Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

mp3's

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mp3's

Has anyone tried to connect an mp3 player to the stock radio (with navigation)? I just want to play them through the system. If I can get the information to show on the display, so much the better. I don't want to use the adapter in the cassette.

What options do I have?

Thanks,
Morry
Old 04-22-2003, 07:58 AM

humm....get a new aftermarket deck with mp3 player?
j/k, I have no clue.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:03 AM

what you want to do there is nothing that i know off and i very much doubt there is or will be anything. You could get a cd changer with mp3 capabilities with a controler with an fm modulator. So you will have to mount a small new screen somewhere in your car.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...=0&cc=01&avf=N

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...=0&cc=01&avf=N

Here are some examples, this is just about your only option . i would look around for a good deal and a brand you would like to purchase. Alpine is my fav but with this kind of stuff it doesnt really matter. Just to clear somehting up this setup will have NO connection to your existing headuit. THe fm modultor will transmit a signal on a specific fm station and you will tune to that station to pick up the music.

Chris
Old 04-22-2003, 09:16 AM

Apple has a wireless FM modulator.
Plug it in to your earphone jack on the MP3 player and tune your radio to the specified station.
Makes for a nice clean way of doing it, and you never leave the FM modulator in the car.
I don't know of any that you can view the songs on the MP3 player through the car stereo.

Todd
Old 04-22-2003, 06:25 PM

not too many options

I wanted to play my mp3's too, so far I just used a portable discman with mp3 capability and connected to the cassette plug it.Sound isn't the best. I tried the FM modulator wit it, but was a pain to stay tuned when you are driving around.ANd sound quality is bad too. I ran the wire from the cassette plug in through the dash mount and to the glove compartment so not too much wire hanging around.
My wish list will be a cd changer with mp3 capability .