Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Anyone lowered their 4runner?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ornery

Definetly, needs center caps. I'd remove the running boards though. Otherwise not bad because it's done correctly. I wonder if it's supercharged?
Old 02-01-2008, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by ornery

I like some lowered 4Runners, just needs to be done properly...
He actually doesn't have the gold volks anymore. They went to trangk, who does have a few posts on the forum. His truck is sunfire red and WAS running a turbo on it. His engine went out recently and he's going to drop in a 5vzfe with a supercharger later on.

The black one is zubaltec's. He also posts on here. Since those wheels he bought some Enkei's and then now he's running black volks. I got a quote for those and they were $3500. I believe tires will run around $1000. I was pretty close to getting them too until my parents replaced my 3rd gen over the summer.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:17 AM

i just want to drop mine one inch. not to the ground and not through the wheel wells. JUST ONE INCH!!! mainly for handling purposes, and some thicker sway bars.

i already have a huge ass 85 toyota....
Old 02-01-2008, 10:53 AM

Does that MMM DROP 4Runner have no windshield in it oh and what happend to the corner lights ?
I could think of a lot of things to do with the money that went into that paint job (hmmm) like a set of 3500 Enkei wheels for my truck which by the way is stock height but I am looking into going up
Old 02-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Contributing Member

that is one sexy setup zubaltec. I wish i got some te37's and a stoptech bbk to boot.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok lowering a Toyota truck is a discrace to Toyota. You don't do something like that. Toyotas where not mean for that stupid lowrider crap they were meant for everything else but that prolly. So to all your lowered yotas GARBAGE!
Old 02-01-2008, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Kiroshu
Ok lowering a Toyota truck is a discrace to Toyota. You don't do something like that. Toyotas where not mean for that stupid lowrider crap they were meant for everything else but that prolly. So to all your lowered yotas GARBAGE!
Toyota's were meant for whatever there owner wants to do to them, whether they lower it or lift it, they have that option. However I think bagging a 4Runner looks retarded, some of you all are getting lowered and bagging mixed up.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Like i said "lowriders" are like ground touchers. That crap is freakin stupid.
Rain guards on windows
Old 02-03-2008, 08:41 AM

i agree with you about "ass"phalt scrapers. they are totally gay!!! but seeing as how i have a huge rockcrawler toyota on 40's i feel ok with lowering my near 300 hp daily driver 4runner. and that black runner is SICK SICK SICK!!!!!! what is that a 3-4in drop? i think i would like to do a 2.5in front and 2in rear drop now after seeing that runner.

i also like the old chrome bumpers being paint matched to the body. ive thought about doing that too. can you buy the stock bumpers without chrome??
Old 02-03-2008, 01:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Yotacool
i just want to drop mine one inch. not to the ground and not through the wheel wells. JUST ONE INCH!!! mainly for handling purposes, and some thicker sway bars.

i already have a huge ass 85 toyota....
I believe a company called "PP" (performance products? dunno, gadget has them) makes 1" lowering springs.
addco makes thicker front and rear swaybars.
the difference in handling will be amazing.

Kiroshu, seriously calm down dude, people can do what they want with their trucks. If i had alot of money, i would build a lowered 4runner to match my lifted one, like it's little brother.

Everyone has different tastes, and not everyone is going to agree with yours, some places, 4x4's aren't necessary.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Greg_Canada
I believe a company called "PP" (performance products? dunno, gadget has them) makes 1" lowering springs.
addco makes thicker front and rear swaybars.
the difference in handling will be amazing.

Kiroshu, seriously calm down dude, people can do what they want with their trucks. If i had alot of money, i would build a lowered 4runner to match my lifted one, like it's little brother.

Everyone has different tastes, and not everyone is going to agree with yours, some places, 4x4's aren't necessary.

yeah. thank you! my 85 rock crawler was born when i was and now he has a little brother that was born in 98.... we are one small, but happy family!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by tv4184
He actually doesn't have the gold volks anymore. They went to trangk, who does have a few posts on the forum. His truck is sunfire red and WAS running a turbo on it. His engine went out recently and he's going to drop in a 5vzfe with a supercharger later on.

The black one is zubaltec's. He also posts on here. Since those wheels he bought some Enkei's and then now he's running black volks. I got a quote for those and they were $3500. I believe tires will run around $1000. I was pretty close to getting them too until my parents replaced my 3rd gen over the summer.

So does anyone know what kind of suspension setup he had in that picture... spring/shocks and if everything else was an easy drop? I never really was thinking about it until I saw that picture. I wouldnt mind dropping it that low, or maybe a little higher.

There isnt much offroading in SW Florida, so I wouldnt have a problem

Last edited by aero; 02-07-2008 at 03:47 AM.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by aero
So does anyone know what kind of suspension setup he had in that picture... spring/shocks and if everything else was an easy drop? I never really was thinking about it until I saw that picture. I wouldnt mind dropping it that low, or maybe a little higher.

There isnt much offroading in SW Florida, so I wouldnt have a problem
I think he may have had 2wd springs or the PP lowering springs but the PP lowering springs only worked for 4wd models and they're pretty much like 2wd springs. I know that other members like NW4Runner had a setup if u search for his car. But you can get custom ones or eibach has a set of front lowering springs...some people had theirs cut as well. Cutting not so good though. You can try contacting NW4Runner though. He had the best street setup that I knew of.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:31 AM

yeah i would like to drop mine 2.5in in the front and 2in in the rear..... or something around that. not set on an exact number. the sick black one on volks doesnt show up on my work computer. but something a little higher than that would be perfect for me! since i live in colorado, so i dont want to make it into a plow.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by tv4184
I think he may have had 2wd springs or the PP lowering springs but the PP lowering springs only worked for 4wd models and they're pretty much like 2wd springs. I know that other members like NW4Runner had a setup if u search for his car. But you can get custom ones or eibach has a set of front lowering springs...some people had theirs cut as well. Cutting not so good though. You can try contacting NW4Runner though. He had the best street setup that I knew of.
Ok, thanks. I have a 2WD, so I guess the springs wont work for me. And nope... I wont be cutting springs.

edit: searched and only found 3 posts by him and no pictures worked I'll check out Eibach... but they only sell front lowering springs?

Last edited by aero; 02-07-2008 at 06:59 AM.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:24 AM

Low riders at for little boys who can't get up
Old 02-07-2008, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by bobs01sr5
Does that MMM DROP 4Runner have no windshield in it oh and what happend to the corner lights ?
I could think of a lot of things to do with the money that went into that paint job (hmmm) like a set of 3500 Enkei wheels for my truck which by the way is stock height but I am looking into going up
That runner has been in project form forever. It keeps changing owners but noone finishes it. I heard not long ago that the latest owner was parting it out. And as far as the paint, filler primer with some crafty black airbrushing, nothing more.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:05 AM

Well put some glass in it pop on some "normal" tires and it's good to go...oh yeah and a paint job :-)
Old 02-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Contributing Member

Funny you should ask...

I actually sold those springs to Zubaltec back in the day. I bought them before I found this site and was still in go fast mode when I bought my first 4Runner. Zubaltec's ride was S/C'd... he actually used (might still) work for this tuner, maybe you have heard of them... Titan Motorsports? At the time they used to have the fastest street legal supra in the US. He doesn't post here much b/c 9 times out of 10 everyone would flame him for not being on the lifted/muddy bandwagon.

Anyway, you could always just drop some stock 2wd springs in if you want to keep your stock ride. If you want a bit more handling I would go with the PP springs and some Bilstein HD shocks. I had the OME HD lift springs with the BilsteinHDs and that thing cornered like a go cart. And believe me... the road I used to drive to work was over 130 turns in 8mi and probably 1/3 of them were switch backs. Between that setup and the Revos that thing stuck like glue ESPCIALLY for a lifted truck. I can't imagine what it would do lowered slightly with some beefier sway bars. Honestly, I would start with a set of Bridgestone Duller AT Revos... for street use, I wouldn't buy anything else, especially when it comes to wet traction. Plus, they don't look TOO pansy.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by turboale
Funny you should ask...

I actually sold those springs to Zubaltec back in the day. I bought them before I found this site and was still in go fast mode when I bought my first 4Runner. Zubaltec's ride was S/C'd... he actually used (might still) work for this tuner, maybe you have heard of them... Titan Motorsports? At the time they used to have the fastest street legal supra in the US. He doesn't post here much b/c 9 times out of 10 everyone would flame him for not being on the lifted/muddy bandwagon.

Anyway, you could always just drop some stock 2wd springs in if you want to keep your stock ride. If you want a bit more handling I would go with the PP springs and some Bilstein HD shocks. I had the OME HD lift springs with the BilsteinHDs and that thing cornered like a go cart. And believe me... the road I used to drive to work was over 130 turns in 8mi and probably 1/3 of them were switch backs. Between that setup and the Revos that thing stuck like glue ESPCIALLY for a lifted truck. I can't imagine what it would do lowered slightly with some beefier sway bars. Honestly, I would start with a set of Bridgestone Duller AT Revos... for street use, I wouldn't buy anything else, especially when it comes to wet traction. Plus, they don't look TOO pansy.
yup, know of Titan. The latest car to go up there for tuning was a 500whp 400wtq Turbo S2000

I'll check out the PP springs and Bilstein shocks.

Quick Reply: Anyone lowered their 4runner?