Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Anyone who has installed a wood dash kit on their 4runner...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 05:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone who has installed a wood dash kit on their 4runner...

In attempts to add a touch of style to my newly acquired 1998 4runner Limited, I ordered the wood dash kit from Jason Burtman (based on many of your recommendations). I received the wood dash kit yesterday, and it appears to be of high quality. Unfortunately, I ran into two snags while trying to install it in my 4runner. The first (less serious) problem involves the piece that goes around the steering column. I have an aftermarket alarm system, and this piece won't lay flush do to a dash mounted LED. I believe I visited a webpage where one of your customers drilled the kit piece from behind in order to accomodate the LED. Would you happen to know the link to this page? The second problem involves the passenger side front door ring and the driver side rear door ring. For some odd reason, the kit rings wouldn't completely adhere to the plastic of the vehicle. I cleaned, used alcohol and 3M primer just as I did for the rest of the pieces, but these kept falling off. Now I have two kit rings that are barely tacky on the back along with a mismatched interior. Is there any product I could pick up at Home Depot that I could apply to the backs in attempts to reinstall the door rings?
Old 05-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I would either remove and relocate the LEd somewhere else or remove it and drill a new hole.. I like the first idea myself..

As for the sticking part.. A) try a lot of heat.. Warm that puppy up and hear up the door handel. If that don't work, I would call Jason and ask him.. He may be able to work with you for a replacement..