Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Anyone here have this unique colored 4Runner?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats what i was thinking about the picture, damn what kind of phone is that?

F-ugly to say the least, reminds me of the purple and sea-foam tacos i see around occasionally, the drivers of those are def. chics or frat guys with pink shirts and popped collars.

Anthracite Metallic now that is good color... and black of course
Old 03-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by One_96TR4
That's a pretty good picture for a cell phone.
Originally Posted by thewjsand
Thats what i was thinking about the picture, damn what kind of phone is that?
Thanks! It's the SGH-A707...or also referred to as the Samsung SYNC. It's got a 2 MP camera with video record. That picture was taken using 1 MP. Of course it has all the bells & whistles standard and you can even watch TV on it, but I simply needed a new phone since my previous Sony Ericsson crapped out on me after 1yr of use. Plus the price wasn't bad...paid $50.00 for it.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:19 PM

THeres a lady in my town that has one. I see it every so often and call it the Aquafresh edition
Old 03-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Contributing Member

Tacky colors make for poor resale. you can get a deal on ugly color cars and trucks. I know a girl...she's not to bright, but she kept buying pink cars because they were significantly cheaper than the other colors.

I never understood why she kept buying 1500-2000 cars....she bought a pontiac sunfire, then a saturn coupe, and now she has some crappy mazda sedan (the first one that isn't pink). If she'd just waited she could have bought 1 nice car....I think she wrecked the pontiac though...eh, dumb purchases, never understood em.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Contributing Member

Received 465 Likes on 311 Posts
I can't say too much, since I drive a giant smurf.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Contributing Member

Looks like Reese Witherspoon took a crap on it, (Legally Blonde girl).
Old 03-04-2007, 04:45 AM

There may be some of us who hate that color but there are people who will love it too. Just like some of us hate blue for a Taco and some hate black or white and some love it. If we all liked the same color Tacoma it would be strange for sure, Mike
Old 03-04-2007, 04:54 AM

Too Chicky

Thats too chicky for me! Looks like it could be a Mary Kay dealer.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:38 AM

Kinda off topic but funny.

When I went to buy my 02, I saw another D-cab that looked awesome. Lifted, 32's, supercharger.... The color I thought was white. Luckily my wife was there and said "You dont want it.."

Later on she said the color was salmon, off pink.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:36 PM

Looks kinda ghey if you ask me.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:40 PM

its weird never seen this color till I was reading this thread and then today I see one driveing on Rodondo Beach in Washington.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:59 PM

I saw a tacoma today with that same color.. very ugly.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What is so wierd about that color? To me it looks like some sort of a silver....

but then again im red green color blind....so yeah exactly what color is it?
Old 03-04-2007, 05:45 PM

wow, thats the second one I have ever seen. I have only seen a handfull of bright blue 97-98's as well. maybe only 2 in person.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:19 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Bumpin' Yota
What is so wierd about that color? To me it looks like some sort of a silver....

but then again im red green color blind....so yeah exactly what color is it?
Glacier Metallic and it was only offered in 2001. Rare indeed.

It has silver cladding, but the overall body of the 4Runner is a "pastel blue-ish - green" color.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:55 AM

When you are color blind all of these trucks are grey or black.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
im not completely colorblind, only to red/green and blue/purples. (the latter led to some SERIOUS embarrasment back in high school.....lol...i digress)

But I see no blue in that truck, to me it looks whitish silver! lol

But then again green traffic lights look bright white (no green at all) and are like staring into a freakin flood light. Red just looks like blood red.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:46 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Bumpin' Yota
im not completely colorblind, only to red/green and blue/purples. (the latter led to some SERIOUS embarrasment back in high school.....lol...i digress)

But I see no blue in that truck, to me it looks whitish silver! lol

But then again green traffic lights look bright white (no green at all) and are like staring into a freakin flood light. Red just looks like blood red.
True, after looking at it again, I don't think it's got any blue in it either. If it does, it's minimal.

It's more a "minty" color. A very pastel green.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:58 PM

re: Glacier Metallic Your picture makes it look a little greener than it really is...more like a turquoise. Saw one (4Runner) at the Oakland dealership when I was shopping fall of 2000.
- Have a neighbor with Glacier Tacoma pickup. Did'nt know it's a one year color !
Old 03-11-2020, 04:40 PM

Cooler...than what I had...

I've seen it, it's odd green meets blue, but I suppose I like it better than what I had if just for the ability to at least commit to one actual shade. Although pictures and light seem to have a dramatic effect on older Toyota paint appearance, it's hard to tell. Remember those morph colors that were extra popular for a while on exotic or muscle cars? Plum crazy purple on a vintage dodge challenger perhaps. Those were awesome, sort of flowed and morphed between blue and purple depending on viewing angle. I have a guitar that does that. Personally I had a 2002 4Runner in Thundercloud "Grey?" With a similar if far less appealing end result. I think there were two versions of this color, as I've seen them referred to as simply "Thundercloud" and there appears to be a cool-ish grey one...and the one I had. Initially, in the first hour, I liked it (sort of) I told myself, as I told myself I'd paint over it eventually. Then I grew to more intensely dislike it...loved the little truck and still do even after selling it 5 years ago. But the color...soon turned to full-on hate. Again, I've seen some "Thundercloud" Toyota paint that did not inspire my rabid disdain...but what I had. It was basically taupe (only more light brown diarrhea color) mixed with purple, with a dollop of grey, metallic gold flake type thing thrown in because...well why not, you've gone and done the other terrible stuff. In certain light...actually any light...it had the ability to make me uncomfortable. It looked like a mistake mix...maybe it was from the factory, this would make sense that somebody was hungover and put the wrong colors in the mix. Looked great on pitch-black moonless nights. Mostly because it was terribly indecisive, are you tan, gold, grey, blue-brown? Then this purple...just in there...pushes you towards an odd non-commital color with clashing highlights. What the heck is wrong with this color? You know how colors impact people's mood, like how they paint prison and psych wards that sedated mild green or pink to calm the inmates? This mix managed to create anxiety and an awkward feeling that was undeniable. I fully realize they were going for that "steely grey purple-brown" that anvil-shaped clouds turn before dropping a lightning bolt or tornado on an unsuspecting rural community. I guess they got close...as it was indeed disquieting and odd, and consequently hard to look away, like right before the tornado touches ground next to your car and house kind of odd...and worse in photos. I don't miss that at all.

Last edited by David Allen Savary; 03-11-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone here have this unique colored 4Runner?