Other Makes Cars/Trucks Own a different car or truck other than a Toyota?

Yota Tech, 1989 Camry help

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yota Tech, 1989 Camry help

On October 27th the Kwik kar here in Burleson, Texas "changed" the trans fluid in my A140E transmission that resides in my 1989 Toyota Camry LE Station wagon. I had heard some minor clunking going on, and my first guess was changing the tranny fluid, since it needed it (114k miles, not red, but not brown, kind of inbetween), thinking this would make it better.

I had it done, and it cost 50.61. I didn't bother to check the fluid level before I left. The clunking got worse, so I took it to the NTB in Burleson, TX and they said the motor mounts were bad. Aha! My problem is FIXED! They wanted 400$ to fix it, my mechanic did it for 125$ labor plus the cost of parts (75).

It didn't fix anything, although it did vibrate less at red lights in D. I'm totally clueless, and for the next 5 weeks I tear my hair out trying to diagnose why it's going CLUNK from 1st to second gear. This past weekend I check the fluid, and holy mohammed on a matso! The fluid is almost 6 inches above the F marks for hot and cold. It took me 5 minutes trying to get the tranny drain plug off. I'm not sure they even drained it! In reverse- the engine shutters, then moves, drops out of R, then goes back in.

I'm guessing those tards at Kwik Kar messed up my ride. I still have the receipt, as I keep a maintenance log of all work done on my ride (In the Marines we track everything on our tracks, pun intended, down to oil burned, fuel added/used). Of course, I did change the errant and excessive fluid, and now I really have no proof.

Now, do I need to start looking for new transmission or should I go take my gripe to the Kwik Kar management?

Your thoughts?

Last edited by fadedsun; 12-10-2010 at 05:54 PM.