Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Spotted! Billy's 4th gen w/ 37's and new paint

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 10:41 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ugh, 22's and more subs than you can count. I've got a set of 12's but damn, theres a point when it gets excessive. Dont you have better things to spend big bucks like that on?

of course i say that and i've put at least as much into my suspension and motor, like i said earlier. . . everyone has thier own taste. Got any interior pics? I'd like to see how you set things up.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by WolfpackTLC
(2) 10's and (2) 12's ? Why? You're getting 167's w/ what kind of meter? And why aren't you competing in IASAC or dbDrag if you're making those kind of #'s? Hmm?
Ya must have missed the 2 13.5W7's...they are the kicker.

Competing means nothing to me. It is all about personal happiness.

Billy
Old 07-26-2004, 11:06 AM

8's 10's 12's, and 13.5's... wow. That's a lot of sub... and amp... and weight.... and you can still wheel that thing? Post up some pics... I wanna see the install!
Old 07-26-2004, 11:42 AM
lee
Contributing Member

uhh... i bought two 6 1/2" alpine front door speakers... but havent yet installed them...

...jealous?

Old 07-26-2004, 12:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NCSU-4runner
ugh, 22's and more subs than you can count. I've got a set of 12's but damn, theres a point when it gets excessive. Dont you have better things to spend big bucks like that on?

of course i say that and i've put at least as much into my suspension and motor, like i said earlier. . . everyone has thier own taste. Got any interior pics? I'd like to see how you set things up.
Believe me, he has put an amazing amount of $$ and time/energy into his suspension too. Not to mention all the products he's making for us.

Don't call it dumb - you have no idea how much he has put into that truck.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:19 PM
Banned

And Billy -- I gave you a wake up call this morning, you better still be awake!
Old 07-26-2004, 12:32 PM
Contributing Member

see and I thought I was crazy... makes me look sooo normal

thanks billy! keep up the awesome work cuz you're in a league that none of us can follow.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Contributing Member

Awesome! I'm really dig'n your 4th gen! Do you have any pictures of the stereo install?
Old 07-26-2004, 02:50 PM

His truck is something you dont see everyday and I think it looks great I really like the new paint job. 22's on a runner and still has offroad ability and no bling. I to would love to see some pics of the system install but I can also see why you may not want to post them. By the way how does it handle on the road top heavy, rough ride,etc.

Anyway keep up the good work and have a good one.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:40 PM

Hey, thanks all. I know it is never easy to accept or like something that is a little out there...but so am I so I guess it is a perfect fit.

I have a few stereo pics, and r0cky could easily vouch for the insanity of the system, as it looks like a 12 year old's science project with all of the wires, batteries, and capacitors. I am not too excited about showing everything, but I could post a pic of a finished door panel and maybe a couple other selective pics. I have done everything possible to hide the system, and though I have an extremely sensitive alarm, I still dont like displaying everything to the public...kinda a similar scenario to why I tried to side step the wheel/tire cost questions. Not a single word I speak is BS, though I understand much of the info provided may come across that way as 10 or 12 subs is definitely ridiculous to say the least.

I'll do my best to show what I am comfortable with, so I guess the believing factor is up to you. I am sure the madness will continue, and I will be sure to keep you all in the know.

Billy

JokePlayer-
Hey, just saw you are in walnut creek. I am moving to the bay area in a month and am already paying rent on a place on Bay Street...I think that is the name of the road. I just know there is a big park and Safeway nearby, lol. I am heading down to the AAC to get my third degree and second masters, in auto design. I hope to meet up with a bunch of you guys over the next few years.

Last edited by fourunnabilly; 07-26-2004 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:00 PM
Contributing Member

i dont think posting pics of whats in it is any worse than making that complete list of whats in it. Does your alarm have a starter kill? I never leave my truck alone far from where i am for any extended time period. If someone is bold enought to try and steal it from my driveway they are in for some trouble straight H&K style. I'm sorry i called the truck dumb earlier, its just that the 22s are a little overboard for my personal taste, but then again most everyone that doesnt like trucks says that about my giant suspension lift, if you are proud of it so be it. At least you didnt put chrome spinners on it, then i would have really .
Old 07-26-2004, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by NCSU-4runner
i dont think posting pics of whats in it is any worse than making that complete list of whats in it. Does your alarm have a starter kill? I never leave my truck alone far from where i am for any extended time period. If someone is bold enought to try and steal it from my driveway they are in for some trouble straight H&K style. I'm sorry i called the truck dumb earlier, its just that the 22s are a little overboard for my personal taste, but then again most everyone that doesnt like trucks says that about my giant suspension lift, if you are proud of it so be it. At least you didnt put chrome spinners on it, then i would have really .
Hey, no offense taken. That is why we live where we do and all have our own rigs, right?

The way I look at it someone has to take a different route just to see what is and isnt possible, etc. So, I figured what the hell...there are many days when I look at that thing and bash my head into a wall a few times...it has had to grow on me a lot as well. I think the sucker is nearing completion, and in its present state I am damn happy, so it is just more of a clean up and preventative maintenance project now.

I'll get some stereo pics up one of these days. I am swamped right now till thurs, but then should be free this weekend. I have done everything possible to protect that sucker, but like you said, in the end any vehicle can be stolen or broken into if the desire is strong enough. I just keep my sawed of 12'er and .45 close at hand with my cwp.

Later all,

Billy

Last edited by fourunnabilly; 07-26-2004 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:22 PM
Banned

i emailed you billy. if you have a chance, lemme know the tracking #.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:28 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking Rig

Billy,

Definitely one of a kind! Looks good, but not my medium or my budget. I'll stick to following the masses, it is cheaper!

Old 07-26-2004, 06:32 PM

I know this is off topic, but if any of you know the stud size of a 6 on 5.5 chevy bolt pattern, that would be a huge help to me. I am upgrading from the 12x1.5's and have been hitting dead end leads all day. Thanks.

Billy

r0cky- As soon as Will gets home from work I will get you the tracking #. He gave me a ring from the shop this morning before he departed for work.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Banned

thanks Billy.

get ahold of any red bull and candy? hope so.

again, your truck looks great. i bet i could drive under it in a wheelchair with spinners.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:03 PM

I don't mean to sound like I'm doubting you man... your rig is definitely one-of-a-kind. I'm just a former installer and I can't picture your system setup... at all... esp. the subs underneath the seats..... Guess I'm just an old fart and I need to recognize. ... post up some flex pics when you can!
Old 07-26-2004, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by WolfpackTLC
I don't mean to sound like I'm doubting you man... your rig is definitely one-of-a-kind. I'm just a former installer and I can't picture your system setup... at all... esp. the subs underneath the seats..... Guess I'm just an old fart and I need to recognize. ... post up some flex pics when you can!
LOL...you are entirely correct. I'll fill ya in quickly on what I had to do just to get the 10's under the front. Yanked the seats, cut out all of the subframing. Built a 2" seat lift kit. Built a .65 cubic box for each, locked the seats permanenty in place so they cant move at all...all the way back. The only thing I forgot was to reconnect the air bag sensor, so my damn light is still on. I know this stereo is a very easy one to doubt, that is why everyone drops a nut when they see it, lol.

I understand your doubts, as right now I have been driving around with only a panel on the drivers door for about the last 6 months...finally got a front passenger seat back in...anyway, pics soon.

Billy

r0cky - living off monster's and mountain dew...5 drawings down, 4 to go...then the meeting thurs am and all is good. I'll keep ya posted on the wheelchair plans.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:35 PM
Contributing Member

sounds pretty cool billy, and looks good. that's the first 4runner i've seen on 37s.

sometime when i'm up in the bay area, i'd love to check out your ride and hear what it sounds like to be surrounded by that kind of sound system.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by calrockx
sounds pretty cool billy, and looks good. that's the first 4runner i've seen on 37s.

sometime when i'm up in the bay area, i'd love to check out your ride and hear what it sounds like to be surrounded by that kind of sound system.
I will be down in so-cal a lot. My sister is in school at UCSB, and a ton of my friends are in the pomona/ontario/ventura/LA area. Plus the surf is no good up north.

We can connect for sure...time to get the hell outta montana.

Billy

Quick Reply: Spotted! Billy's 4th gen w/ 37's and new paint