FJ Cruiser 2007 & on

New FJ Cruiser to be released.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thought this would be a worthy follow up to this thread:

"Don't miss the unveiling of the all-new FJ Cruiser, LIVE on Feb. 9 at 7:15am PST."

Direct from www.toyota.com.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by r854rnr
Thought this would be a worthy follow up to this thread:

"Don't miss the unveiling of the all-new FJ Cruiser, LIVE on Feb. 9 at 7:15am PST."

Direct from www.toyota.com.

Tommorow... can't wait. Its at 10:15 ET.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:51 AM
Contributing Member

Only 1.5 hours left...
Old 02-09-2005, 06:12 AM
Contributing Member

only 4 min left...
Old 02-09-2005, 06:17 AM
lee
Contributing Member

all i see is a red screen
Old 02-09-2005, 06:21 AM
Contributing Member

All I get is a black screen til i hit play and it turns white... then balck again...

It doesn't ever state a date/time on the site... or I don't see it... maybe they have to record it, then will stream it?

Last edited by turboale; 02-09-2005 at 06:23 AM.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:29 AM
lee
Contributing Member

its working now.

its pretty freakin' corny and terrible. i hope this gets to the point SOON
Old 02-09-2005, 06:31 AM
lee
Contributing Member

hahahah!

its exactly like the concept....

BFG KO's are on it...
Old 02-09-2005, 06:32 AM
Contributing Member

Did you just leave it on and it started working? Mine is still black...

Did find this though... no mention of the crusier... http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/showf...asp?MAKE_ID=49
Old 02-09-2005, 06:34 AM
lee
Contributing Member

yes, i left it on and it started up.

ill reserve judgement for when i see it in person, but so far its not really something im into.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:37 AM
Contributing Member

haha, I got it working on my mac and not on my roomate's pc... whoda thougth...

they put the spare on the rear too... I want to see the interior more...

Still not the finished product yet

Last edited by turboale; 02-09-2005 at 06:39 AM.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:40 AM
lee
Contributing Member

i know. im a bit disappointed by that. they also said there may be minor exterior modifications.... and no price range even given... just that it will be 'surprising'.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:42 AM
Contributing Member

So basicly they said that its not going to have an s/c'd 3.4 and the 4.0 instead. It will have bfg ATs and the spare will be on the rear now... and the price will be "surprising" other than that... don't waste your time watching it plus they tried humor... not such a good idea They didn't even bother to paint it a different color! Oh well... back to work...

Last edited by turboale; 02-09-2005 at 06:44 AM.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:45 AM
Contributing Member

Can someone post pics? I'm at work and have resrictions on viewing.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:50 AM
Contributing Member

I can't wait!!!

Just watched the webcast and read all their quotes on the webpage earlier…
4.0L V6, Rock sliders, rear-locking diff., washable interior, rear-mounted spare, four-wheel disc, etc. Sounds good. They were remarkably silent on the front end… makes me wonder if they are considering a solid axle still.

Only disappointment so far… still a year out.

Gotta raise 25K in the next year… hmmm...
Old 02-09-2005, 07:07 AM
Contributing Member

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeropost?...how&id=1823086

scroll down for a few more pics. Different grill in this one.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:08 AM
lee
Contributing Member

yea, that was the worst humor ive ever seen. horribly awkward.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:09 AM
lee
Contributing Member

good link, thanks. can you imagine it lifted 3" with like 38's??
Old 02-09-2005, 07:25 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by sabre
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeropost?...how&id=1823086

scroll down for a few more pics. Different grill in this one.

Thanks!!

BTW, can you PM me pics or a link for the chick in your avatar?
Old 02-09-2005, 07:52 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the tipoff about pricing came when Don Esmond said that the price will be "surprising", and that they'll sell 40,000 a year. The "surprising" word was used at Scion tC intro when everyone thought it would sell for just under $20K, but came in at just under $16K. Also, 40,000 trucks is big for something as specialized as the FJ niche. It'll be priced aggressively, at least the 4X2 M/T truck with steel wheels will.

Here's the press release and a few photos. I'm disappointed they didn't introduce the Designer, Chief Engineer and Project Manager.

02/09/2005 Chicago, IL

Toyota unveiled the all-new FJ Cruiser sport utility vehicle (SUV) at a press conference today at the 2005 Chicago Auto Show. The overwhelmingly positive response to the FJ Cruiser concept, developed two years ago, prompted Toyota to launch a production version of the SUV. The all-new production model retains much of the design details of the original concept.

"The FJ Cruiser effectively fills a gap in the Toyota lineup which was once our core heritage - capable, affordable and durable vehicles that are youthful, fun-to-drive, aggressive and tough," said Don Esmond, senior vice president and general manager, Toyota Division. "The FJ Cruiser will deliver true off-road ruggedness, image and performance at a very low price, making it highly accessible for a large volume of young buyers."

The final production design of the FJ Cruiser was a joint project by Toyota Motor Corporation and Calty Design Research, which developed the original concept vehicle shown at the North American International Auto Show in 2003. Chiseled from nearly a half-century tradition of tough off-road performance provided by the legendary FJ 40, the original 4Runner, and 4x4 compact pickups, the FJ Cruiser was developed as a basic, capable and affordable off-roader aimed specifically at young buyers with active outdoor lifestyles.

The FJ Cruiser takes on an authentic functional form, yet adopts several styling cues from the original FJ 40. Some of these cues are notable on the front end by its wide grille with "Toyota" logo badging, round headlights, and offset combination lamps. Additional inspiration can be found through its upright windshield and white cap roof. Traits are also noticeable in the rear with wrapping rear corner windows. The modern shape of the FJ Cruiser is woven into a compact package set on a wide track, producing enhanced stability and a powerful stance.

Utility features include a two-part rear hatch with flip-up glass, black overfenders with mudguards, and silver painted bumper extenders, mirrors, door handles and skid plate. Easy rear passenger entry into the two-door SUV is achieved with rear access doors.

Power is supplied by a 4.0-liter V6 engine, generating 245 horsepower and 282 lb-ft. of torque. The engine is paired with a five-speed automatic transmission on both 4x2 and 4x4 configurations and an available six-speed manual on 4x4 models.

The five-passenger FJ Cruiser rides on a modified 4Runner platform and features 17-inch steel wheels and four-wheel disc brakes. Just like all of the SUV’s in Toyota's line-up, the FJ Cruiser will be equipped with the Star Safety System which includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and traction control (TRAC), an anti-lock brake system (ABS) with electronic brake-force distribution (EBD) and brake assist as standard. All 4x2 models will come with a standard automatic limited slip differential (ALSD).

The tough and straightforward theme of the FJ Cruiser is extended to the interior with a cabin designed specifically for basic functionality and flexible utility. The instrument panel features an exterior color trim, adding to its sophisticated, handcrafted appearance. The faceplate with round inset instrumentation communicates a mechanical appearance. The steering wheel and center-mounted shifter, and attached-look door panels feature tool-like simplicity. The rear seats fold flat, creating ample cargo space and maximum usability.

The interior will be equipped with an array of standard convenience features including air conditioning, AM/FM CD audio with six speakers, tilt steering wheel, four cupholders, passenger seat back pocket, and an upper dash-mounted map/glove box.

Additional optional equipment includes 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels, rear differential lock, electronic four-wheel traction control (on 4WD models only), running boards, rear sonar backup assist, front seat-mounted side airbags and front- and rear-side curtain airbags, daytime running lights, power outside mirror with image lights, cruise control, AM/FM CD audio with a six-disc changer, equalizer and eight speakers, leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, multi-information display, exterior color door insert panels, privacy glass, and rear wiper.

"Toyota is responding to the needs of a new generation of buyers with a modern interpretation of a Toyota classic, combining Toyota heritage with the safety and refinement requirements of today’s market," said Esmond.

The Toyota FJ Cruiser will reach Toyota dealerships in early 2006.

TOYOTA FJ CRUISER VEHICLE PRELIMINARY SPECIFICATIONS

POWERTRAIN
4.0 Liter V6 – 245 hp /282 torque

5-speed automatic

Available 6-speed manual in 4x4

DIMENSIONS (inches)

Overall Length: 177.6

Overall Width: 74.6

Overall Height: 70.9

Wheelbase: 105.9

Ground Clearance: 9.6

Wheels: 17 inches black steel wheels w/full size spare
Available alloy wheels (5)

Tire Size: 265/70R17

Towing Capacity: 5,000 lbs.

Seating Capacity: 5

Quick Reply: New FJ Cruiser to be released.