Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

SoCal Hungry Valley Trail Ride Sat. June 28th

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 01:23 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9am at In and Out works for me!
Old 06-12-2003, 01:27 PM

Right on.

We still need more people.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:48 AM
Contributing Member

Bump!!!

anyone else interested?!?!? btw the tunrda solutions guys might not be able to make it... they'll know the week of. :/

we'll see....I'm still going regardless

Lance
Old 06-19-2003, 07:53 AM

I think I convinced my cousin to go. He has a 2WD 3rd gen.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:55 AM
Contributing Member

that's cool

I have straps so we should be okay.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:09 AM

He took a week off last year and cruised Baja by himself.

He's pretty nutty.
Old 06-22-2003, 11:34 AM
Contributing Member

Guys:

I might not be able to go on saturday. I ran into some problems w/ my suspension and right now it's up on jackstands Hopefully I'll have time to fix the problem and get it back on the road asap!

I'll keep ya posted and I'll let ya know more by wednesday.

Lance
Old 06-23-2003, 09:13 AM

The more the merrier.

We'll just reschedule for another Sat. no big deal.
Keep us posted.

-Serge
Old 06-23-2003, 03:15 PM
Contributing Member

Okay here's my situation:

I ordered parts that needed to be replaced and it should arrive wed (special order). (But then again, everything is special order.. lol ) - darn new vehicles!

I'm gonna take a look tonight after work to see if I need to replace anything else. If it looks like all I need are the parts I ordered, I should be back on the road by wed night

So, looks like I'll make it anyway! hehe....

Lance
Old 06-23-2003, 03:26 PM

what's broken?

I've been to the dealer for my front support bushing squeak 2 times - it keeps coming back. Pissed me off. At least I know it's not serious problem now, when I first heard that noise I thought something broke in the suspension ...
Old 06-23-2003, 03:31 PM
Contributing Member

My driver side upper a-arm bolt came apart. Therefore I need to replace the bolt/retainer(2)/nut for the assembly.

Apparently it wasn't tigthened and therefore it came apart o well... no biggie

Didn't have a chance to see what else night have gotten busted when the top came apart so I'll have to take it deeper look tonight. Didn't have time yesterday when I towed it home.

Besides the obvious alignment check n stuff I'm just gonna do a triple check on all bolts/nuts that either have been touched/adjusted/removed etc etc.

I'm pretty sure it's my fault for the lack of double checking everything when removing parts... arg Since it's on stands right now, I"ll be able to check everything to make sure and also to some maintenance at the same time b4 this small trip

Cya all on saturday as planned!
Old 06-23-2003, 03:36 PM

What were you testing Lance?
Old 06-23-2003, 03:47 PM
Contributing Member

Not Testing:

More like removing shock assemby to have a new one designed/fabbed for production.

Since I'm working with both Downey and King, both mfg's need specs on the parts etc etc. I know neither of them has touched the upper a-arm assembly (not required to be removed/touched to take shock assembly out). So I know they didn't do anything wrong. Downey has offered to order the parts for me (so I can be back on the road asap) so that's a good thing.

I don't remember loosening up the upper a-arm assembly but maybe I did when I was checking out the specs on the front suspension. The only blame I have is on myself for not checking everything after each deassembly....

When I get home, I'm gonna deassemble the front again to make sure part by part everything is okay so I'll have a better indication on the condition by tonight. When I took a quick look yesterday I didn't see anything severe so I'm not that worried at the moment!

Just comes with the territory of moddin your vehicles sometimes the errors are just extreme could have been one too many beers when I was working jk

anyway, when I see ya on sat, I'll give ya guys the info on the stuff I'm working on
Old 06-23-2003, 04:15 PM

Right on man.

Serge
Old 06-23-2003, 09:39 PM

Question Plan B

Hey there Lance,

I live in Orange; I could easily cruise by you on my way North. If you don’t get your ride together by Saturday, I’d offer you my shotgun.

Hmmm…I’ve never met you, but your posts seem normal. You’re not psychotic or anything, are you? A Tundra cab can be a very small place.

Alan
Old 06-24-2003, 08:44 AM
Contributing Member

Alan:

Sounds like a plan. I got to work on my 4runner yesterday night and it looks like as soon as the parts come in, I'll be back on the road woo hoo!!

Since you're going, why don't we meet up somewhere and caravan together!

I live in Hacienda Heights right by the Puente Hills Mall. We should definitely meet up somewhere. Just let me know where you want to meet up. Also I'll PM you my cell if you are going for sure so we have a way of getting a hold of eachother on saturday morning.

As for me being crazy, nah I'm not crazy at all. Well I do get abit crazy when I try some trails that are way out of my league though. lol. Actually everyone here on this board is pretty cool I think I've met a few people thru this board, especially those guys in San Diego and they're all cool guys/gals!

Also for everyone:

Looks like we're gettin more people to go!!!

CB channel 4
FRS channel 4 subchannel 0 (for those who don't have the cool subchannels!)

Figure everyone should have either one or both

Lance
Old 06-24-2003, 10:14 AM

I don't have a CB ... I was looking into buying Cobra 29NWST CB [http://shop.store.yahoo.com/wirelesspro/29nwst.html] with Firestik Antenna, but I guess I'd have to get portable (hand-held unit) due to time constraints. Where's a good place to pick up one now? What other options are there?
Old 06-24-2003, 10:46 AM
Contributing Member

Not here to promote a specific store or anything but I went here and got my cool stuff

http://www.alfenterprises.com/index.html (they are not local unfortunately - but they ship pretty fast).

They're pretty fast and will help ya get the best possible product out of ya Not sure on the prices but most CB parts are relatively cheap so no worries there.

I have a handheld unit that's hooked up to an external antenna.

When I see ya on sat, I'll show ya my setup.

For the time being if you don't have a cb, as long as you have a frs or something we should be okay. No biggie though as the cb/frs is just for comms when we come to intersections n stuff

I have an extra frs u can borrow if needs be...
Old 06-24-2003, 11:44 AM

Post Radio check

Lance, a caravan sounds like good fun. Let’s do it.

I’m assuming you don’t need help wrenching on your truck, right? I’ll keep checking here on YotaTech to watch your progress. Depending on that, let’s do the cel phone thing at the end of the week and decide how/where to meet up.

Magil, I would suggest using Lance’s FRS for the day so you can see what the rest of us use, then decide what you like. I’ll have an extra FRS too, besides my CB, so we’re awash in those things. I’ve never used the FRS and I’d like to see how it performs, if you want to be a guinea pig.

Alan
Old 06-24-2003, 11:51 AM
Contributing Member

Alan:

Thanks for the offer on the wrenchathon But I'm good for now. I gotta pick up parts from Downey (they were able to pick up some bolts/nuts from the stealer for me - they're sooo nice!! gotta love em!). Anyway looks like it'll take me about 1hr to fix the junk I need to fix.. lol..

I'm already excited about going on saturday! woo hoo!!!

FRS radios should work fine. All my SD trips were okay using the frs. Had no problems at all so we should be okay .

Lance

Quick Reply: SoCal Hungry Valley Trail Ride Sat. June 28th