86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

Mojave_Moze's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 04:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hows the blueberry? ever get the shocks?
Old 04-25-2011, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hm, well, maybe I should have labeled this "The Procrastination Thread" But instead I'm gonna blame my buddy who we shall call "Cam-Fab" For having such an oddball schedule. Because I currently have all necessary parts for the coil springs, just haven't had a chance.
Since its currently the best time of year to work outdoors, I'm gonna quit talkin about it and finally get something done here soon.
As an added bonus to the people still keeping up on this thread, I'll also be buying about 30ft of steel tubing next month. Hmmm...what could I be planning with That?

As far as "current" update. The Blueberry is running strong still, and the Herculiner is holding up pretty good to the elements.

And I'm back
Old 04-25-2011, 08:57 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
IT'S ALIVEEEEEEEEEE! HAHAHAHA. I'll be watching, ..glad you're ok

Hmmmm, steel, ..... Exo? Nahhh, .... Home Made Sliders and TG bumpers? hehe
Old 04-25-2011, 09:10 AM

No sliders yet. I'll have some rock bashers fabbed up if the nerf bars ever get ripped off, but until then they're staying bolted on. I'm looking more at anti bush/rock/bronco armor up front. and yes I said bronco, theres a story behind that. Which is funny cause "Cam Fab" is my fabricator buddy, and the owner of said bronco, lol

Definitely a baja tube bumper in the works, but the other tubing project shall remain a surprise until Its finished
Old 04-25-2011, 10:10 AM

I hate surprises, ...... hehe, ...jk, but NO, ACTUALLY, I'm not ,..... I don't like them, unless, like now, it's someone else. When it's my stuff? GRRRR! ...DON'T LIKE BEING SUPRISED.... ...unless it's a nice new gift or something! hahaha.

right on, sounds good, Moze!
Old 04-25-2011, 10:15 AM

I'll give you a hint. Both front fenders were badly damaged in kinda-recent offroad outtings, and need to be replaced...with something stronger
Old 04-27-2011, 10:45 PM

The countdown begins! I'll be buying/getting the .120 wall DOM tubing from a local fab shop one week from friday, then so long as my fab buddy isn't busy, we'll be getting a lot of work done on this old rig the same weekend! Just can't decide on either 1 1/4" tubing, or 1 1/2" tubing...
Old 05-08-2011, 12:27 PM

Gotta love delays...the only productive thing I got done thins weekend was replacing ball joints on my chevy >.< Because the fab shop didn't have the tubing I needed, and had to order it. So The 1 1/4" DOM .120 wall tubing will be getting picked up monday, but it won't be until next weekend that anything gets done. Thats the update for now folks
Old 05-09-2011, 11:58 AM

nice rig moze dont know why I didnt check out your build befor. lookin foward to your progress.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:18 PM

Yeah Jason, ....Moze is a go getter! lol. LOVE that color, btw, .....had a pick up same color, CHERRY condition!

Hey Moze... are we there yet? hahaa.

PS> I'm heading up through Mojave this summer for SURE! If you can, I'd love to meet up and just have lunch at least or something, k? Later tater!

Mark
Old 05-11-2011, 12:00 AM

Thanks Jason! Welcome to the thread! Now that its finally been reawakened, progress and pics should be rolling in soon!

Speaking if which, Looky Looky!

30ft of 1-1/4" .120 wall DOM tubing! Which this friday, will be getting welded to the rig!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:09 AM

That's a lot of tubing can't wait to see what you do with it.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:06 AM

Hey, MOZE, ...... THAT SMOG'S ABOUT TA'BURNYA! hahaha.

Hmmmm, somoene doing exo work? Dangit, ...I'm trying to remember w/out looking back..... could have sworn you said something about it.... DANG OLD MAN MEMORY! lol. Jk, mine is still pretty good! lol.

Ok, .... I'ma guess... a Custom thingymadoer for the rear of the truck, for putting on a soft top, etc? lol. ...........Sliders? haha
Old 05-12-2011, 02:21 PM

I could tell you, but the guessing game is more fun....and could actually give me ideas too, lol.

The Good news is: The tubing gets bent and welded on tomorrow, so by tomorrow evening there will be detailed build pics for your veiwing pleasure!

The other news (cause its not really bad news): Is I've come to realize, my front suspension needs a loooot of work. So I'm trying to get ahold of Nate from Blazeland to see if the Blazeland LT is still available, cause I heard the grapevine that he may have shut down, but that might just be a rumor. Heres hoping at least!

I'll post pics of my current upper and lower control arms to show why I want to replace em so bad.

Stay tuned folks!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:43 PM

Just to show Current status of my venerable rig; heres what my engine bay looks like....

What I did manage to find was THIS bad boy hiding in my garage! Blue top for the Blueberry!

and I know how bad the undercarriage of this rig looks like, but believe me, she runs very nicely offroad. Its a work in progress though, all the ugly parts and grease you see will eventually be getting cleaned up and everything will be getting sealed and cleaned! Got my garage cleaned out finally so this summer will be dedicated to my toyota and nothing else...except maybe buying a glock, but definitely everything else will be getting dumped into my runner!

aaand, passenger side upper control arm bushings...hence the need for replacement....

Old 05-13-2011, 03:49 AM

I don't even want to think about the front end on mine. I Just remembered the other day that the last time I wheeled mine something bent/broke in the steering never was sure what it was. Anyway you will get it I don't know much about the LT kit you were talking about but it sounds cool. Anxiously awaiting to see what you do with all that tubing.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:24 PM

Well, after about 10 hours, a pack of smokes, 3 hot metal burns and 15ft of DOm tubing later...We have one fender done. lol. We had a lot of interruptions and were mostly playing the fabrication by ear, so the front bumper and other fender will go a lot quicker next week I'm sure. But for those inquiring minds: HERES what all that tubing was for! Me and the fabricator were both very happy with the results! First Toyota Tube fenders I've ever seen:

Old 05-13-2011, 08:03 PM

moze that is way freekin cool awsome job, cant wait to see the other side done.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:31 PM

Very interesting, Moze.... great work thus far... Hope all of it goes without hitch!
Old 05-13-2011, 10:15 PM

Thanks guys! I've got more detailed build picks but couldnt upload them yet because we can't find the usb cable...

Quick Reply: Mojave_Moze's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread!