Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by msw0085
Im not sure if they were racing or even "street racing" cars...
They'll always claim they weren't "racing", but to me, if you're trying to get from point 'A' to point 'B' faster than the other guy - you're racing. Let alone the fact that they knew they caused an accident and they took off...that's pretty lame, but since they got caught it's good that they ran: it's called leaving the scene of an accident and has a stiffer penalty than hanging out waiting for the cops.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Contributing Member

the accident investigator just told me that it is his opinion that they WERE racing and that they ran a red light/ stop sign...they now have both cars
Old 08-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blind 'Too
You know, a guy revved on me once when I was with my girlfriend, and I just let him go. Funny thing about that night...when we got home, my wee-wee hadn't shrunk a bit, so I really wasn't less of a man for not racing! Imagine that!

Pretty good there blind. Yeah I just don't get the whole racing deal, but I find it somewhat hypocritical when some people are posting how stupid it is when some other threads people are actually being flamed for condeming racing? Anyways sorry to hear about the morons hitting you and I hope they get what they deserved for just a few seconds of high speed pleasure.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:00 PM
Banned

i once got a ticket in my 4 door 93 toyota tercel for supposedly racing my friends jeep doing over 100 mph in a school zone at night....

i was speeding, however wasn't racing or going anywhere near 100 mph..... i fought the ticket and the comissioner in charge of traffic division said the cop was wrong and i was doing 35 in a 25.....
Old 08-04-2005, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
msw,

glad to hear you are ok. you can buy another 4runner. in fact, its actually nicer to start all over. i can personally vouch for that!

and i'm glad that the people/drivers who witnessed it caught the douche bags. don't be lenient: find a cut throat, aggressive lawyer and sue those bitches for everything they've got. they could've killed you and it looks like they almost killed some other people.

bob
DITTO!!!

It's this sort of irresponsible behavoir that has caused there to be such a dour shadow cast over what has historically been an accepted form of social interaction.

There is a proper and improper way to street race and those idiots chose the latter. Stupid, stupid people. They'd deserve it if they decide to crush their cars..., comparable justice if you ask me.

Last edited by 94x4; 08-04-2005 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:25 PM

Sure glad your and the others are alright, it could have been much worse. Back in the 70's two kids I know were drag raceing and hit a car broadside at over 100mph. Killed the two elderly people in it and they both walked away without a scratch but they both served a full 20 years in prison. Hope the judge nails these two jerks! Mike
Old 08-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Contributing Member

Wow! Just caught up on this! Glad you are ok! Now its time to collect cash and get a 4x4! Let me know if I can help, since I'm local, I'll do what I can. can't promise too much though!
Old 08-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Contributing Member

Good to hear you're recovering from all your injuries.

Take the punks for all they're worth, they give me a bad name.

I think insurance companies shouldn't cover accidents caused by street racing, think of how much our rates would drop!
Old 08-04-2005, 02:33 PM

Glad to hear you are ok and as Bob said:

don't be lenient: find a cut throat, aggressive lawyer and sue those bitches for everything they've got. they could've killed you and it looks like they almost killed some other people.

bob
Running away from an accident could be due to them panicking or simple afraid of DUI. Now that they are caught they will be in trouble anyway - Idiots.
Vi have a fair deal of road racing close to where I live. I find it incredible stupid to perform this kind of car racing on the street litterally 50 feet from someones back yard. Two or three times this spring someone overturned due to testing their "skill" in the curve close by my house. Hopefully no one was on the sidewalk at the time.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Contributing Member

Thank God your still alive. Very recently a car going down I70 lost control and got T boned by a tractor trailer rig. The person in the car died. Everyday on my way to work, I see the 80 foot long skid marks from where the tractor slammed on his brakes upon impact.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:42 PM

don't be lenient: find a cut throat, aggressive lawyer and sue those bitches for everything they've got. they could've killed you and it looks like they almost killed some other people.

bob
I can definitely agree with Bob on this one. Seven years ago I was struck from behind and "thought" that the insurance company would do what was right. Later that year I filed for bankruptcy after the insurance company decided not to pay: they refused the rental bill and no one told me for over 90 days, and they refused to pay my medical bills. That was the single most devastating time of my life.

Coincidentally, two years after the accident the adjuster that screwed me over was arrested for concocting one of the largest scams in San Diego when he authorized the pay out on two ficticious deaths with phony reports and doctor bills. That made me feel better...but I got screwed big time and it wasn't even my fault!

Go for big bucks, too. I didn't want money, so the attorneys I hired dropped me because it wasn't worth their time. I'm not saying be greedy, but if you try to be "reasonable" they will take full advantage of you...it's their job. I used to be a manager in a body shop and I've seen what they try to get away with.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:05 PM

sorry to hear what happened... hopefully everything works out in the end... but again... always remember it could of be alot worse...

remember web wheeling = research
Old 08-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Banned

Grateful that you're okay. A lot of us are local to you, so if you need anything, let us know!
Old 08-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Contributing Member

Location: Home: Aurora, CO; Work: The People's Republic of Denver
Originally Posted by stevrock
I think insurance companies shouldn't cover accidents caused by street racing, think of how much our rates would drop!
Actually, most insurance companies don't cover for losses to the insured vehicle due to racing, it's spelled out specifically in the "Exclusions" section, along with losses due to war, riot, and nuclear explosions!

Just be careful as some carriers will deny ALL claims, including liability (third party) claims, due to racing. Mostly smaller companies do this, but some larger ones might as well. Handle your loss through your insurance company (the Honda people will do the same) and then let the insurance companies battle it out. The get a good lawyer (not the guys who advertise on noon & late-night TV) and pursue them for all its worth, esp for bodily injury if they have the coverage and its a large enough policy. Sounds like a messy coverage & liability situation, glad I no longer have to deal with those things.

I'm just glad to hear that you and the people in the Honda are okay. As has been said, your rig can be replaced, you can't.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by rwmorrisonjr
Just be careful as some carriers will deny ALL claims, including liability (third party) claims, due to racing.
Let's see a source for that info.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Contributing Member

Location: Home: Aurora, CO; Work: The People's Republic of Denver
Being a former insurance adjuster, I've heard about this happening, even though I never personally denied a claim for it. That's why I recommended going through his carrier first so that at least his loss will be covered. Also, if the total damages exceed the coverage amounts of the racers's policies, then his and the Honda people's companies will have to subrogate for their share of the loss against two potentially different companies, and possibly coming out on the short end of the stick.

I should have written "...may try to deny all claims..." since my opinion could be contstrued as factually incorrect. My apologies, I stopped thinking like an adjuster a long time ago.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Contributing Member

I am very glad you are OK man.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Contributing Member

I just caught up on this thread...I'm sorry to hear about such an awful thing happening to you, glad that you are ok and are recovering nicely!

Sue those jacka$$es and get yourself a new rig!

And when you find that other birkenstock of yours, bash those little bastards over the head with it!

Fink
Old 08-05-2005, 09:57 AM
Contributing Member

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/matthe...e0.jpg&.src=ph

heres one of the pics i took from the towing place yesterday..the wreck is in the paper today ive been told so you locals can check it out there too..THANKS again for all you guys' support...everything seems to be going smoothly and timely...THANKS
Old 08-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Contributing Member

CRAP CRAP AND MORE CRAP that's one hard hit! and the car that hit you drove away???

thank god no one was in the passenger seat!

another faithful Yota gives it up for its owner!

Last edited by shiftless89; 08-05-2005 at 10:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin...