95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

22" NEW PICS...as promised

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flecker
Hey, no insult intended... just what you asked for. Opinions. peace out brudder
flecker-
hey, no insult was felt, i understand where you are coming from, and i am sure you have a good grip of my perspective by now as well. Yes, she will never again be a rock crawler, no doubt about that. I am not gonna lie and tell you I plan to wheel the hell outta the rig either, because I wont. There is much more to this project than meets the eye, and if I could explain, I would. I will admit that I am an overly defensive pos at times and would be better off just biting my lip...

Regardless, to each his own bro...I never expected rave reviews with the new setup, but public reaction is something that needs to be gauged in this scenario, and if I have to take a hit here or there, well thats just my job description.

I think we have both said our peace...later.

Billy
Old 04-30-2004, 07:11 AM
Contributing Member

I'm sorry I'm an a** but I wish I wouldn't have looked cause I think I need to poke my eyes out now.

So,you've made your truck slower,compromised it's handling for the sake of looks and made it not off roadable in one big swoop?
Sorry but my IMO it's looks kinda silly;the truck is great but those wheels sure take away from it.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:17 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by fourunnabilly
I think we have both said our peace...later.

Billy
For some reason I see you guys doing this at each other, as I see both uh "perspectives"

Old 04-30-2004, 07:41 AM

I really like the looks of the 22 on that beast. I was wondering have you noticed that it is slower now than befor because with your current set up I would not think it would be. Anyway the blower will take care of that. looks great keep up the good work.

later
Old 04-30-2004, 08:10 AM
lee
Contributing Member

just wanna repeat what i said in that other 22" thread...

i think people arent appreciating the fact that you wouldnt even know any of what hes done was possible if he hadnt done it.

i think your work on your rig has been nothing short of ballsy.. i mean, no one has ALL the bells and whistles you have. youve reworked the interior, the exterior, the sound system, the offroading ability and now youve blinged.

i dont know what youll do next, but ill bet its something we've never seen a 4th genner do. while i dont agree with the 22s, i enjoy that i now know what that looks like

---

id also like to take back that last statement. now that ive seen the math (thanks billy) i think thats pretty f-in' rockin. good stuff.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:22 AM
Contributing Member

Okay, before it gets out of hand and people start going crazy on this thread, lets clear some things up.

I don't think Billy intended to offroad (hardcore) his 4runner at any phase of his life. His vision has always been to make it look very much offroadable but in a streetable fashion. Kinda like one of those bling bling h2's but atleast his has the capability to do so His perspective has always been to baby his ride and make it look slick for the outside world of what a streetable SUV should look like.

Ofcourse, the offroaders will flame him for his work but you gotta admit he's done one hell of a job working on his truck. He has come along way to make his truck where it is just like any of us working on our trucks doing our own mods.

Just because we have users that don't appreciate the offroad world doesn't mean we must disapprove of their mods. Mods are mods, regardless of which direction they take it. Modding the 4runner in any way helps to bring in a better presence in the aftermarket world which means more stuff for us!!! We should all be praising his work for the craziness he's doing to show the aftermarket community that the 4runner can be modded and should have parts on the shelves.

Personally I think it looks kinda funny but you know what, it still looks dope. Way better than a H2 bling'd all out. Who knows where Billy's truck will go next but you can bet that he's setting a new trend on bling suv's doing it the right way using a 4runner and not a H2!!!
Old 04-30-2004, 09:07 AM
Banned

I agree... takes some good ole fashion guts to do what he's done. And maybe I wasn't seeing it clearly, his vision of what it should be to him.
Kudo's Billy!
Without such effort one may never understand what makes those Hyundai offroad vehicles so popular, or that Honda box thingy. One could never stand still long enough to appreciate the stream line looks of an H2 buried to it's axles on a set of twenny two's. Yes sir! This will be a landmark in time! The day Billy strutted a set of goofy wheels that made his truck, well the runner that it is! I feel compelled to run out and seek an escalade, or maybe a grand vitara! My life will never be the same... and I owe it all to Yotatech! "Let the offroad adventure begin". :pat:
Really, I just had to say that.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:10 AM

2nd grade math techniques of subtracting rim height from tire height does not even begin to tell a tires ability to protect the rim. Here's a diagram hinting what does enter the equation, + the total volume of air.

Diagram
(Yes that's to scale)
Old 04-30-2004, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by 4RUNR
2nd grade math techniques of subtracting rim height from tire height does not even begin to tell a tires ability to protect the rim. Here's a diagram hinting what does enter the equation, + the total volume of air.

Diagram
(Yes that's to scale)
4RUNR-
Hey, thanks for the diagram, that actually helps a lot in my opinion.

To the rest of ya-
I know I am off on my own little tangent that isnt going to be loved by the vast majority of the populous. I just enjoy pushing things to their max limit, and try my hardest along the way to make it look good as well as function to the best of each and every modification's potential. It is truly one of those damned if ya do, damned if ya dont scenarios.

Thanks a ton for all the insight and positivity as of late...enjoy your weekend.

Billy
Old 04-30-2004, 03:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who makes the rims
Old 04-30-2004, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by EDGE
Who makes the rims
Edge-
Helo is the name of the company. The model is the Helo Hawk. They measure 22x9.5"...thats bout it I think.

Billy
Old 04-30-2004, 07:39 PM

Looks good man..I like it....I didn't think I would by reading the title of the thread at first, but I was pleasantly surprised...way to be original with it.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:51 PM

I just dont know.....man..... humm.
Nope I dont dig it....Takes it off..it burns us.
Old 05-01-2004, 02:57 PM

10.0 on the Bling O Meter...

Last edited by platform389; 05-01-2004 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-01-2004, 03:01 PM

I love it! I should have posted awhile back, but I love the way it looks now! Keep up the good work, you just gotta learn how to ignore haters.
Old 05-01-2004, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Vato Loco
I love it! I should have posted awhile back, but I love the way it looks now! Keep up the good work, you just gotta learn how to ignore haters.
Vato-
Hey, thanks. I have ignored the so-called "haters" my entire life and could care less...their prob, not mine.

I've always been told though..."dont hate the playa, just hate the game"...

I am sure some more ridiculous mods are on the way...actually yeah, the stereo...lol...pics late next week, waiting on 6 more subs and 3 amps to arrive in the mail...thanks again.

Billy
Old 05-01-2004, 07:19 PM

Haters?

Since when are people not entitled to their own opinion?

If you can't tolerate an opposing opinion, why are you here?

You asked for it, take it for what its worth.

I don't like it. Does it matter? No, its not my vehicle, its yours.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by KING
Haters?

Since when are people not entitled to their own opinion?

If you can't tolerate an opposing opinion, why are you here?

You asked for it, take it for what its worth.

I don't like it. Does it matter? No, its not my vehicle, its yours.

King-
If what you are saying is directed toward me, you are out in left field bro. A blind man could have told you that anyone posting a lifted runner w/ 22's on here would draw some heat and stir up debate, etc. That was the goal from the beginning. If I couldnt take these "opposing opinions" that you speak of I would have just bought some 15" steel wheels, lifted it 3" and tossed on some 33" bfg a/t's.

My skin cannot be penetrated, and honestly, I thought the responses were gonna be a lot worse...it has been a pleasant surprise. I'm just around to help and show the rest of ya what is possible in my niche of the scene. You may want to re-read what you misunderstood and then maybe do it again.

If this isnt toward me...disregard everything I have said...if it is, grow some nuts kid.

Billy
Old 05-01-2004, 08:56 PM

I still vote that someone take your Toyota at night and replace with a Honda Pilot or something
Old 05-01-2004, 08:58 PM
Banned

I'm not a Hater! No one here should be hatin'...
Billy has his concept of what "his" truck should be, and I respect that. Opinions are just that, and it's his ride to do with what he wants. He did ask for feedback... good or bad and he got it. He took it with class and that's what it's all about.
So what's this about a sound system? How are you gonna squeeze subs in the doors? You custom making new panels, or what? And three amps! You got plans for some extra 12 volts in that rig? Fill us in!
And... way to not be afraid of getting down and dirty w/ something so new!

Quick Reply: 22" NEW PICS...as promised