Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Man i hate people

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny storey.

A few years ago me the wife and kids flew to Cali for Christmas. We had a new puppy so we asked our friends (and neighbors) to watch the house. Now you must forst understand we live in a very special neighborhood and we all know and watch out for each other. But if you miss a party you get got. The hood had a party while we were gone and they got us good. Since the weather was inclimate they TP's the INSIDE of our house. I don't mean just a little they used 22 rolls. It was in the microwave, in the shower, in the coffee pot. It was wrapped around the ceiling fan (15 feet up). It was in our bed IT WAS EVERYWHERE!!! I have never seen anything quite like it. We couldn't walk through the entry way there was so much white stuff.

Thank God they didn't use ours :O)
Tencast--
Old 06-19-2003, 10:35 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by SkyRat
The worst was the "wooden spoon." Man, I earned more than one of those spankings. The look in my mom's eyes when she broke her favorite wooden spoon over my butt was priceless. Later, it was painful.

:cry:
Man, that brings back some memories. My Italian grandparents and aunts used that. My other grandmother from Tennessee used to get a "switch" outside. "The belt" was my fathers tool of choice.

Anyways, yeah, lock your doors dude. Keeps honest people honest.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:47 AM
Contributing Member

Everytime I hear or read about an older generation ranting on the next I keep thinking of this quote:

"Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers."

- Socrates circa 420 BC

Of course, I have to agree w/ HBoss.
Kids are better or worse each time around.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:50 AM

Re: KIDS

Originally posted by TOR
Easy big fella, put the gun down.

Todd
Yeah killing them would be too quick & easy. You definitely want to castrate them to start with....

Oh and I know you guys will never believe it, but I'm so good I've never been spanked with a hand let alone a big strap. I'm the world's greatest kid

Last edited by Los Gatos?; 06-19-2003 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:59 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by JSB
But I was a street over one night hanging out with some neighbors, and he always drives too fast. Well one of the neighbors was tired of it and told him to slow down. Well his response was screw you, the speed limit it 30...get your kids out of the road. Which they weren't they were on the side walk.
I know what you are saying. I had that happen to me except I was the kid driving. I was driving down the road in a pretty nice neighborhood and this drunk mom yells at me to slow down because her kids were outside. I wasn't even speeding. I was going maybe 25 mph. I had exhaust on my truck(Ram) then and I'm sure she thought that I really had my foot into it. Well, the speed limit was 30 mph in the neighborhood. I even went back and checked. Then I went back over there to talk to one of the ladies and her dumb drunk bitch friend was on the phone with the cops reporting me. I was PISSED! I hadn't even done anything wrong. I didn't stick around very long after that.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to endanger any children. The way I look at it is if 30 mph is too fast for the road then get the speed limit changed. A road isn't a safe place for kids to play anyways. If a child gets run over and the driver is going 30 mph there isn't anything anyone can do to the driver because he was obeying the law.

As for the discipline thing, I got spanked and slapped once. Overall it wasn't much, but I was a pretty well behaved kid.

Later
Old 06-19-2003, 11:03 AM

Disapline today is differant then years ago.Today you have to worry that if you disapline your kids for acting up in the store some idiot on a servallance camera is gonna call the cops.Then b4 you know it your life is on CNN,and everyone says your a CHILD ABUSER!!!! take him to jail!!!I know my A** was kicked by my mom when I acted up,but nowadays you really have to be careful & I think kids know that.Punk kids that do what happed to you are punks but they know if they get caught nothing is going to happen to them.That's what has become of our society.
Old 06-19-2003, 11:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Atari,

Sucks man, I know what you're taking about. At the very least, you didn't get anything stolen. That would've been worse. I've had a few stereos stolen and there's nothing worse than having to go to both the glass repair shop and to the stereo shop---time is money and it sucks to have to schedule both.

Recently down here in a suburb of LA, 4 teen punks were stealing wheels from some dude's car. three of them were working on the car and the other dude was the getaway driver. well, the getaway driver didnt have a chance b/c the owner of the vehicle killed him right on the spot. i don't know the full details but this is what i heard on the radio on the way to work. a little over the top, but u know when it takes the police 30 minutes to respond to 911 calls, frustrated people might do stupid things.

bob
Old 06-19-2003, 11:16 AM
TOR

Kids

Yo 92, I don't care where mine are at when they misbehave they get it. We don't beat them but they will get a good slap on the leg or behind and as for the cops I could give a damn. They are my kids and the way I see it I would rather go to jail for disciplining them. Rather than having to go to the station to pick them up later becuase I didn't discipline them in first place.

Todd
Old 06-19-2003, 11:57 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Man i hate people

Originally posted by atarinaper
So some kids last night decide it would be funny to TP the inside of my truck, and now i have to clean it up.
Well, at least TP is easy to clean up. I mean, it's very flamable and all you have to do is drop a match in there and "poof" it's gone and you can't use an air compressor to blow all the soot out.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:44 PM
Contributing Member

My dad hit me one time when I was 5. I flushed his gold cuff-links down the toilet, so I think it was deserved.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:44 PM
Contributing Member

i never really got beaten, im 18 here i think the last time i was grounded was probably 5th grade? maybe i was just a good little boy, havent gotten in a fight, (thats been reported) since ehh kindergarden, when i bit some kid on the nose cuz he stole my bear. /shrug maybe im just weird, my parents would threaten me with not feeding me but thats bout it. Then again my good friend, his dad would throw a fit, hit him if he did anything wrong, now hes got 2 eye rings, his tongue pierced, 4 tatoos, spikes going from his upper neck down his spine, and 5/8 inch holes in his ears, hes on prozac, and drinks, smokes, weed. /shrug maybe to much discipline is a bad thing?
Old 06-19-2003, 01:06 PM
TOR

kids

To much discipline is bad. However none is the same thing. Some kids no matter what turn out bad or have problems thats just life and some of them need a good ass beating every once in a while. I know I did.

Todd
Old 06-19-2003, 02:58 PM

TOR,
I know how ya feel ,but I'd rather spend $$$ on my truck than on attorny's fee's gett my A** out of jail for doing what I think is right & what some people think is wrong.I just save it for the house.LOL I tell my kids your gonna get it on the when we get home.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:28 PM

Its too bad you can't leave your stuff alone for a few, only to have someone else screw with it
I guess its does boil down to proper upbringing.
Old 06-20-2003, 06:10 AM
JSB
Contributing Member

Originally posted by AgRunner06
I know what you are saying. I had that happen to me except I was the kid driving. I was driving down the road in a pretty nice neighborhood and this drunk mom yells at me to slow down because her kids were outside. I wasn't even speeding. I was going maybe 25 mph. I had exhaust on my truck(Ram) then and I'm sure she thought that I really had my foot into it. Well, the speed limit was 30 mph in the neighborhood. I even went back and checked. Then I went back over there to talk to one of the ladies and her dumb drunk bitch friend was on the phone with the cops reporting me. I was PISSED! I hadn't even done anything wrong. I didn't stick around very long after that.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to endanger any children. The way I look at it is if 30 mph is too fast for the road then get the speed limit changed. A road isn't a safe place for kids to play anyways. If a child gets run over and the driver is going 30 mph there isn't anything anyone can do to the driver because he was obeying the law.

As for the discipline thing, I got spanked and slapped once. Overall it wasn't much, but I was a pretty well behaved kid.

Later

I hear ya. Same thing happened to me one time whe I was like 19 or so. Except it was a off duty cop. He was a cop in my town though. He told me to slow down and I was evening going fast, but I had an exhaust that sounded like it. I stop and argued with him, and he gave me crap that he was trained in pacing cars speeds. I told him you can't pace some one standing on your porch. He said he could have a ticket issued, I told him there were my plates. He didn't do anything. I knew he wouldn't because I wasn't speeding. Later that week I saw him run a stop sign while drinking a miller light. (we lived on a corner, and I was sitting there when he came up to the stop sign) What an a$$. I know what your saying about some of these parents, but I live next door to this kid and see him everyday. All in all it depends on your up bringing. I think in todays day in age, with two income/career families day cares raise our kids.
Old 06-20-2003, 06:42 AM
Contributing Member

I went to visit my sister, who has a 4 year old son, about 6 months ago.

We went shopping and her son was being a showoff and trying to be bad in front of "uncle dan." He was whining and throwing a fit because he wanted her to buy him this and that.

Finally it got to be too much and she gave him a whipping right there in the store. Nothing bad, but enough to put some fear into the boy. I was pissed. I asked her how she could do such a thing, and this is what she said.

"I am 5ft 2, and some day he will be 6ft 2" and if he doesn't respect me now, he will beat me later"

There is a lot of truth to that. I hear stories all the time about kids who are 16 or 17 (or older) that beat the crap out of their mom.

Dan
Old 06-20-2003, 07:08 AM

I was spanked as a child.
Did I deserve it? YES.
Would I respect my parents if they did not enforce the rules? NO.

I think that there are too many STUPID people who think/say: "You shouldnt spank kids. That is barbaric! It teaches them violence!" That is a load of crap.
It teaches kids there are real consequences for their actions. Now, I do realize some kids are sensitive, and they can be disciplined without the rod. If thats the case, then great. But many kids are not that way, and they deserve to be paddled, switched or spooned.
For those kids, if you put them in their room for time-out, that teaches them nothing.

But I do believe in balance.
When you spank, you dont do it in anger. Cool off first. You explain to the child why you are about to spank them, that you are not doing it for fun, but they broke the rules, and they have to live with the consequences. You explain that you that you love them, and are doing it for their own good.

Sometimes it is the only way to get through to a child.
Old 06-20-2003, 07:13 AM
TOR

KIDS

Amen brother you hit it right on the head!

Todd
Old 06-20-2003, 07:23 AM

Cool

I think that there are too many STUPID people who think/say: "You shouldnt spank kids. That is barbaric! It teaches them violence!"
Well just call me Conan then, because my children will have one time to try me and guess who the winner will be?

Tor sad it best regarding the cops... I feel the exact same way. To anybody else that sees this kind of punishment as a bad thing, whenever you feed, clothe, and basically become a parent to my child then you can tell me what to/not to do. Until then go find a cure for world hunger and leave me the heck alone

My $0.02,

Outkast`
Old 06-20-2003, 07:47 AM
Contributing Member

What is happening these days?!

When I was a kid I got spanked for acting out, if I sassed my parents or grandpants I really got it... Up here in Can. our feds are trying to work out a new law that will either outlaw spanking entirely our set a limit Ie 3 swats with a bare hand. The problem is there are these limp wrists who are afraid of "emotionally scaring the child" running around...WTF... a few swats now and then does no harm to any child. Some parents are afraid to set limits or are to wrapped up in their own lives to be parents... I always knew where the line was drawn between having a little fun and going overboard. That being said there were kids in my hood who would have done a lot worse to your ride given half a chance I know i went to school with them... And it was only TP and you did sort of ask for it leaving your doors open all night...

Quick Reply: Man i hate people