Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Some pics of my Runner

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 08:24 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 or 5 in suspension, 3in body and 37s. (i helped with some of it) def not a noobie but might be a little rude sorry reid but that was kinda low, cant bash the guy just cause he has different goals for his truck
Old 09-28-2003, 08:51 PM

I don't know what gave you all the impression I had such different goals. I apologize if my rig is not up to alls standards. I have had it less than 4 months. As I said, I got great deals on all parts on the truck. The wheels mat look flashy, but they are light and I got them cheap. I am building as budget allows.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:19 PM

Don't get me wrong AFRunner. We've chosen pretty much the same road, starting out with a grill gaurd and tail-light gaurd combo before moving on to lift and bigger tires. My previous comment had nothing to do with your rig whatsoever.

As for the goals statement, I think that was just meant about keeping the rig as a clean daily driver vs. making it an all out trail rig like Reid (Statelax) did with his. Obviously his standards are for a rig to be all built up and ready for Tellico, but it's not his approval anyones after. NCSU4Runner is also within a month or so of putting a SFA in his rig too so that might also explain the "different goals" statement. I believe we are all building on a budget, atleast I know Jeremy and I are.

I love the color of your rig btw. Whats next on your list of mods? You ought to check out the NC Chapter of 4ROC and see if your interested. Even though we say NC, we've got one member from Columbia, SC and one who spends 9-months of the year in Savannah. Sorry if I contributed to the mis-understanding.

Btw, whats your position in the AF? I am considering doing the AF-ROTC program and trying for a scholarship in college next year.

Dave
Old 09-28-2003, 09:31 PM

Btw, whats your position in the AF? I am considering doing the AF-ROTC program and trying for a scholarship in college next year.

I'm enlisted in the AF and work on F-16. Go that route if you can. I wish I had stayed in school and done the officer thing. If nothing else, the pay difference is huge.

Whats next on your list of mods?

Probably body lift, maybe cornfed.

Sorry all for being irritable today. Normaly I play pretty well with others, although I still run with scissors sometimes.
Old 09-29-2003, 06:50 AM

I just think Mr. Laxative (statelax3) is jealous of your SWEET lookin ride
creative name, not funny, but creative

ok well now that every one is all rowdy about my comment i think you should understand why i said that. i dont think 4runners that have street tires should have brush guards. and i would not have chosen those particular rims. the pics were put up for people to voice their opnions. if u didnt like my opnion then all u had to do is ignore it. the owner AFRUNNER handled it better then the rest of you, and its his truck not yours. so ill post a pic of mine and you can flame away on mine, it wont hurt my feelings.....

If you wanna get back at him, don't call him a noobie, just call him a fat guy who played lacrosse for a ˟˟˟˟ty highschool (North Meck blows).
prolax, u make all city, all conf, and all state team in highschool?
u start at nc state? ok just makin sure hahaha
when u comin wheelin with me man?
Old 09-29-2003, 08:12 AM

too much hostility on Yotatech recently!

I love the GD bears AFrunner, I had a yellow one on my yakima fairing, but unfortunately the car wash took it off. I need to get a better one...
Old 09-29-2003, 08:31 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by prolax13
Keiser,

Unfortunately, Statelax isnt really a noobie. His rig is a 2nd Gen SAS'ed with about 8 inches of lift (correct me if I'm wrong). If you wanna get back at him, don't call him a noobie, just call him a fat guy who played lacrosse for a ˟˟˟˟ty highschool (North Meck blows).

Dave
I wasn't talking newbie to the toyota community, I was talking newbie to the "friendly" Yotatech community. check out his numbers.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:38 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by statelax3
ok well now that every one is all rowdy about my comment i think you should understand why i said that. i dont think 4runners that have street tires should have brush guards. and i would not have chosen those particular rims. the pics were put up for people to voice their opnions. if u didnt like my opnion then all u had to do is ignore it. the owner AFRUNNER handled it better then the rest of you, and its his truck not yours. so ill post a pic of mine and you can flame away on mine, it wont hurt my feelings.....
you came over from Pirate4x4 right?
Old 09-29-2003, 08:39 AM

i dont think 4runners that have street tires should have brush guards.

The AT tires came brand new when I bought it. I wish I had the money to throw away tires with less than 6000 miles on them.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:48 AM

C'mon guys this is ridiculous. This is yotatech not some juvenille delinquent forum.
AFRunner, you don't need to respond or justify your truck. You didn't post to defend every little detail on something you just bought a few months ago!

Instead of posting on this thread, if you are so proud of your built up truck just start a new thread that says ,"look at my badass truck".

I would hope all Toy truck owners are welcome without put-downs no matter what.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:06 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by FirstToy
C'mon guys this is ridiculous. This is yotatech not some juvenille delinquent forum.
AFRunner, you don't need to respond or justify your truck. You didn't post to defend every little detail on something you just bought a few months ago!

Instead of posting on this thread, if you are so proud of your built up truck just start a new thread that says ,"look at my badass truck".

I would hope all Toy truck owners are welcome without put-downs no matter what.
I have to agree, I don't recall him "asking for opinions." he simply posted to show off his pride and joy.

about the brush guard comment, I think they look good no matter what, I kind of like that look better than a jacked up rig with big wheels and a stock bumper.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:12 AM

you came over from Pirate4x4 right?
i guess, i mean thats where i post usually

I kind of like that look better than a jacked up rig with big wheels and a stock bumper
thats the diffrence between me and u, i go for function and wheeling and you go for looks.

ENGINE: K&N FIPK Intake w/Drycharger Wrap,Flex-a-lite,140a Alternator,Optima Blue,Borla Cat Back
SUSPENSION: PP Rear Coils,Bilsteins,E.S. Low Profile Bumpstops,OME Stabilizer,BFG TA KO 32x11.5 on stock alloys,Aisin Manual Hubs
WINDOW DRESSING: Bushwacker Flares,Smittybilt Brushguard,Nerfs and Tails,PIAA 520 Ions,PIAA 9004 Superwhite Headlights & wedge bulbs,Clear Corners & Bumper Lenses,'95 3rd Brake Light/Spoiler
INTERIOREI Alarm,Remote Start, Window Mods,Alpine Head,Fixed Mast,Huskys,Maglite Mod,Gentex Temp & Compass Mirror,2nd Driver Handle
all looks, no fab work or wheeling mods

92 SAS, 44044's, 5.29's, 37's, lockrite rear, limited slip front, warn 8274, longfields
all fab work and no look mods

i guess thats the diffrence, i chose function u chose "window dressing"
Old 09-29-2003, 10:40 AM
Contributing Member

Actually his will function much better that yours in many ways. Take driving cross country for example. You're is gonna eat gas, his is gonna be comfortable and get much better mpg than yours. Id much rather his than yours to drive to work as well. Nothing worse than having to fill up every 2 days
Old 09-29-2003, 10:49 AM

Man, this got ugly. "Can't we all just get along?!" If I had the dough, I got a list a mile long of stuff I would like. Some functional, some cosmetic. To each his own I guess. Family comes before fun, so I mod as I can afford.(Plus I got other costly hobbies ) Didn't mean to stir up so much crap. Iguess it just shows the passion everyone has for their rigs.
Old 09-29-2003, 11:16 AM
Contributing Member

Don't let the high school kid get you down. It's usually not like this at YotaTech.

Most of us arrive here 100% Stock and then slowly start Modding our Runners. We all have different goals and usually learn from each others experiences.
Old 09-29-2003, 11:21 AM

Originally posted by ALBPM
Don't let the high school kid get you down. It's usually not like this at YotaTech.

Most of us arrive here 100% Stock and then slowly start Modding our Runners. We all have different goals and usually learn from each others experiences.
very well put.
Old 09-29-2003, 12:24 PM

i hate to jump in with this as my first post here, but i've found this topic pretty amusing... i've been lurking here for a while, so i guess i'm not a complete newbie. i'm all for to each his own and all that with vehicles, and i realize i'll be in the minority with my statements, but you people DID purchase a 4wd off road oriented vehicle. make all the appearance mods you want and enjoy them, but don't complain when someone that's actually built their truck to improve off road ability doesn't like it. it's kinda like taking a sports car and putting a bunch of stuff on it to make it better offroad, then taking offense when the guy that's done alot to improve his 1/4 mile time says he doesn't like your car. statelax may have come across a little blunt, but i think that's the basic idea he was trying to get at. if road manners, ease for the kids to get in and out, etc. are THAT important to you then you probably shouldn't be driving an suv in the first place, especially not a 4wd one. seriously Cebby, anyone listing a 3rd brake light from a newer truck a mod has gotta expect a little ribbing... seems AFRunner took things in stride and wasn't bothered by the statement, so why are the rest of you? btw statelax, sweet driveway posuer shot with your "hardcore" rig.

Last edited by PoRunner; 09-29-2003 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-29-2003, 12:43 PM
Contributing Member

So you shouldnt have 4wd drive unless you go offroad?? Now there's a misinformed statement. Ever heard of SNOW, ICE, WATER?? SAFETY?? These are things that are encountered on a daily basis. An SUV does better in all of these categories for the most part than a minivan, truck, or even a sedan. Why wouldnt you want to be safe?? A fully modded for off-road SUV isnt going to perform pretty crappy under normal day to day driving conditions. Nothing like driving a spooled front and rear tuck

How is this like making a sports car off-road capable? Are you saying that these guys are making their 4Runners into sport cars?? Why, because they replaced the exhaust, bigger alternator, and an airfilter?? I would say %95 of hardcore offroaders do the same things...
Old 09-29-2003, 12:57 PM

Actually his will function much better that yours in many ways. Take driving cross country for example. You're is gonna eat gas, his is gonna be comfortable and get much better mpg than yours. Id much rather his than yours to drive to work as well. Nothing worse than having to fill up every 2 days
my runner is not my dd, so i guess there is no compareson for driving cross country.

Don't let the high school kid get you down
curious who on here is still in highschool?

Nothing like driving a spooled front and rear tuck
out of all the wheelers i know i dont knwo one with a spool or welded front end.

seems AFRunner took things in stride and wasn't bothered by the statement, so why are the rest of you
agreed, good goin afrunner for not gettin all worked up. i am glad u understand it was just an OPNION

sweet driveway posuer shot with your "hardcore" rig.
i dont take it off road so i couldnt put those pics up
Old 09-29-2003, 01:12 PM

What's the point in getting salty? Your opinion probably could have been stated in a more friendly way, but I'm sure not gonna loose sleep over it. I wish I had the means and priorities to build a hardcore trail rig, but such is life. I do dig your rig, and don't want others to start flaming on my behalf. I'm wearing my big-boy pants, so I can handle any comments about something as trivial as my truck. Everyone seems to keep missing the part were I do state that my ride goes offroad, it just has to pull double duty as a DD. Oh-well, guess I'll quit replying. Thanks for all the comments, both negative and positive, food for thought.

Quick Reply: Some pics of my Runner