86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

Cody91 1988 4Runner Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry update

well been working a lot and have been driving the truck every day for a wile now .. after about a month after driving 25-30 miles in the morning to work and for work i turn the truck on and off like six time every morning sits for about 5-35 mine each time but i would shut the truck off for an hour and come out to start it and it just cranks..

After cranking for 2 -5 min short or long cranks u can smell gas from the tale pipe ... let it sit for 5 min try one more time and it starts right up ..

month later it got a little worse same drive time but now shut off for 30 min. same thing crank crank

so i got it going and drove to the parts store and got new plugs, cap/Rotr
got some oil and filter as i was do for a oil change.

went home changed it all out started and drove fine for a few weeks..with a few hickups not much tho

parked it at my farm barn and took the work truck for the day need to tow the tractor around.. after work hoped it the 4runner and it just cranked an hour went by of shaking, banging, wiggling and cleaning conecters and it just started

got home parked it came out next morning and it would not start... so i got out the tester and went to work... the TPS was dead i knew it was going out CEL came on a few times.. switched it out and she started and idled like a dream.. no more high idle , no popping and misfires throttle was good !

took it to work ran fine started like 20 time in a row in a few days. Than it was time to come home last week she would not start again so i had a spare coil with me ( the old one tested good ) so i changed it out for the hell of it .. started and ran fine went to the gas station on the way home turend it off (had to get gas) got gas hopped it crank .crank .crank ... Well S%*t ... pushed it into a spot

i clean all the grounds check the coil & Tps and line voltage for the key to the coil all checked out good. after an hour and a half of yelling and testing i tryed to start it ones more if it did not start i was going to get a ride .
hoped in turned the key crank VROOOMMMMM ... ok got it home ran fine.

parked it and let it sit over night. now it just cranks . still sitting in the same spot

When it starts it Runs like a champ.. you can bump start it just fine... (hard to do with no hills )

every thing is testing in spec form the Toyota FSM not the chilton i have the Full FSM on pdf on the ipad

went to check every thing over again and the Pickup coil was 179ohm 180ohms replace well i dont like buying parts that i dont know will fix it but at this point i might need to

all the wires are good never cuts out when driving/ idle good power for a 22re with 33s

Any help w or things im overlooking plz chime in !