Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

I'm not a violent person, but....

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 01:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flecker, good for you. I wish more people would actually stand up and be adults. It always amazes me that people are willing to sell their dignity for a deductible or few bucks. Sad commentary on people today I guess.

I have a funny (no-so funny) "left the car at the dealer" story: My friend special ordered a Audi S4- This is that gazillion hp, twin turbo, 4WD euro-race A4. Paper plates, he brings it in for a checkup/oil change.

Goes back to the office and sees a high speed wipeout on the news. Seems like a Audi S4 was doing over 130mph when the driver lost control and totalled it on the freeway.

One guess who's S4 it was?

I've been involved in a hit-and-run. They hit me and ran, long story short there was very little damage but they ran like they were going to kill someone so I didn't get their license (children in their car while they were running red lights, stop signs and into opposing lanes of traffic) where are the cops when you need them right? Cost me $150 to fix the damage. That was 3 months ago. I'm not upset about it, just glad I'm ok and survived!

At this point, a scratch or paint rub would not upset me. Just a little elbow grease. Anyway glad it wasn't worse but it's nothing to get upset about, it's just a truck right?
Old 08-05-2003, 05:42 AM

Well I took a good long look at the damage last night. I'm amazed that there was no dent or crack of any kind. It's right on the corner of the bumper. The yellow paint looks like it can be buffed out but most of the scratches go right through to the plastic. Guess I should have got a Runner with the gray cladding afterall, huh?
Some of the stories you guys have are just crazy! FirstToy, I can't imagine how your friend must have felt after they totalled his S4! Who was driving it, a salesman or a mechanic?
There are a lot of people out there who have no business possessing a liscense. My girlfriend had a run of bad luck a few months ago with some of those people. We were driving through a parking lot looking for a spot when out of nowhere this old lady in a Crown Vic t-boned us. She didn't look when she was pulling out of her spot and drove straight into us, did $4000 worth of damage. TWO WEEKS after my girlfriend got her car back she was getting off the highway and had to stop at the end of the ramp due to traffic...a guy in a white van rearends her doing another $4000 worth of damage! :pat: The worst part of it is she only had 4 more payments on her car loan...thankfully they didn't total it. She's a very paranoid driver now, and rightfully so!
Old 08-05-2003, 07:32 AM
Contributing Member

Sorry to hear about your now truck. I know how it feels. It takes away the "newness" of your ride. Up until then, it was new. Now it is tainted. My wife got rear-ended in my truck a few months back. It came out of the body shop looking great, but I know that parts have been painted. It will never be "new" again.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:34 AM

I've had several hit-n'-runs.

One day I was driving my Boss' Isuzu Trooper toward a busy intersection. My lane was clear, traffic backed up in the lane on my right.
Stupid woman pulls out (in a beater Chevy Cutlass) w/out looking and got a Trooper down the length of her rear quarter-panel and door. Dented the end of the bumper and put ~ a 1" dent in the fender.

We pulled over, and her friend jumps out and says she's gonna call the police. The guy with me does the same.
A few minutes later Im looking around in the floorboards for a pen to write down her plate #, and when I look up, she's taking off. No way I could catch her with the 4Banger in it. No Plate number. That sucked.

Had a girl back into the side of my Subaru Impreza Outback. She took off, but 5 minutes later (I guess she felt bad), she came back and owned up to it.

But they're right. Once it's been painted, it's been violated. I sold it soon after.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:59 AM

Sorry about your mishap Silent Man. I was fortunate to have an honest person tag Runner in a Home Depot parking lot while I was inside shopping. Jeez.....I can't believe I just said that I was "fortunate" to have someone tag my Runner.....anyways, I posted my experience with the honest person here when it happened. While I couldn't beleive she had come inside, found me, admitted to the fact, AND said she would take care of it.....she couldn't believe that I spent time to get the parts and dent-doctor work done at wholesale costs in order to save her money. When we met so she could give me a check, I told her that since she was honest enough to let me know (and the fact that her husband was an ass and chewed her out by cell phone while we were standing there looking at the damage), I went the extra mile to keep her cost down so that it came in under her deductible so she didn't have to file an insurance claim.

Remember that something happens to every vehicle and you now can get past the 'paranoid-new' stage and start REALLY enjoying the Runner once you get it fixed.

David
Old 08-05-2003, 12:13 PM

that is an awesome story. I don't think people like that exist in socal.

I wish people were as decent as the woman that hit you and yourself!!