about 26 degrees here this morning and the local "weather guessers" are acting like if you walk outside you will freeze solid if you stop moving or something. I'm sure there will be a mad run at the grocery store on $3 per stick firewood, bread and milk, as it is supposed to dip below freezing for the lows and the highs are in the 30s. :pat:

I love living in Alabama, but too many folks here just totally wig out over a little cold weather or snow. I think it finally feels good outside for a change!

Stay warm and safe up there guys!

Now tornadoes are another story...

Old 01-06-2004, 05:37 AM

Damn, still no new snow at my place in North Bend.

It's just been crazy-windy here all night.

Jim

Quick Reply: Stuck at exit 45 I-90......HELP???