Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

SE4RJ3 May 11-14, 2006 at Tellico

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you know... D - O - N - E : as when hell freezes over...
Old 01-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by bamachem
you know... D - O - N - E : as when hell freezes over...

Old 01-19-2006, 05:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Thrillbilly
Will I be able to do some of the trails with out being locked?
You’ll be fine. I did all kinds of fun stuff with my 4Runner with IFS and no locker.

I would have tried Slick Rock at Tellico and would have made it up (all but the big ass ledge at the top) but for some reason I talked myself out of it.

Old 01-19-2006, 05:44 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by DH6twinotter
If you don't mind me riding shotgun, that would be great! Unless somebody else allready has dibs.

Hopefuly, wabbit will have his '85 done by then.

Unless Brett (dragr1) wants to ride shotgun I’ll have an open front seat. If he rides shotgun I've got 3 back seats .
Old 01-19-2006, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not worried about it to much, but I don't want to get out there and have to turn around. I'm notorious for doing things that I should not be able to and it normaly gets me into trouble.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Contributing Member

I'm not worried about it to much, but I don't want to get out there and have to turn around. I'm notorious for doing things that I should not be able to and it normaly gets me into trouble.
Yeah I would keep 2WD back at camp, it has a tendancy to get rough pretty quick there. I've got an open seat as well, and I will be doing Slickrock this time, finally with 33s I'm not that worried, I might need to be pulled over the last ledge though, I don't want to look like Ernie did after that ledge.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:10 PM

We interrupt this regularly scheduled program for some bragging time.

<Bragging on>
You’re talking to the “get his ass in deep” man himself. I signed up for a trail in Uwharrie that I might not have done. It was fun and took the IFS out in a blaze of glory.

The piece in the middle of that hub should be on the end of that axle.
<Bragging off>

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:12 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by Stump1883
Yeah I would keep 2WD back at camp, it has a tendancy to get rough pretty quick there. I've got an open seat as well, and I will be doing Slickrock this time, finally with 33s I'm not that worried, I might need to be pulled over the last ledge though, I don't want to look like Ernie did after that ledge.
He's got a 2WD Runner? If so, never mind leave it at camp.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:31 PM
Contributing Member

Put me down for sure. It will be me and Mary and the two heathen dogs in the Winnie.

Austin...If you want to swing by Conyers and take the '96 up there. It will be in the driveway.

Last edited by zman2day; 01-19-2006 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Banned

I talked w/ Danny today...catered meal will run $8-10 a person, so I'd rather leave the estimate at $10/person for the meal and $5/person for the raffle for a total of $15/person.

Catered meal will be BBQ/Grilled quarter chickens, beans, slaw, chips, drinks, and dessert or someting similar. Sounds like some good eating and it will be AWESOME after a hard day of wheeling not to have to cook a thing, just eat and and give away FREE stuff

There will be a couple bunk houses available and I'm still working on some other details, but I hope to start the "official" list soon.

I would "suggest" that if you are going to make reservations A.S.A.P. as the week after is a big TLCA run so the weekend prior when we are there might get filled up as they get there early.

Old 01-20-2006, 04:42 AM

I got 4wd, it's just not locked. I have the little transfer case shifter as my avatar.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:46 AM
Contributing Member

I got 4wd, it's just not locked. I have the little transfer case shifter as my avatar.
I don't think you will have much of a problem. They were talking about twinotter. he has a 2wd runner.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Contributing Member

I'll be making my reservations tomorrow or Monday.

Zman-I'll be interested to see the Winnie!-better get a spotter to get you around the curves the last couple of miles before camp! You reserved yet? We should have the Winnie and the Popup on consecutive sites b/c you know we'll be the hangout!

Wabbit-pay you the $15 now?

Yotaman-if there is a hard trail day then I might go shotgun that day.

Doc279-you pulling firewood duty again?

Everyone else-how many spouses/girlfriends are coming and will they be riding or staying at camp?
Old 01-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Banned

I'll put up a link when it all gets finalized for the registration...should be soon.

Old 01-20-2006, 06:35 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by dragr1

Zman-I'll be interested to see the Winnie!-better get a spotter to get you around the curves the last couple of miles before camp! You reserved yet? We should have the Winnie and the Popup on consecutive sites b/c you know we'll be the hangout!

Yotaman-if there is a hard trail day then I might go shotgun that day.

Everyone else-how many spouses/girlfriends are coming and will they be riding or staying at camp?
You planning to go March?
Old 01-20-2006, 06:36 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by yotaman
You planning to go March?

Not sure, it will be a last minute decision. If I do, I won't be there until late Friday night.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah, go figure. I somehow managed to get one of the first 2wd 4runners ever. Aint I lucky! :cry: Might be worth some $$ a million years from now.

Sounds like there may be some empty seats on the trail! Awesome! I guess I'll go ahead and plan on going, I just need to figure out when my exams end. I'll pitch in towards gas and intrance fees on the trails too.

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
Define "done".
Probably never. Hopefully "done" enough so we can see that sweet truck there though.

Last edited by DH6twinotter; 01-22-2006 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:11 PM
Contributing Member

[QUOTE=dragr1]I'll be making my reservations tomorrow or Monday.

QUOTE]

I can make mine today too. Im not sure how much has changed up there(as far as the campground...but lets try to get the farthest full hookup campsites from the Main Building... (Closer to everyone else then)

Z
Old 01-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Contributing Member

[QUOTE=zman2day]
Originally Posted by dragr1

QUOTE]

I can make mine today too. Im not sure how much has changed up there(as far as the campground...but lets try to get the farthest full hookup campsites from the Main Building... (Closer to everyone else then)

Z

Yes, agreed. I'll be calling tomorrow (Monday) morning and asking for a spot by you.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:42 AM
Contributing Member

Doc279-you pulling firewood duty again?

I'llbring some firewood with me but not a trailer load. Since Monica is coming for the first time I'll probably be pulling the pop -up camper.
She and Leon do not like sleeping in the tent.
I'm planning on making my reservation today - I'll get one next to you and Z-man - we can be party central - again

You bringing the baby ? Monica will prefer to stay in camp rather than wheel
and is a wonderful baby sitter - she is a mamaw !!!

Quick Reply: SE4RJ3 May 11-14, 2006 at Tellico