Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings
View Poll Results: Which do you like best ?
on the back?
25.00%
on the back ?
25.00%
on the back?
50.00%
maybe on the front?
0%
maybe on the front?
25.00%
maybe on the front?
75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

CO4RJ Logo designs

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CO4RJ Logo designs

please pick which one you like best
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
Old 06-18-2006, 07:41 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

i dont think this poll came out the way i thought it would, but you get the idea, we even thought about having 2 designs, one on the front (maybe on the left chest?) and one on the back.
With the "supporters" names and number on the bottom of the back.
let us know what you think.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:38 PM
Contributing Member

I want to help make next years logo, maybe incorporate my 3d model.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Contributing Member

I like #3 and #5.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:51 PM
Contributing Member

My main problem with 5 is that its a tacoma... isn't this the Colorado 4RUNNER jamboree? Its a great design, don't get me wrong... I know it was done by someone that knows illustrator very well and is a pro designer but I think it would look much better on a TORRA T-shirt than this application. It also is almost too professional, it look awesome on a business card!

My obvious vote is for #3, but #4 is ok but the purple HAS to go...

#2 would work well on the back, but I think it would look much better w/o all the excess and just the 4R with the obstacle would make it less "slap a photo on the back of a t-shirt" and more logo oriented....

Last edited by turboale; 06-18-2006 at 08:55 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:04 PM
Contributing Member

You can use this if you have a place for it.

Doesn't really look good too big although I have a bigger copy.

Old 06-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

turboale,
you are correct, its called the "4runner" jambore, but is open to "all" toyotas, I do understand what your saying thou.
but the purple HAS to go
Im sure that is possible, maybe make them green with snow capped tops ?? i dont know how hard that would be to change (i have no idea how that stuff works) we will see..
this poll close in a week.
John is stepping up and letting us use his Cafepress account (saving me head aches) Thankx John.

getitdone,
I want to help make next years logo,
heck yea, you can help, more people hgelping makes things easyier.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:08 PM
Contributing Member

Just out of curiosity...
Has anyone seen an actual cafepress printed t-shirt? I got the yotatech cafepress decal and I must say that I was quite disappointed... It looked like something I could have printed on my inkjet printer at home and lasted about as long too. I have yet to see one of their t-shirts so maybe they are different but if they are some iron-on t-shirt then I will contact Waskily Wabbit who is in charge of SE4RJ and who gets those T-Shirts made every year and see where he gets his done. I was quite impressed with the quality of those T-Shirts and I will do all the work necessary so you don't have to worry about it. It is worth it to me to have done right. All this work getting the logos done etc and to have them cheaply printed on some cheap T-shirt kind-of defeats the purpose for me ya know? Maybe I'm just a perfectionist...? Also, has anyone jumped on the Decal idea? I'd be happy to get Decals for everyone too. They would be simple monochromatic di-cut decals but we will have to start another thread about that. Sorry for posting this here, lets continue the printing process discussion in the main CO4RJ thread but since everyone is going to be looking at this thread I'll go ahead and leave this one post here.

Also Ric,
The poll is totally confusing... There are 4 options for the front and 4 for the rear? But there are 6 different logos...?

Last edited by turboale; 06-18-2006 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by turboale
Just out of curiosity...
Has anyone seen an actual cafepress printed t-shirt?
Since you asked...I actually have designed the logos and T-shirts and Stickers for every CO4RJ since the first one 5 years ago, and every year I have used Cafepress for the T-shirts (I still have some past years designs on my cafepress account if you care to see) I haven't ever heard anyone complain about the quality of their Cafepress T-shirts. With that said - yes they still use a type of heat transfer to apply the design to the garment but it is not as cheesy as the home bought iron on thing - I assure you. However, it's definitely not as good a screen printing but that's a whole different league - especially when talking about a 4 color design.

Now for my opinion...

This is (and always has been) a Toyota event not just a 4Runner event and that's why in the past I usually tried to make a logo that wasn't model or year specific - thus appealing to almost everyone. Does a 1st gen guy want a 3rd gen on his shirt and a 3rd gen guy want a 1st gen or tacoma, etc? I'm sure some people don't care as long as the design is cool. So in that case my vote would be for #5. If a "universal" type of logo is preferred then my vote is obviously for #4. And yes the purple can be changed - but ever heard of purple mountains majesty? Probably not in Georgia.

I think the best of both worlds would be to have #4 larger on the back and #5 smaller (like it is above) on the front.

john
Old 06-19-2006, 06:52 AM
Ric
Banned - User requested

Im with John, the shirts from last year are great t-shirts, I still wear mine, and still looks new (infact we are going to get some sweat shirts)

Also Ric,
The poll is totally confusing... There are 4 options for the front and 4 for the rear? But there are 6 different logos...?
I know, and Im sorry, please just vote on what 2 designs you all like the best.
and let us know which design you like best on either the front or rear.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:56 AM
Ric
Banned - User requested

this pic was sent to me (via PM)

they thought this would look nice on a t-shirt, what do you guys think ?
i think it looks better

BUT: we need to get this part done.... so that John has time to get what he needs done, and we can start ordering from Cafepress.
John, did I say Thank You ? for helping out

Last edited by Ric; 06-19-2006 at 06:57 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:46 AM

I love that there is no difference here between a logo and bad photo manipulation...
Old 06-19-2006, 10:01 AM
Ric
Banned - User requested

do you ever have anything nice to say ?
lets keep this civil, you you dont have anything nice to say, please keep your comments to yourself, these people are doing this out of good will, they are not asking for anything, and I for one appreciate that.
This is supose to be a "fun" time, lets not start off by bashing people. lets have a good time with this.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:07 AM

Wow, I definitly don't like my "design" (which CAN include a photo manipulation bad or not!) in negative. Part of the reason I did it was to capture the orange evening glow here in CO. I'm glad to see that no one seems to be voting for #1.

My vote is for #4 centered on front, either nothing or dates and a list of the sponsors on the back (not sure how to say that in the poll so saying it here). I think #4 would be a good decal as well.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ric
do you ever have anything nice to say ?
lets keep this civil, you you dont have anything nice to say, please keep your comments to yourself, these people are doing this out of good will, they are not asking for anything, and I for one appreciate that.
This is supose to be a "fun" time, lets not start off by bashing people. lets have a good time with this.

No, I don't have anything nice to say

Ever... bitch
Old 06-19-2006, 03:19 PM

Logo

I like #4 for the back of shirt and #5 for the front side (small).
Thank you to the designers who have taken the time to design these logos. I for one applaud your talent.
I agree with Ric and John, I have purchased 3 shirts for the Jamborees from Cafe Press and also have my own shop which have purchased about 15 shirts and have never had any problems with the iron on. They seem to have good quality.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Mojo_Risin
I have used Cafepress for the T-shirts (I still have some past years designs on my cafepress account if you care to see) I haven't ever heard anyone complain about the quality of their Cafepress T-shirts.
Thats cool,
Just making sure that everyone was getting a quality product, as I said... the only cafepress product I had seen was a decal and thats quite different than a T-Shirt.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I have one of every design John has done. Simply awesome work on his part. That's my barometer - if I like the logo, I'll buy a shirt.

Of what I've seen here - there needs to be further development of what's here or some new entries. I'm just not feelin' it (yet).

Keep at it...
Old 06-19-2006, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cebby
I think I have one of every design John has done. Simply awesome work on his part. That's my barometer - if I like the logo, I'll buy a shirt.

Of what I've seen here - there needs to be further development of what's here or some new entries. I'm just not feelin' it (yet).

Keep at it...
Wow. Thanks. One of the above is my work (or maybe you knew that) - but I welcome the crtitique - might need a little more development.

John
Old 06-19-2006, 06:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have 3 or so shirts John designed. Mostly because of the design and the time. My artsy side doesn't come out in that arena. One of the early shirts ALWAYS comes camping and gets the hell kicked out of it, still rocking after 3 years of abuse.

The BEST logo I have seen was the pucker gauge. That was an all time favorite. Too bad that sticker pooped out.

On shirts, those fancy pics will look like hell. Something like 3, 4, or 6 appeal to my eyes and likely will come out "better"

Taco versus Runner? I would hazard a guess 3rd Gen runners will out number all else 3 to 1. That is how it has always been. Personally, I like the body style of those trucks a lot, so I will not twist my knickers for one versus the other.

Quick Reply: CO4RJ Logo designs