Tires & Wheels Anything about tires and wheels

finally got my trxus mt's

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
finally got my trxus mt's

Okay i got two trxus mt's soo far, get the other two in about a week.

hopefully get these two mounted up tomorrow.

pretty new

Best part, all 4 tires for $600 brand new, just waiting for the other two to arrive at the store

size =33x12.50x15

taking place of these......

Last edited by 904_runner; 08-25-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:29 PM

sorry had resized these to large on photobucket, no affect of photo size, if mods want to resize them, go ahead. sorry not enough knowledge of photobucket!
Old 08-26-2008, 04:45 AM

Enjoy them, I am really happy with mine. Bit of a bitch to balance though.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 904_runner
Best part, all 4 tires for $600 brand new
Is that supposed to be a good deal?
Old 08-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Around here I would pay around 900+ for those tires
Old 08-26-2008, 07:18 PM

hey zombie, was yours kinda of weird driving on road at first?

this will be my first set of new tires so im not sure. i only got them mounted on the rear, since those were soo bad, they were bald, and completely horrible above 55, made the whole truck shake. ill get the other two up front in a week once they get to the shop.

idk what causes it, but when on the highway back home and around town, it felt like the back end was going to spin/maybe wash out on turns. my uncle said his old tires did that when they were new at the time and told me they just need to wear in?

Or would it possibly have to do with the rears being on 15x8 rims and the front (which are different tires) being on 15x10?

as of now, i put the front rancho 9000's on level 3 (1 being softest, 9 being stiffiest) and the rears on 9 and it feels okay to drive with.

is this somehting that goes away once the tire breaks in? or will it go away once all 4 tires are on? or will it always be like that?

Last edited by 904_runner; 08-26-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:47 AM

A number of different things could cause it to feel that way, tire pressure is a big one. Another thing to consider is that now you have big chunky treads that have a lot of "give" when you put lateral pressure on them. It could just be the mold releasing compound that is on new tires, usually wears off fairly quickly. I am quite happy with how mine perform on the highway and offroad.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:38 AM

okay thats good to know, it seems like its gotten better, after about 50 miles. Now that i am thinking about it, maybe it was just the locker causing that? not sure, but they look like they will do awesome!!! i can't wait to get them mounted up front too!

as far as the balancing, i got them done at schwab. they balanced out good, the rear tires that were on there were ticketable if a cop wanted to so i decided id throw them on now and not risk it. plus they were so out of shape/unbalanced, even with the trxus's it rides a bunch smoother, like i said i will edit this when i get all four on and let everyone know how i like them

can you comment on wear?
Old 08-27-2008, 10:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Truxus have worn ok, there not great for road wear. Up here in Canada with the amount of gravel road and sharp rock trails we have there getting beat up fast. I have about 20,000kms on them and there at 50% and showing lots of rock rash/chunking. They have blown me away though as far as performance and grip. Its all trade off's soft compund, great grip and crappy millage.

I would not say that my 4 wheeling is normal, I'm back in the bush as many weekends as I can (3+ times a month). Some of my trips are 3-4 days with out seeing paved road and. About 6000kms of the millage on them is off road. We have a lot of sharp rocks and gavel on the Forestry roads and most of the harder stuff is over shale and sharp granite rock.

I have to say that thise tires have never let me down, I have a few nasty side wall cuts that would have killed most others and there still going strong and not leaking.

My next set of tires will eather be Truxus or MTR's.

Jeremy

Last edited by Wheelingnoob; 08-27-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:48 AM

yea i want to test them out!!!!!! i feel kinda stupid running around with only two new tires/wheels, but hey, at least there is no more worry about have the old tires in the rear.

the hum isn't that bad either, well only with the rear two, but its not horrible.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by 904_runner
yea i want to test them out!!!!!! i feel kinda stupid running around with only two new tires/wheels, but hey, at least there is no more worry about have the old tires in the rear.

the hum isn't that bad either, well only with the rear two, but its not horrible.
Honestly after all the trail abuse and being 50% worn I still can hardly hear the tires. The seem to be very quiet on the road for the agressive tread. Just remember to rotate them each oil change.

Jeremy
Old 08-27-2008, 03:51 PM

sweet ill have to check em out on thursday.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Wheelingnoob
Honestly after all the trail abuse and being 50% worn I still can hardly hear the tires. The seem to be very quiet on the road for the agressive tread. Just remember to rotate them each oil change.

Jeremy
Are you smoking crack?? When Troy (~TC~) Had his it sounded like a fleat of bombers whenever we had them on. They were so loud we'd swap them only for wheeling... Then again he had the super swampers, so maybe the MT's are better
Old 08-27-2008, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lysmachia
Are you smoking crack?? When Troy (~TC~) Had his it sounded like a fleat of bombers whenever we had them on. They were so loud we'd swap them only for wheeling... Then again he had the super swampers, so maybe the MT's are better
I dunno, I'm with the other guy on this one. I've had boggers, swampers, thornbirds, iroks, trxus, hawgs, grapplers, baja belteds, baja mtz's, baja claws, xterrains, bfg m/t's, and many others. The trxus's were definitely some of the quietest aggressive tread tires I've ever owned.

But then again, one set of xterrains I had on my ol 89 4rnr could hum your brain straight out your ear. You could drive in my dodge which had nitto mud grapplers on it at the time next to the swampthing, and not even be able to hear the grapplers from inside the dodge! So one of my friends picked up a set of xterrains for his jeep thinking they'd be as loud as mine were, and they ended up being more quiet than m/t's.... I think its a luck of the draw sometimes.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:03 PM

Received 274 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally Posted by Lysmachia
Are you smoking crack??

Old 08-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by slacker

Good one. Maybe it is the luck of the draw, but we had friends who told us on CB they could not even HEAR us on the CB because the road noise was so obnoxious! :0

Maybe it'sd a perfect married tire... you don't have to talk... LOL
Old 08-27-2008, 06:21 PM

Hahaha very true. And I guess when your alignment goes toe in, they're giving each other that look. Toe out, they're not on speaking terms.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:30 PM

Yep the SSR's or super swampers did sound like a fleet of bombers. I liked it because it made the Land Rover trash I hung out with envious, or was because I got 18mpg to their 11 I don't remember. Oh and balancing anything Interco is a challenge I ended up trying to be buddy buddy with the balancing guy just so he wouldn't set my rig on fire.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:36 PM

these weren't too bad to balance, they ride pretty good, not much shaking at all, its from the other brand front tires i have at the moment.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:58 PM

10-4 and good to know These were on my list of tires I'd like to try. I Like the tread pattern and think they could be a contender for long trips that had offroad on the agenda cause who the hell wants to lug around an extra set of tires (TurboAle) Hehe I'm just jealous I didn't think of it.

Aaron

Quick Reply: finally got my trxus mt's