Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I picked up my shiny new Grand Caravan rental today...I want to cry...The search for a new truck is on...
Old 08-09-2005, 07:53 PM

It's that way too fast...way too furious syndrome...Glad you're ok, sounds like a new 4Runner coming though. That's one thing to smile about!

Last edited by ctcost; 08-09-2005 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:15 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by msw0085
Well I picked up my shiny new Grand Caravan rental today...I want to cry...The search for a new truck is on...
Be carefull in the GC!!! when I was hit in my old Frontier, I got a GC rental and was hit in it the next day! Something about them being targets in DFW
Glad to hear your out and about. Are you looking new or Pre owned, I'm sure the board can help find you a ride quickly!
Old 08-10-2005, 06:52 AM

Glad to here that you are ok. Don't forget to make sure that the other person that was involved is ok as well.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:09 AM
Contributing Member

In regards to the other people, there were two parents and a six month old who were taken to the hospital. The mother and child were careflighted and the father taken by ambulance. The father and child were released that night, the mother is still in the hospital in stable condition. I have just found out that they dont have insurance at all and are hispanic...that really sucks because their car is absolutely totalled. I may find out what hospital she is in and see her. This wasnt their fault and I can only imagine what hospital bills she has...

I am looking for a preowned 3rd gen with 4x4...under $8k..still waiting on insurance to see exactly what I have to work with here.

I found out a few days ago that one of the racers was 50 years old...

Last edited by msw0085; 08-10-2005 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by msw0085
I found out a few days ago that one of the racers was 50 years old...
50!! WTF!!....Definitely go for big $$$. Don't be the nice guy. They arent gonna be nice to you. Glad youre O.K.
(I love this forum!!)
.....50......sheesh......what the hell ever....
Old 08-10-2005, 12:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
**ka-BLING!!**

That's actually very good news. Chances are he has good coverage and some $$ to pillage for the damages. A young punk in a ricer may not have even had insurance.

Ed

Last edited by Epic Ed; 08-10-2005 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Contributing Member

Wow how opportunistic can you sound?

msw:
Keep yourself in check. Get yourself covered and taken care of but be sure not to get greedy. Think periodically of the hispanic family and their plight. If you get greedy please do so on their behalf.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:22 PM
Contributing Member

Settle down... I was referring to the post above me.
Like I said, take care of yourself...
Old 08-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Contributing Member

I was just fixin to ask you if thats what you meant after i re read the whole thread...no flame intended
Old 08-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Contributing Member

buy a lottery ticket. You MUST have a guardian angel.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:47 PM

Im glad your okay you should find out who they are and beat their asses .. well that would be nice but its probley not you best move. Youll at least be able to make a nice new truck, and hopefully those punks get what they deserve street racing is so stupid I love racing and many motorsports. but save that shi* for the track (probley not in a 4runnner though ).

Last edited by davis10; 08-10-2005 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tacoma Dude
Wow how opportunistic can you sound?

msw:
Keep yourself in check. Get yourself covered and taken care of but be sure not to get greedy. Think periodically of the hispanic family and their plight. If you get greedy please do so on their behalf.
Oppotunistic? Please -- dude nearly got killed by a jackass who ran him off the road. He's fortunate to have a viable means for pursuing compensatory damages, rather than the worst case where the "racer" was some young punk without insurance. It's equally fortunate for the other family involved, and the attorneys involved will all handle what's a fair resolution. There really is no "getting greedy" involved -- Speed Racer's insurance company will make sure of that. I'm just happy for this guy that it sounds like there's going to be a well to dip into for going after fair compensation rather than having no hope of attaining monetary justice.

From what MSW indicates, his insurance company is only going to cover about $7000 worth of damages. After all the mods he has put into it, with that as a settlement he would be faced with a serious financial loss on the vehicle, alone, and would need to start from scratch funding the mods on his new vehicle. Those are funds that are currently slated to come out of his pocket.

From the description of the circumstances that caused this accident, MSW may have a very good case to pursue criminal or civil charges against the driver of the BMW. In a civil case, the BMW owners assets could be garnished in a financial settlement, and that is where MSW stand to come out with a fair shake as the result of this accident. And I think he should pursue that avenue of justice with a great amount of zeal. He deserves to be fairly compensated for property damages and medical bills, in addition to pain & suffering. That isn't getting greedy. It's the law.

Ed
Old 08-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Contributing Member

Big difference in attitude from "I got hit by a racer so I'll be taking my legal options and getting as much compensation as possible," and...
**ka-BLING!!**

That's actually very good news. Chances are he has good coverage and some $$ to pillage for the damages
I'm not saying that he shouldn't be compensated for what he's got coming. The first line of my post was "How opportunistic can you sound..."
Granted the rest of it was posted probably incorrectly - but I have an issue with people like the McDonald's hot coffee chick.

Don't get your shorts in a bunch. The "Kabling" was a major turn-off for me.

There was more but I'm not going to add fuel to the flame.

MSW:
I hope things turn out for you man. Be sure to post when you got your new ride in. Also, I'm not sure if other people have posted this already but be sure to consider getting a 2nd opinion if some of your aches and pains last a little longer. My friend had a cracked vertebra that went unnoticed for a year and a half while she was going to a chiropracter.

Ed:
Peace.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:02 PM
Contributing Member

everyone: thoughts and opinions on potential new rig http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

you locals back off! haha jk...
Negatives-
1.I am barely fluent with a stick..i DD'd (sort of) one night in a stick explorer and didnt stall it or mash gears, and im confident the learning curve will be short for me...
2. No Locker...which I guess I cant complain about too much given my budget and coming from 2wd...
3. Doesnt that look kinda low for a 4wd????
Old 08-10-2005, 05:04 PM
Banned

msw, you should buy my 4th gen. from me!
Old 08-10-2005, 05:05 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by r0cky
msw, you should buy my 4th gen. from me!

You ARE NOT going to sell it! How could you part with your baby?!?
Old 08-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Contributing Member

rocky, ill trade you my insurance check for your 4th gen...no questions asked...whaddya say?
Old 08-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Banned

tired of dealing with toyota dealerships, and tired of struggling with getting mods to work. just know that if you actually have a serious interest in taking a look at it, i'm local and you're more than invited to, msw.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Contributing Member

i really wish i had the means to take a serious look at it, because i def would...
just curious, where did you buy yours from? I bought mine from toyota of lewisville and they have been very generous and un-dealership like

Quick Reply: Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin...