Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Evan's Creek - November 29th

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Gibby I had the red 02 Toyota drove with my feet and had the kid with "interesting" hair (Noah) video taping and taking pictures. If I knew anything about computers beside how to turn them on I would get the Video to you I'll work on getting you some pics.

Gbost
(Greg)
Old 12-03-2002, 08:42 AM

Trip report

OK the report is up. I hope it's all working. For those of you that are .new enabled the url is www.faithwheelers.club. For the rest of you it's http://207.202.208.243/faithwheelers/
Old 12-03-2002, 06:32 PM

Yes , I'd like to see Daryl drive over this with SAS , won't be long know, I got a call from Alcan today my springs are done Daryl D
Old 12-03-2002, 06:45 PM

Daryl, if you want some help with this, I've got a pretty well equipped shop including air tools, welders etc. We like to get a group together to tackle the problem.

If you want to have us do some of the work with you, let me know. If you just want the hangers welded on, we can do that for you as well.

Since it's all fresh in my brain from doing mine...

The hardest part of the whole project is cutting off the old IFS.

Do you have the front end already?
Old 12-03-2002, 07:11 PM

Dale, yes thanx I may take you up on that offer. Yes I do have the axle I need to decide between the ARB locker or Toyota E-locker .I have the E-locker for the rear. did I mention I am a Toyota tech. let me know if you need anything i can get good prices on parts. Daryl D
Old 12-03-2002, 08:20 PM

Alriiiight Daryl! Didn't take you long to get the ball rolling. I keep resisting the SAS, but the call is getting stronger and stronger. Once I get some other things done I will probably take the plunge
Old 12-03-2002, 09:04 PM

Scott, the SAS is fantastic, but the setup you have now is really impressing me for IFS. You have so much more travel than I had.

Little suggestion... Run that for a year or so. Get some trails under your belt until you find something to challenge you. So far, you've been able to do everything that I can do.

I'd be cutting off the back of that rig before I did anything else.
Old 12-04-2002, 06:09 AM

Hey Gibby,
Looks like faith wheelers is going to be a great site. how can I become a member of the club?

Gbost
Old 12-04-2002, 06:45 AM

Membership is easy. Currently, there is no cost and we don't expect to have one. Membership in the PNW4WDA is optional, but we recommend it.

You do have to be a Christian to be a member and if you're not, we can help you out with that too :o)
Old 12-04-2002, 07:50 AM

Sign me up saved October 1997
Old 12-04-2002, 02:53 PM

Yeah Baby!
Old 12-04-2002, 04:19 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by upndair
You do have to be a Christian to be a member and if you're not, we can help you out with that too :o)
Yikes! How terribly intolerant.
Old 12-04-2002, 04:37 PM

Rod, that's not intolerant at all, afterall it's a Christian club. It it were a men's club, would only allowing men be considered intolerant?

There are clubs for all sorts of special interests, this is another. Going on a club run or doing anything else with the club doesn't require any membership, anyone can go with us.

Nor do we tell people that they can't be in another club that also meets their needs, such as a Toyota Tacoma club.

A club is designed to bring people together with similar interests. This club has two primary areas of interest 1) serving God and 2) wheeling. If you're not a Christian the former isn't going to be a common interest, even if the latter is.

When we arrange trips, outings, events, etc, they have been and will be open to all.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:01 PM

Talking

It is no more intolerant than not being able to be an official member of a club because you don't have the type of vehicle that is required as it is with T.T.O.R.A.,which I am a member of, but just as with that club everyone who enjoys wheelin is invited to come out on runs and have a great time regardless of beliefs or vehicle type.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:20 PM
Contributing Member

Rod, that's not intolerant at all, afterall it's a Christian club. It it were a men's club, would only allowing men be considered intolerant?

When we arrange trips, outings, events, etc, they have been and will be open to all.
Well, actually, yes... in fact, organizations that allow only one sex have come under fire in recent years, as I am sure you are aware. To be a "Boy Scout", you don't even have to be a "boy" anymore

But, I am mostly just yanking your chain anyway It struck me as funny. Having been told in my formative years that christians were accepting of others it made for a funny juxtaposition to me to hear about an exclusive club...
Old 12-04-2002, 08:35 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Gbost
It is no more intolerant than not being able to be an official member of a club because you don't have the type of vehicle that is required as it is with T.T.O.R.A.,which I am a member of, but just as with that club everyone who enjoys wheelin is invited to come out on runs and have a great time regardless of beliefs or vehicle type.
So you are saying that your vehicle choice is just as major a life choice as your religion? Perhaps we can add that to the list of "protected" classes that it is illegal to descriminate against... Gender, Sexual Preference, Race, Age, Disability, Religion and Vehicle Choice.

It's interesting that religion is on that list... it's the only one there that is a choice and that you can do anything about. But, interestingly enough, there it is...

I think if you started a club that denied membership based upon any of the other traits listed there, you would have litigation on your hands.

So tell me, why is that one different?

(also, please read my previous post. I was yanking Gibby's chain and neither believe that he bears any ill will nor that I do)
Old 12-04-2002, 08:36 PM

I don't mind you yanking my chain it's actually an interesting discussion topic.

BTW I think Boy Scouts should be for Boys only.

I liken the argument/discussion to the point that a black man can wear a shirt that says Black Power and he's considered proud of his heritage, but if a white man wears a shirt that says White Power he's considered a racist.

But, this is probably is discussion for another forum

For a little friendly clarification, Christians are accepting of anyone who wants to be a Christian and we tell people "come as you are." Many think you have to be good to become a Christian which is completely untrue. You need to accept Jesus as your Lord and savior. Then you begin the journey (for some of us it's a long one) of becoming Christlike and growing in our relationship with Jesus. This is why we want to have a club of Christian wheelers so that we can talk about these issues, and bring them others who may have an interest. Our group may help to bring the church to people who may never have otherwise have been introduced to it. This club is one of our church's "small groups" and soon, we'll be a tough bunch o wheelers too. You can see how Skyjacker is impacting this market. I don't know why, but I think I'm being led to bring the Word to this segment of the population.

Off my soap box and flame suit on :o)
Old 12-04-2002, 08:46 PM
Contributing Member

I don't mind you yanking my chain it's actually an interesting discussion topic.

BTW I think Boy Scouts should be for Boys only.

I liken the argument/discussion to the point that a black man can wear a shirt that says Black Power and he's considered proud of his heritage, but if a white man wears a shirt that says White Power he's considered a racist.

But, this is probably is discussion for another forum

For a little friendly clarification, Christians are accepting of anyone who wants to be a Christian and we tell people "come as you are." Many think you have to be good to become a Christian which is completely untrue. You need to accept Jesus as your Lord and savior. Then you begin the journey (for some of us it's a long one) of becoming Christlike and growing in our relationship with Jesus. This is why we want to have a club of Christian wheelers so that we can talk about these issues, and bring them others who may have an interest. Our group may help to bring the church to people who may never have otherwise have been introduced to it. This club is one of our church's "small groups" and soon, we'll be a tough bunch o wheelers too. You can see how Skyjacker is impacting this market. I don't know why, but I think I'm being led to bring the Word to this segment of the population.

Off my soap box and flame suit on :o)
No flames coming, at least from my corner...

I like the shirt analogy. That has ALWAYS gotten my goat.

I suspect that your proclamation would make for an intersting legal case...

I could discuss this all night, but as you pointed out, it's likely better suited to a different forum or at least the off topic folder.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:20 PM

Hey guys,

I just wanted to say that I applaud anyone that is willing to stand up publicly for what they believe. Good for you. I wish I had the nerve to do that more.

Jim Bennett
Old 12-04-2002, 09:24 PM

Jim, I like people to know who I am and what I stand for. Rob is obviously the same. Even if we have a difference of opinion, about a fairly major topic we can still discuss with professionalism and go wheelin' when we're done.

I have to admit, that beside's the tough truck he's got, I think that's why I personally hit it off a little with Rob at the Greenwater run.

I can't wait till we get out and get a chance to actually wheel together on something that challengers our rigs and skills.

Quick Reply: Evan's Creek - November 29th