Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Any Oregon offroaders?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live in the Beaverton area. I've only had my Toyota for a few months, but have been to browns camp a few times. Always looking for an excuse to go wheelin.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:19 AM

If your interested Gitout.com has a wheeling trip just about every weekend. They are Portland based guys but they go all over Washington including a very soon central Oregon wheeling trip. Check it out they are a very active group and a cool bunch of guys.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:29 AM

Thanks, I'll register now!
Old 09-13-2012, 05:16 PM

In Boring OR,

I haven't gotten to go up with my new yota yet my buddies rig is down for maintenance...
Old 09-14-2012, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks I'll check that out, also if the Portland area guys wanna get something goin I'd be up for a trip to browns camp or wherever else. Same to the Bend/Redmond guys, I come down quite a bit due to work and family if anyone's interested.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:15 AM

yes gitout is great im in vancouv atm i would be dwn fer anythhin
Old 09-18-2012, 09:37 PM

Haven't posted here in ages but you guys should check out 4wheelin.ning.com
Almost all of us are in the Portland area and we go wheelin' regularly about every other weekend, mostly at Browns Camp. It's free to join the site, and we post up an event every time one of us is heading out, and you are welcome to as well. Plus, most of us have Toyotas

Also, here is an upcoming event that you guys would probably be interested in: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/...ctober-258973/
Old 09-23-2012, 06:57 PM

Threads old, but im over here in sandy.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:48 PM

Great wheeling outside Klamath Falls. Had a great time when I was there. Something for you guys down south/central to think about.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:15 AM

Snow wheeling this weekend

I know this thread is old but I am trying to head up to Goat Mt. this weekend if anyone is interested.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:30 AM

Anybody down here in the brookings area? Traded my built 04 tacoma for a stock 95 runner with a 3.4 swap, can make a drive to Medford for a run just gotta plan a few weeks in advance..
Old 12-08-2012, 02:37 PM

hey spikeophant and mudd duck1. going to be making some snow runs as soon as the snow flies. i will let you guys know exactly when when i know. would love to have you guys join us.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Badger62811
Great wheeling outside Klamath Falls. Had a great time when I was there. Something for you guys down south/central to think about.
Thanks for the info! Just moved to Klamath Falls, so I've been looking for some good trails. Nothing too crazy though, I have a Trekker so the fiberglass can't take too much wheelin'. I've been eying up the trails leading up to the T in the O at Oregon Tech... Haven't seen anybody up there but the trails are there...

Very enticing.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by trevorthetrekker
Thanks for the info! Just moved to Klamath Falls, so I've been looking for some good trails. Nothing too crazy though, I have a Trekker so the fiberglass can't take too much wheelin'. I've been eying up the trails leading up to the T in the O at Oregon Tech... Haven't seen anybody up there but the trails are there...

Very enticing.
It's fun, but watch out for campus patrol. They see your head lights and wait at the bottom of the hill.

Ask me how I know...

Erich
Old 01-24-2013, 02:42 PM

Seriously? What do they get you for? Trespassing?
Old 01-24-2013, 02:52 PM

Seriously? What do they get you for? Trespassing?
Yeah, some of its private property, the rest is "closed to unauthorized vehicles".

I got a warning, but they watched it really closely. I'm not saying it stopped me, I just got more careful after that, lol!

There is a TON of forest service roads outside of town. Pick a direction and you can drive for hours. I really liked driving north on 97 then heading east up into the hills just past Hagelstein County Park. The dirt road switch backs up the hillside and then it drops down and there are spur roads all over. We used to go shooting up there in an open meadow. Also had bonne fires there as well.

Funny story, we were clearing the area around our fire pit, making it flatter and stuff so we could sit around, etc. and we had a Forest Service cop come up and hassle us. Checked our ID's and stuff and we asked what we did wrong. He said we weren't allowed to dig. We showed him we were just leveling the ground and not really "digging". He looks around for signs of a body or something and finally grumbles and says, "no digging." I asked him what else wasn't allowed. He said pretty much anything was okay, but no digging, lol!

Erich

Last edited by Erich_870; 01-24-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:07 PM

Crazy! I've been wondering why I haven't seen more people up there!

So, after Hagelstein Park, did you mean head east? Looking at TOPO maps, not seeing much to the west until you cross Klamath Lake and head into Sky Lakes Wilderness...

That's not too surprising about the Forest Service cop, it seems like they all have their own pet peeves. Recently I ran into one and he insisted I had weed on me when I did not. Yours was all about DIGGING, of all things? Maybe there was a mineral claim nearby or something. Crazy federales!

Thanks so much for the information! I'm assuming you're no longer in Oregon; you in Juneau? There is a dude in my statistics class who mentioned moving to AK in a few weeks... any relation?
Old 01-24-2013, 03:12 PM

Crazy! I've been wondering why I haven't seen more people up there!

So, after Hagelstein Park, did you mean head east? Looking at TOPO maps, not seeing much to the west until you cross Klamath Lake and head into Sky Lakes Wilderness...

That's not too surprising about the Forest Service cop, it seems like they all have their own pet peeves. Recently I ran into one and he insisted I had weed on me when I did not. Yours was all about DIGGING, of all things? Maybe there was a mineral claim nearby or something. Crazy federales!

Thanks so much for the information! I'm assuming you're no longer in Oregon; you in Juneau? There is a dude in my statistics class who mentioned moving to AK in a few weeks... any relation?
You're right, I meant east. (fixed it up above)

Mineral rights, burying bodies, he didn't say what he was worried about. He was the digging Nazi, "No Digging Fo You!!"

I moved up to Juneau after graduation in 2005. I'm originally from Hillsboro, west of Portland, so no relation to the dude in statistics.

What’s your major?

Erich
Old 01-24-2013, 03:24 PM

hahaha NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Jealous on your move to AK, been wanting to move there for years. Hopefully after graduation...

Lived in Portland for the last 5 or 6 years, got tired of the big city, so moved to KF; going to OIT for the dual Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering degrees. Linking it here so far... yourself?
Old 01-24-2013, 03:42 PM

hahaha NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Jealous on your move to AK, been wanting to move there for years. Hopefully after graduation...

Lived in Portland for the last 5 or 6 years, got tired of the big city, so moved to KF; going to OIT for the dual Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering degrees. Linking it here so far... yourself?
I have a friend who graduated with the mech/manufacturing degree. He's doing some cool stuff these days. http://www.deadnutsdesignco.com/

I got my Civil Engineering degree and hooked up with a Juneau engineering firm that saw my resume on the school's career services website.

I only planned to stay 4 years until I got my PE then do something else. Well, it's been 7, I left the firm but stayed in town, got married and am raising a family, so this is home for the foreseeable future.

Erich

Quick Reply: Any Oregon offroaders?