Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Anyone use " Equal" in their tires instead of Lead weights ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Guys Yoda and Jason B , but the others and you know who you are... are you spanking the monkey as you type your Jack off ideas to the board, I'm not mad , I think it's funny how goofs such as yourselves talk smack ...ROTF&LOL
Old 03-01-2005, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Diggertoy
I hate it when people start ˟˟˟˟˟ for no reason, Rickf. I hate posting real questions on 4x4 boards only to have some wannabe from Pennsylvania, cop an attitude and spew his BS on the post. I know your type on these boards, you say something to be cute , and when people don't think your cool for saying it , they tell you about it and you immediately slam back.......your also the kind that probably has people around you tell you that if they wanted your opinion , they'd beat it out of you ! So go on an impress the mall cruisers in Pennsylvania, 'cause you've already shown your A$$ here and are now known for it
Hey, calm down. He's not starting (edit in) crap, he was just joking around. Granted it wasn't hillarious but that was also what I thought when I saw the title. Now just chill down and we'll be good.

Last edited by Racer944; 03-01-2005 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:19 PM

Location: Far western Kentucky (transplanted from central PA)
I hate it when people start ˟˟˟˟˟ for no reason, Rickf. I hate posting real questions on 4x4 boards only to have some wannabe from Pennsylvania, cop an attitude and spew his BS on the post. I know your type on these boards, you say something to be cute , and when people don't think your cool for saying it , they tell you about it and you immediately slam back.......your also the kind that probably has people around you tell you that if they wanted your opinion , they'd beat it out of you ! So go on an impress the mall cruisers in Pennsylvania, 'cause you've already shown your A$$ here and are now known for it
Hey, digger. Sorry for ruffling your feathers. really. I wasn't copping an attitude. Or at least I didn't mean to. So next time you read my BS, you'll know how not to react.

Last edited by Rick F.; 03-01-2005 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:23 PM

Thanks Guys Yoda and Jason B , but the others and you know who you are... are you spanking the monkey as you type your Jack off ideas to the board, I'm not mad , I think it's funny how goofs such as yourselves talk smack ...ROTF&LOL
I didn't talk smack at you Digger.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick F.
You must not have been laid recently!
I haven't either!! It should be illegal to go 2 months without sex....Now that I've blown by the stop sighn of too much information, good pun!!

Digger, grow up. Informative post yes, but you need to learn to chill. Next time take a deep breath and ignore any posts you see as pointless. Id have loved to see your reaction to people's posts had you started the 0-60 time poll for 2nd gens and not me...

Last edited by Bumpin' Yota; 03-01-2005 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:06 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Yoda
Found the stuff we use is called "counteract" balancing beads.
Web site listed on package is:
www.counteractbalancing.com
Yoda, how well does that stuff work?
Does it make any noise as well?
Old 03-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Contributing Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well I bought some Equal today. Found it in stock at Myers tire supply in OKC for about $1 an oz in the 12 oz bags. Filtered valve cores are $1.25 each. I'm going to try and pour it in through the valve stem with a tiny funnel. Wish me luck.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:45 PM

First of all I was talking about Rick F and Stegal984 and no one else, so don't trip , fellas
Old 03-01-2005, 06:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mt_goat
Well I bought some Equal today. Found it in stock at Myers tire supply in OKC for about $1 an oz in the 12 oz bags. Filtered valve cores are $1.25 each. I'm going to try and pour it in through the valve stem with a tiny funnel. Wish me luck.

Good luck! I've got a bent rim and some vibration issues too, so I'm quite interested in how it works out for you. Although my rims cost about 60 bux so I'm not sure if it's worth it as opposed to just swapping out the rim. I wonder how it effects MPG on highway and around town?
Old 03-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MTL_4runner
Yoda, how well does that stuff work?
Does it make any noise as well?
It seems to work good. Pop the bead on one side, stick the bag in, replace the valve core, and air it up. No sound at all. It is like sand. Might hear a little shuffling sound if any at all. The chart says 6 oz for 31/10.50 (our semi's use 12 oz per tire) I have NO idea what it costs, the buyer sends it to our shop and it gets installed.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Digger, calm down. It was just an innocent little pun. No need to devote 2 or 3 entire replies to something like that, especially a big ole rant. Next time just ignore it if it bothers you.

This is one of the friendliest 4x4 boards on the internet, everybody makes cute little jokes like that.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Contributing Member

these products look great, I have a bent rim too, would be great to have this stuff in there, as it constantly balances your tire. Now, to find a shop that will install something like this. Last decision, equal or counteract balancing? I'm getting new revos in a week or two, so ill see if I can get this stuff installed at the same time.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by dibble9012
these products look great, I have a bent rim too, would be great to have this stuff in there, as it constantly balances your tire. Now, to find a shop that will install something like this. Last decision, equal or counteract balancing? I'm getting new revos in a week or two, so ill see if I can get this stuff installed at the same time.
Both the Equal and Counteract websites will tell you where to buy their products. Just ask the seller who will install it.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:02 AM
Contributing Member

Well I ran into a little problem, the valve cores they sell to screen out the powder from leaving the tire are too long for my short valve stems and they only make the one size core. So now anytime I check my air pressure I will have to give it a shot of air to clear the powder off of the air seal. I could change to the longer valve stems but that means unmounting the tire which I really didn't want to do. :cry:

I was able to pour the stuff through the valve stem with a little funnel and a lot of tapping. It took about 10-12 mins to get 6 oz into one tire. The faster you tap the faster in goes in. Maybe a vibrator would make it go faster, you get tired of tapping after a while. Oh well, 3 more to go.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:06 AM

I live in the bay area of california, and I know that Les Schwab Tire centers does it for $ 25 a tire .....I know they are in 4 or 5 western states and I think about 400 stores.

OK Robin's Hood , I've stopped the replys no need to Phuc with me some more , so if you like to joke around then prepare for da ˟˟˟˟˟. Wasn't Robinhood found to have been gay running around in Tights , etc...? I saw something about that on the discovery channel !
Old 03-02-2005, 07:12 AM

Sounds like the best way is to dismount the tire, first put in their valve stems, which have the screens in them and you should be good to go. The sales rep at Equal told me that if you use regular valve stems that theirs a chance, that some of the product will get stuck in the valve allowing the tire to leak and thats why using their special valve core is the only way to fly !!!
Old 03-02-2005, 07:28 AM
Contributing Member

Let me just clairify, if you have normal size valve STEMS all you have to do is remove the valve CORE and screw in their valve core. I have the little short valve stems so their valve core won't work for me. $25 a tire is a lot more than I'm paying to do it myself. Total with the valve cores my way is $29 for all 4 tires (6oz in each tire).
Old 03-02-2005, 07:50 AM
Banned

Location: OmG, Hi2U !!! .... DANG, my chic's got some SEXY eyes.... among other things. WOOT WOOT !!
I live in the bay area of california, and I know that Les Schwab Tire centers does it for $ 25 a tire .....I know they are in 4 or 5 western states and I think about 400 stores.

OK Robin's Hood , I've stopped the replys no need to Phuc with me some more , so if you like to joke around then prepare for da ˟˟˟˟˟. Wasn't Robinhood found to have been gay running around in Tights , etc...? I saw something about that on the discovery channel !

lol... are you trying to make yourself look stupid ?

[thug] I guess " da ˟˟˟˟˟ " be on now YO !!!! betta watch yo self. [/thug]
Old 03-02-2005, 07:52 AM

I guess he hasn't gotten laid recently after all. CHILL OUT
Old 03-02-2005, 08:04 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Only has like 22 posts and already yells at a Mod Anyways... I have seen the powder method used and it does work an extent. Like someone else here say it takes care of static imbalances instead of dynamic imbalances *forgive me if it's vice versa* you can do the same with water but it's not recommended.

Quick Reply: Anyone use " Equal" in their tires instead of Lead weights ???