Maintenance & Repair Archives Note: This section will be merged in with the other tech areas soon, and is now closed

My experience...Meguiars sucks!!! I'm going back to Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 12:17 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience...Meguiars sucks!!! I'm going back to Zaino

I finally got a chance to clay, polish, and wax my Honda but i didn't go with Zaino because it's expensive stuff and would rather leave it to the Tundra. BIG MISTAKE!!!

here's the arsinel I used:
Just the bar, not any of the other crap, used liquid Dawn as my lube with the clay bar.

then

then waxed with the liquid version of

and used Mother's Showtime that came in the clay kit as a final sealer (really gave a good shine)

Now I may not have used the products intended, but with all this on the body, don't you think it should protect a little bit better? Although Meiguars does an equal job of shining up to the expectations of Zaino, it doesn't protect as well. Yesterday and today, I had my car parked near a tree and I got these yellow pollen drops on my car. Well on the Tundra when I used to drive it work, and get the yellow spots they would come off real easy with a simple jab at with a finger nail and underneath it, there would be no indication that anything was ever there, even with bird crap, it still would come off very easily with a hose.

Well the Honda with Meguiars is a different story. I barely got a spec of clear type bird crap yesterday (mind you I spent six hours on Saturday, claying, polishing 2 coats, waxing, and a simple protectant sealer). When I wiped it off with water, it left the indentation in the paint (remember there is wax on the body). Today, I found a couple of yellow pollen spots on the car, simply jabed it out with my fingernail, again left an indentation in the paint underneath. So with this in mind, I'm just gonna have to go back to Zaino, protects, and shines the best in my mind and my experience.

Photos to come soon of the marks on my body.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:56 PM

i always get yellow stains under those pollen craps. come off with scrubbing, but never takes any paint or indentations. i used the full 3 step on my truck, and the clay bar didnt seem to do crap for me.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mohamed,

Been there, done that! I concur. Zainos is the best.

Bob
Old 08-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Contributing Member

I agree, Meguires sucks.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:14 AM
Contributing Member

Try using the professional line, not that commerical crap!
Old 08-15-2004, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by SLC Punk
Try using the professional line, not that commerical crap!
Ditto. I have read that Megiuar's #16 paste wax is pretty durable. I have had good luck with Meguiar's. Gold Class is more of a show wax than a protection wax. I have been using NXT and it gives me GREAT results. I also regularly use their professional #6 and #7.

I would love to try Zaino, but too expensive and I don't like ordering. Durability isn't as important to me as I wax often. It is amazing stuff from what I hear though.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:08 AM

Nothing but Zaino on my 4Runner. Makes the Jade Mica look wet. Not to mention after last week at the Outer Banks, driving over dunes and dealing with ocean spray, I want the best protection I can get.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:36 PM

Zimiol is pretty good too. For the truck I use Nu Finish because it lasts forever and I Zimoil over that a few times a year. On the car that sits in the garage most of the time I use zimoil only and 3M swirl remover. Glass....
Old 09-01-2004, 09:25 PM
AUJWE

I used to use Megiuar's stuff but switched to Mother's a couple years ago and have been 'satisfied' with it but not overly impressed. I plan to try something new in the future, either Zaino's or Griot's. Also, I used Megiuar's NXT wax last time and was impressed with it. It has been a little over a month now and it is holding up good. My truck is outside all of the time too.